Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
164 views
Hello,

I'm using RadComboBox in the same way like AutoComplete example on Telerik demos. For my purposes I need to set AutoCompleteSeparator=" " (space character). The problem is I have this character in the drop-down list of items. If I, for instance, choose "hello world" item and after that choose another (using the arrow keys on keyboard), then the first part of item ("hello) remains on input area. Is it by any chance possible to remove the entire item from input area when navigating through drop-down list of items?

And the second question. Is it possible not to choose selected item automatically? I mean when I'm walking through the list of drop-down items I don't want them appear on input area until I press "Enter" for example.

Telerik.Web.UI.dll 2008.1.0415

Thank you,
Yaroslav
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
8 answers
240 views
How can I set the width of all the bars in a large series to a certain #pixel???
(Since the series is large I get a huge overlapping of all the bars)
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
2 answers
281 views
I'm evaluating the rad controls and things seem to be going well. But, I am banging my head against the wall on this one issue.

I have a radmenu with a an OnItemClick handler that is in my code behind. This works fine. I also am trying to add an OnClientItemClicking javascript handler to open a RadWindow, but when I click the menu item, I get an error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Item.Text' is null or not an object".

My javascript function looks like this:

function OnClientItemClickingHandler(sender, eventArgs)  
{  
    if (eventArgs.Item.Text == "Application Configuration")  
    {  
        radopen(null,"AppSettingsWindow");  
        return false;  
    }  
}   

My menu looks like:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" Runat="server" OnClientItemClicking="OnClientItemClickingHandler" OnItemClick="RadMenu1_ItemClick" ExpandDelay="50" style="z-index:3000">  
    <CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" NavigateUrl="/Default.aspx" Text="Home">  
        </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Administration">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Application Configuration">  
                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Create master network">  
                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Create new VPN">  
                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Create lotsa money">  
                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
            </Items> 
       </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
    </Items> 
    <ExpandAnimation Duration="100" Type="InOutSine" /> 
</telerik:RadMenu> 

I've searched the message board, and followed the example, but can't get this one thing working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
4 answers
152 views
I have a template column in a grid, the item template is using an asp:label and the edit mode is using a radcombobox. When i try to update an item i loose the value and  updates to null. I'm using automatic updates/inserts/deletes on my grid.

Everything worked fine before when i was just using a drop down column on the grid but i wanted to allow custom text on the combo box. I would prefer to allow custom text with the dropdown column but i couldn't figure out how so i switched to a template column.
The KID
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
5 answers
403 views

Hello,

I am using the Telerik.Web.UI.dll(2008.1.415.20) which is the latest version of the Asp.Net Ajax Control. RadEditor not displaying properly in the firefox. The code that I have used to create the RadEditor is

<RadControl:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" BackColor="white" Height="135"  EnableViewState="false"EditModes="Design" ToolbarMode="Default" Width="99%" OnClientCommandExecuting="OnClientCommandExecuting" OnClientLoad="CharactersLimit">

</RadControl:RadEditor>

Here the content area flows down beyond the Editor When we dont set or set the height greather than 200px its working fine. Whereas the previous version of the dll(Prometheus) has been working fine in FireFox. Could you help out to fix this


Thanks & Regards,

Reethish

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
107 views
Hi there,

setting ShowSortIcon to false (in aspx / code-behind) doesnt work. Trying to the the sort images to placeholder gif's did help, either.

Any ideas how to get rid of these?

Many thanks & regards

   Chris
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
120 views
I was trying to get filebrowser to work but can't find where to get Directories.asmx?

Where can I find that file?

/Anders Spetz
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
4 answers
218 views
I ahve a button in my appointment template which shows a tooltip using the tooltip manager (from your example)

When I click the button the tooltip appears, which is correct. But when I close the tooltip and then click the button a 2nd time the advanced edit window appears and the tooltip.

How can I prevent the edit window appearing on the 2nd click? Surely if I click the button then the appointment edit window shouldn't appear.

Any help would be great
Jon
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
136 views
I have a page that i created from slices and i used to have rollovers in the cells... however, i wanted to create a drop down in its place...

I placed a radMenu in the cells.. and set the image rollover and hover...
i also set the height and width to the exact dimensions...

The page views correctly in ie7.. (sometimes)
the dropdown slides out and doesnt always appear in the same place..
I had to set the margin for the control itself to -2px on the x and y... or the graphic doesnt appear flush...

if you view the page in ie6, it breaks the page and the buttons are no longer flush..

viewing the page in safari also makes the dropdowns (set to horizontal) come in the middle of the button... 

Please advise... What did i do wrong??

here is a link to the page:

http://eworldmall.net/ademo

thanks

Jeff
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
113 views
Since upgrading to Asp.net Ajax I have been getting the error:

"Script controls may not be registered after PreRender. "

This occurs in a custom control that creates a RadDatePicker control and tries to execute:

Controls.Add(radpicker);

What has changed that stops this from working?

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?