Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
155 views
I am developing custom web parts using Smart Part in which has AJAX capability. All I need to create in my web part is the ascx user control and i put into a usercontrols folder and i can run it as a web part in WSS.

FYI, I am running on WSS3 only. The web parts will have updatepanel component. however, i have problem when it is telerik i am using as telerik assembly files are not in there. Will need help on how I can run Telerik with my web parts as smart part. And what are the Telerik products I need to accomplish this. I would like to use Telerik Reporting as one of my custom web parts as well.

Need this for my project. If possible, guides on how to get this working. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Lidiya
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
133 views
Hi Telerik:

i am creating a radgrid dinamically. after the radgrig has been created i want ot modify some cells. How can i have access to the cell.

for example :


rows/colums      col0    col1   col2 col3

row0                    x          y      z     w

row1                    x          y      z     w

row2                    x          y      z     w

How can i modify de cell allocate in row1 col2.  I must to say  i am using textboxes inside of every cell.

Thank you


  
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
177 views
I have 2 charts on my web page (see attached code blocks).

I can set a ToolTip and URL for each point in each series.

This works fine if I only have one chart on my page.

If I have two charts, then only the second charts ToolTips and URL links work.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Paul.

using System;  
using System.Data;  
using System.Configuration;  
using System.Collections;  
using System.Drawing;  
using System.Web;  
using System.Web.Security;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;  
using Telerik.Charting;  
using Telerik.WebControls;  
 
public partial class Default5 : System.Web.UI.Page  
{  
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        if (!Page.IsPostBack)  
        {  
            CreateChart(RadChart1);  
            CreateChart(RadChart2);  
 
        }  
    }  
 
    private void CreateChart(RadChart radChart)  
    {  
        const double hourStep = 1 / 24.0;  
        const double minuteStep = hourStep / 60;  
        const double fiveMinuteStep = minuteStep * 5;  
 
        double startTime = new DateTime(2008, 1, 1, 19, 0, 0, 0).ToOADate();  
        double endTime = new DateTime(2008, 1, 2, 7, 0, 0, 0).ToOADate();  
 
        radChart.ChartTitle.TextBlock.Text = "Trend Chart";  
 
        radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AddRange(startTime, endTime, hourStep);  
        radChart.PlotArea.YAxis.AutoScale = false;  
        radChart.PlotArea.YAxis.MaxValue = 70;  
        radChart.PlotArea.YAxis.MinValue = -70;  
 
        radChart.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Text = "UOM";  
        radChart.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Visible = true;  
 
        radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale = false;  
 
        Random r = new Random();  
        ChartSeries s = radChart.CreateSeries(radChart.ID + "Series 1", Color.Empty, Color.Empty, ChartSeriesType.Line);  
 
        Int32 testResultId = 0;  
        for (double currentTime = startTime; currentTime < endTime; currentTime += fiveMinuteStep)  
        {  
            testResultId += 1;  
            ChartSeriesItem item = new ChartSeriesItem();  
            item.XValue = currentTime + (r.NextDouble() - 0.5) * fiveMinuteStep;  
            item.YValue = 0 + (r.NextDouble() - 0.5) * 90;  
 
            item.Label.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = "value=" + item.YValue + ", time=" + DateTime.FromOADate(item.XValue).ToShortTimeString();  
            item.Label.ActiveRegion.Url = "http://localhost/ChartTest/Default2.aspx?TestResultId=" + testResultId;  
            item.Label.TextBlock.Text = " ";  
            s.Appearance.LineSeriesAppearance.Color = Color.Blue;  
 
 
            s.Items.Add(item);  
        }  
 
        s = radChart.CreateSeries(radChart.ID + "Series 2", Color.Empty, Color.Empty, ChartSeriesType.Line);  
 
        testResultId = 0;  
        for (double currentTime = startTime; currentTime < endTime; currentTime += fiveMinuteStep)  
        {  
            testResultId += 1;  
            ChartSeriesItem item = new ChartSeriesItem();  
            item.XValue = currentTime + (r.NextDouble() - 0.5) * fiveMinuteStep;  
            item.YValue = 0 + (r.NextDouble() - 0.5) * 90;  
 
            item.Label.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = "value=" + item.YValue + ", time=" + DateTime.FromOADate(item.XValue).ToShortTimeString();  
            item.Label.ActiveRegion.Url = "http://localhost/ChartTest/Default2.aspx?TestResultId=" + testResultId;  
            item.Label.TextBlock.Text = " ";  
            s.Appearance.LineSeriesAppearance.Color = Color.Green;  
 
            s.Items.Add(item);  
        }  
 
    }  
 
}  
 
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default5.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default5" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadChart.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radC" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadChart.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TagPrefix="radC" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        <radC:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server"  Width="1082px" Height="807px" DefaultType="Line" > 
            <ChartTitle> 
                <TextBlock Text="Trend Chart">  
                </TextBlock> 
                <Appearance> 
                    <FillStyle MainColor="Azure">  
                    </FillStyle> 
                </Appearance> 
            </ChartTitle> 
            <Appearance TextQuality="AntiAlias">  
                <FillStyle MainColor="Azure">  
                </FillStyle> 
            </Appearance> 
            <PlotArea> 
                <Appearance Dimensions-Margins="10%, 10%, 10%, 10%" > 
                    <FillStyle MainColor="Azure" SecondColor="">  
                    </FillStyle> 
                </Appearance> 
                <XAxis LayoutMode="Inside" AutoScale="False">  
                <AxisLabel> 
                    <TextBlock Text="Time" Visible="True">  
                    </TextBlock> 
                </AxisLabel> 
                    <Appearance ValueFormat="ShortTime">  
                        <LabelAppearance RotationAngle="45" Position-AlignedPosition="Top">                          
                        </LabelAppearance> 
                        <MajorGridLines Visible="False" /> 
                    </Appearance> 
                    <Items> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="1">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="2">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="3">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="4">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="5">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="6">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="7">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                    </Items> 
                </XAxis> 
                <YAxis IsZeroBased="False" MaxValue="100" Step="10">  
                </YAxis> 
                <DataTable> 
                    <Appearance RenderType="PlotAreaRelative" TextHorizontalAlign="Center" TextVerticalAlign="Middle">  
                    </Appearance> 
                </DataTable> 
                <YAxis2 MinValue="1">  
                </YAxis2> 
                <EmptySeriesMessage Visible="True">  
                </EmptySeriesMessage> 
            </PlotArea> 
            <Legend> 
                <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="None">  
                </Appearance> 
            </Legend> 
        </radC:RadChart> 
      
        <radC:RadChart ID="RadChart2" runat="server"  Width="1082px" Height="807px" DefaultType="Line" > 
            <ChartTitle> 
                <TextBlock Text="Trend Chart">  
                </TextBlock> 
                <Appearance> 
                    <FillStyle MainColor="Azure">  
                    </FillStyle> 
                </Appearance> 
            </ChartTitle> 
            <Appearance TextQuality="AntiAlias">  
                <FillStyle MainColor="Azure">  
                </FillStyle> 
            </Appearance> 
            <PlotArea> 
                <Appearance Dimensions-Margins="10%, 10%, 10%, 10%" > 
                    <FillStyle MainColor="Azure" SecondColor="">  
                    </FillStyle> 
                </Appearance> 
                <XAxis LayoutMode="Inside" AutoScale="False">  
                <AxisLabel> 
                    <TextBlock Text="Time" Visible="True">  
                    </TextBlock> 
                </AxisLabel> 
                    <Appearance ValueFormat="ShortTime">  
                        <LabelAppearance RotationAngle="45" Position-AlignedPosition="Top">                          
                        </LabelAppearance> 
                        <MajorGridLines Visible="False" /> 
                    </Appearance> 
                    <Items> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="1">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="2">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="3">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="4">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="5">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="6">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                        <radC:ChartAxisItem Value="7">  
                            <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Top" RotationAngle="45">  
                            </Appearance> 
                        </radC:ChartAxisItem> 
                    </Items> 
                </XAxis> 
                <YAxis IsZeroBased="False" MaxValue="100" Step="10">  
                </YAxis> 
                <DataTable> 
                    <Appearance RenderType="PlotAreaRelative" TextHorizontalAlign="Center" TextVerticalAlign="Middle">  
                    </Appearance> 
                </DataTable> 
                <YAxis2 MinValue="1">  
                </YAxis2> 
                <EmptySeriesMessage Visible="True">  
                </EmptySeriesMessage> 
            </PlotArea> 
            <Legend> 
                <Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="None">  
                </Appearance> 
            </Legend> 
        </radC:RadChart> 
      
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
258 views
Using a RadGrid I'd like to raise a postback  from the client side on the event RowDblClick.

My difficulty is to pass the DataKey value of the row who was raise by dbl click and should be pass as argument to the postback.

Thanks for help

<ClientSettings AllowKeyboardNavigation="true">

<ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="ctrlListeSejourGV_RowDblClick"/>

</ClientSettings>

function

ctrlListeSejourGV_RowDblClick(rowIndex){

var  dataKeyValue  = {....} <<< the code i'm looking for

_doPostBack(

"<%= ctrlListeSejourGV.UniqueID %>", "RowDblClick:" + dataKeyValue );

}

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
158 views
Hi:
I just installed RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and when I try to run some sample I get this error:

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
163 views
In the previous version of tabstrip (non-AJAX), you could grab the EventObject in the OnClientMouseOver event to show a mouse-over menu. See http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-baccak.aspx for an example.
The EventObject is no longer a property of the eventArgs ... how do I accomplish this in RadControls AJAX?
Is the get_domEvent() the correct method?

Also, how do I get the client ID that caused the event. Previously, I used tab.ID but this no longer works. Should I use sender.get_id()?

Thanks!
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
12 answers
304 views
At the blank page date picker control is working...
Why when i add the control at my web page i can't see the date picker pop up button?
Yoni Dagan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
203 views
How do you select an item after manually firing a requestItems callback?  I'm calling:

combo.requestItems(valueToSelect, false); 

The valueToSelect is the value I want selected in the combo box.  I've tried selecting the item when populating the list on the server during the callback, but this doesn't work.  It used to work in RadControls for ASP.NET, but in this version it does not work.  I've read several posts about how you can't do this. 

So, my question is, how do I select the item in the combo box without using a global javascript variable?

Thanks,
Sara
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
109 views
When I place a RadComboBox inside a RadToolTip, the RadComboBox dropdown items list appears under the tooltip.

Obviously, I would like to have it appear on top of the tooltip.

Thanks,
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
189 views
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Scheduler/Examples/RadToolTip/DefaultCS.aspx

Under the demo, line
Dim aptId As Integer = Integer.Parse(e.TargetControlID.Split("_")(1))
would not pass when there is master page present, value for e.TargetControlID.Split("_")(1) would ring up "ContentPlaceHolder1", Is there anyway to fix it? such as loading strings some other way. Please help.
Thank you
Thank you
Best Regards
Peter

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?