Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
80 views
I have installed the 2008.1 version and created a site collection called Litware based on the Publishing Portal. 

1. Add the full-featured RadEditor web part to a webpart page
2. Edit the text
3. The style of the font defaults to times new romain instead of the tahoma font defined in the body tag of the default publishing portal site collection. When the content is saved, THEN it displays as tahoma. This means the editors cannot see what their content will actually look like and this will lead to other problems such as manually setting fonts.

This is counter to how the out of the box Microsoft editor works, which does inherit and display the body tag fonts in edit mode.

So I uninstalled and have re-installed the 4_5_3 version twice now, and both times it has crashed sql server, but that is another issue. If the 2008.1 version works the same as the Microsoft control as claimed in the help section on styles then I would not have to be trying out the older version.

I used the MCMS RadEditor and was impressed but have to say thus far I am not impressed with the MOSS 2007 version. If it doesn't pick up something as basic as font styles in a body tag it makes me think I am in for a lot of negative surprises in the future if we continue to use this product.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
185 views
I want to add an <asp:checkbox to each of the RadPanelItems that are under the RadPanelBar. I tried doing this via an ItemTemplate but that showed the checkbox on the next line and not next to the Text. Is there anyway to do this. I am trying to make a survery that has sections and as they complete a section it checks them off.

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan De Jong
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
0 answers
112 views
Hi ,

I have page with some controls and another page with radPanelBar , when user clicks on radPanelItem i want to display that other page content inside Panel Item , is there anyway to do it?
v
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Jun 2008
5 answers
96 views
I get to my grid in the .aspx file as

function getGrid()
{
    return window["<%= grMessageList.ClientID %>"];
}

Then, in a separate javascript file, following the code in one of your samples, I get the MasterTableView as

mocsRadGrid = getGrid();
mocsRadMasterTableView = mocsRadGrid.MasterTableView ==

null ? mocsRadGrid.objectData.MasterTableView : mocsRadGrid.MasterTableView;

After upgrading to the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, this code doesn't work any more. I am getting an error that objectData is null. I tried get_MasterTableView() call but it is not recognized. The code runs on the first page load, not in an ajax postback.

What is the correct syntax now?

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
2 answers
167 views

 
I am binding telerik:RadTabStrip in code behind through database.

<telerik:RadDockLayout id="RadDockingManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadDockLayout>     
                         <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1"  runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" ontabclick="RadTabStrip1_TabClick"
                                  MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" OnClientTabSelecting="OnClientTabSelecting" CausesValidation="false">
                          </telerik:RadTabStrip>

 

 

  function OnClientTabSelecting(sender, args)
            {
                var tabtext = args.get_tab().get_text();
              
                if(tabtext == "Home")
                {
                   /**some code here**/     
           _btn.click();
                    return false;
                }
               
                else if(tabtext == "Contact")
                {
                    var ch = ShowContactDialog();
                    return ch;
                }
                else if(tabtext == "Career")
                {
                    var ch = ShowCareerDialog();
                    return ch;
                }
            }           
       
            function ShowContactDialog()
            {
               var discountW = window.radopen("Tab_Pop_Ups/Contact_Dialog.aspx","ModalityDialog");
               
                discountW.SetSize (220,290);
                 return false;
            }
           
            function ShowCareerDialog()
            {
               var discountW = window.radopen("Tab_Pop_Ups/Career_Dialog.aspx","LocationDialog");
               
                discountW.SetSize (220,290);
                 return false;
            }

 

 public void BindTabStrip(int TabCount, DataSet ds)
    {
        try
        {
             for (int i = 0; i < TabCount; i++)
            {
                RadTab NewTab = new RadTab();

                NewTab.Text = ds.Tables[0].Rows[i]["TabName"].ToString();

                RadTabStrip1.Tabs.Add(NewTab);
                RadPageView pv = new RadPageView();
                pv.ID = i.ToString() + "_PageView";
                RadMultiPage1.PageViews.Add(pv);
            }
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            Response.Write("Account_Dashboard.aspx_:BindTabStrip" + ex.Message.ToString());
        }
    }

 

 

and on tab change i want to open a popup window, in which i have ok and cancel button .
If i will click on ok it will change to clicked tab otherwise it will remain in the same tab.For this i am calling the javascript function

OnClientTabSelecting.

As soon i click on another tab it will open the popup window and also changed the tab.
I want that it should not change the tab untill i click on OK of popup window and if i click on cancel it should remain in the same tab.

EX if i have three tab Home, Contact and Career and current activated tab is say Home.If i click on Contact it should open the popup window

with list of contacts and OK & cancel button and the activated tab is Home until i click on Ok.

But in my case it change the tab as popup opened.

Please help.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
7 answers
223 views
Hi

i have implemented a test site with radgrid and LINQ, like your example: http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/GeneralFeatures/ASPNET35/DefaultCS.aspx

Every click in the paging, increase the memory task: "iexplore.exe", why ?

which component has the memory leak?

best regards
toprak
http://www.oneoffer.ch
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
4 answers
136 views
Hi,

I have a datatable and that contains some html tags. And this is uses as a datasource of grid. And i want to use grid scroll's and frozencolum property with that. And want to see grid lines. But some thing is wrong.

I serialize the data to xml file and make a simple page. You can download and see from http://www.piworks.net/test/gridtest.rar and you can see the screeshot from http://www.piworks.net/test/screenshot.jpg

Regards

Ahmet HOSO

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
138 views
Hi Guys,

I am newbie here.

Could you please tell me How do I use the RadEditorMoss.wsp within my Asp.Net Form,I basically want to use this instead of an Asp.Net Text box..within my custom user control hosted on SharePoint 2007.

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Chander
George
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
4 answers
166 views
When the "update" button is pressed for a single edit form, it works.  But when the "UpdateEdited" command is triggered from when the user presses it to update all of the editing rows, an exception occurs.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index

System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +2107838 Manage_Users.users_grid_UpdateCommand(Object source, GridCommandEventArgs e) in c:\adminui\Manage_Users.aspx.cs:37

For some reason it's not seeing the First Name control.


Here is the code I'm using:

protected void users_grid_UpdateCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
    {

        GridEditableItem editedItem = e.Item as GridEditableItem;
        string userid = editedItem.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues[editedItem.ItemIndex]["ps_userid"].ToString();
        string firstName = (editedItem["First Name"].Controls[0] as TextBox).Text;
        string lastName = (editedItem["Last Name"].Controls[0] as TextBox).Text;
        string group = (editedItem["Group"].Controls[0] as DropDownList).SelectedItem.Text;

        string updateQuery = "UPDATE ps_users set first_name='" + firstName + "',last_name='" + lastName + "',ps_usertype='" + group + "' where ps_userid='" + userid + "'";
        MasterPage.executeSQL(updateQuery);
        
    }
Ed Bassin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
138 views
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm using the RadWindow control. The RadWindow control is on the page and the openerElement is inside an update panel. Everything works fine until the update panel is posted back to the server. Once this has happened when I click the button which previously opened the dialog, nothing happens! Any idea why this would be the case?

I've also tried moving the RadWindow control inside the update panel, but this seems to throw the following exception:

"Error.invalidOperation(Sys.Res.controlAlreadyDefined)"

I have an example project but cant see anywhere to attach this?

Thanks
David
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?