Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
162 views
Hi,
I need to align RadDockZones into 3 columns using CSS. All of the examples and forum posts use tables to do just the same. I tried the following markup (see below) and expected to see the zones side by side, but instead they appear underneath each other. IE Developer toolbar is showing their display style as BLOCK, even though I set it to INLINE. I've tried creating a custom skin and setting display style to INLINE in .RadDockZone_Gwi2007{}, but still the same result. Am I missing something simple?

<telerik:RadDockLayout ID="RadDockLayout1" runat="server"                     
            Skin="Office2007" 
            EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"  >
   <div style="display:inline" >            
        <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server"                              Height="300px"
            Width="300px"
            style="display:inline !important">
        </telerik:RadDockZone>
   </div>
   <div style="display:inline !important" >
         <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone2" runat="server"                              Height="300px"
             Width="300px"
             style="display:inline !important">
         </telerik:RadDockZone>
    </div>
    <div style="display:inline">
          <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone3" runat="server"                                Height="300px"
               Width="300px"
               style="display:inline !important">
          </telerik:RadDockZone>
     </div>
</telerik:RadDockLayout>

Thanks,
Yevgeniya
Yevgeniya
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
2 answers
293 views
Hello,

When I use RadAjaxManager it breaks my page.
My controls are on the same line (to be embedded in a HTML Table later) but after RadAjaxManager'ed them, there is a line break on the screen after each control because there is a div created for each control by the Manager.

<div style="width: 100%">
    <asp:Label ID="Label27" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Aucun" />
        </Items>
        <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />
    </telerik:RadComboBox>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;
    <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Text="Button" />&nbsp;<asp:Button ID="Button3"
        runat="server" Text="Button" /></div>

In browser :
...
    <div id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_MajHoraires1_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_MajHoraires1_Button2Panel">
    <input type="submit" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$MajHoraires1$Button2" value="Button" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_MajHoraires1_Button2" />
</div>&nbsp;<div id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_MajHoraires1_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_MajHoraires1_Button3Panel">
    <input type="submit" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$MajHoraires1$Button3" value="Button" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_MajHoraires1_Button3" />
</div>
...


How can I bypass this problem ?

Thanks
Michael Bartlett
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
9 answers
149 views
When I am trying to get the start time of an appointment insert using 

eventArgs.get_startTime()

I get a time which is 4hrs ahead of my time. How can I change this? My TimeZoneOffset is set to 00:00:00 and the culture is set to UK.

If I alter the TimeZoneOffset this breaks my appointments as they start being displayed at the wrong times.
Thanks
Jon

Yamil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
2 answers
185 views
Simply stated, I have a web page with 2 tabs.  One tab has the scheduler control and another tab has a text control that uses an asp timer control to update the text.  The issue my users are having is that they scroll down to an appointment later on in the day and then click on the other tab to look at the text box.  When they click back to the scheduler tab, the timer has fired(creating a postback) and the scheduler is scrolled back to the beginning of the day.  Is there a way to save the scroll position of the scheduler so I can restore it once the user clicks back to the schedulers tab?
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
132 views
Hi, FormDecorator for ASP.NET AJAX is a very nice control to use.
However, i have found a problem that when the control postback using Ajaxmanager it lose it's style.
Any suggestion?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
2 answers
219 views
In JavaScript (client-side), how do you determine if a particular radGrid item is in edit mode or not?

Note: The index of the radGrid item is known.
Charles Forsyth
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
4 answers
188 views
Hello,
I need to change the layout of the RadGrid auto-generated Update/Insert/Cancel Buttons.  By default, the buttons are left aligned in the grid. My users are complaining that they are hard to see in that position and would prefer them to be aligned with my other controls.  I saw the information in "Customizing the appearance of auto-generated Update/Insert/Cancel buttons" but that only tells you how to change the look of the buttons, not the position.  How do I access that row so I can manipulate the position of the buttons? 
Thanks for your help,
Erin
Erin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
185 views
Whenever any of our users, who do not have administrative rights, attempt to access a page containing a RadCalendar control, they receive a 403 Access Denied message. We've checked our error logs and the following message appears each time this error is generated:

Application error when access /Company/News/Pages/default.aspx, Error=Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin\RadCalendar.Net2.DLL' is denied.

The rest of our custom dll's in this directory are able to be accessed without any problem so we know that the permission levels on this directory are correct.

What could be causing the RadCalendar dll from being able to be accessed?

plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
2 answers
316 views
I have a RadGrid in which the structure is built in the code-behind and the data sources are ObjectDataSources in the html. Everything works well except I'm trying to sort a column containing a Date/Time and while it sorts it is not sorting as expected. So, I have the following in the code-behind:

GridSortExpression

sortExp = new GridSortExpression();
sortExp.FieldName =
"ScheduledArrivalTime";
sortExp.SortOrder =
GridSortOrder.Ascending;
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.SortExpressions.AddSortExpression(sortExp);

boundColumn =
new GridDateTimeColumn();
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);
boundColumn.DataField =
"ScheduledArrivalTime";
boundColumn.HeaderText =
"Scheduled Arrival Time";

It appears it is sorting on the column but numerically, not by date. For example, these 3 dates, 6/6/2008, 6/10/2008, 6/11/2008, sort ascending as 6/10/2008, 6/11/2008, 6/6/2008.

What's wrong in the code above? Do I need to use the DataType property? If so, how is it set programtically? DataType = System.DateTime gives a build error.

Thanks
Jonathan

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
5 answers
187 views
Hi everyone,

It seems that all the expand methods (server side) don't fire the OnNodeExpandEvent. I need to expand a node server side but when I call the toggle or ExpandAllNode method, I can see the Expand mark but the node is not populated. Is this normal ? Is there a way to force the population of the node server side ?

Regards,
Sebastien.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?