Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
133 views
Hello,

I am using the RadScheduler control and was wondering if it's possible to determine programmatically the date range for the current display.  For example, if I have the weekly view on, and then I press the arrow to move to the following week, I'd like to get the beginning date of the following week.  Since I am using a dynamic data source, I want to use date to streamline my SQL query for better performance.

Thanks,

Antonio.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
155 views

Hello,


Does anyone knows how to get the resources between the specified start and end time instead of getting all the resources from resource collection?  I'm trying to get the resources durring scheduler FormCreatingEvent and then hide the available resources so user cannot reserve the same resource again between that time.

Please help any suggestion or comments would be appereciated.

Thank you.
-Sal

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
333 views
This was brought up before and the answer was that it would be fixed in the RTM of Q1 2008, but apparently there is no change from the Betas.

Why is the Web20 Skin so different from the Visual Appearance of the same skin in RadMenu?

I was expecting the look to be identical to a MenuItem but its not, the button looks greyed out and hover turns the text White.

Do I need to override the look so that text is White by Default and Dark Blue and the BG changed to a nice gradient highlight when hovered?  

Thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
131 views
I have a sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen where certain buttons link to different pages on the site.  The main area is a a asp:ContentPlaceHolder.  When the user clicks a link on the sidebar, I want only the page in the ContentPlaceHolder to load.

Is it possible to do this, or do I have to wrap the ContentPlaceHolder in something special?

Thanks
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
96 views
In the Grid footer i may will have negative number and also positive numbers.
if it is negative numbr i need to display something like this.(12345)

Can we do it through this property 

FooterAggregateFormatString

 
and also what format string i need to provide


else if i can get this done in someother way ? without doing it in ItemDataBound

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
3 answers
152 views
Hello all,

How can I show a loading panel while the page is loading, I have found an example in the help, but doesn't work for me.

I have a masterpage with RadSplitter on it and I did the following:

RadManager settings in .aspx:
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadMgr" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadMgr_AjaxRequest">  
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadMgr">  
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panelcontrolholder" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 

JS:
script type="text/javascript">  
// Show Loading Panel in the first application initialization phase  
window.onload = function()  
{  
    setTimeout( function()  
    {  
        window[ "<%= RadMgr.ClientID %>"].AjaxRequest("InitialPageLoad");  
    }, 200);  
} 

CS:
protected void RadMgr_AjaxRequest(object sender,AjaxRequestEventArgs e)  
    {  
        if (e.Argument == "InitialPageLoad")  
        {  
            //simulate longer page load  
            //System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000);  
            MainPanel.Visible = true;  
        }  
    } 

What is missing here !!

Best regards,
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
1 answer
162 views
Hi,
please remove this post if someone else had already posted it in this forum.  OR, if you think my post is not best practice/recomended.  I was looking for an easy way to adjust my textboxes width in an automatic edit generated form.  While I found answers that requires little more work, I was able to figure out an easier way to acheive that without writing to much code.  I hope that this code will help others who are/were in the same situation like me.

************

Imports

Telerik.Web.UI

....

Private
Sub GridUnits_CreateColumnEditor(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCreateColumnEditorEventArgs) Handles GridUnits.CreateColumnEditor

If IsNumeric(Right(e.Column.UniqueName, 3)) Then

Dim tbwidth As Integer

tbwidth =

CType(Right(e.Column.UniqueName, 3), Integer)

Dim tbGeneric = DirectCast(e.ColumnEditor, GridTextBoxColumnEditor)

tbGeneric.TextBoxControl.Width = Unit.Pixel(tbwidth)

End If

End Sub

***************************
All you have to do is to add three digit number to each uniquename property for the columns you wish to overwrite its width

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="TabNo" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText="TabNo"

SortExpression="TabNo" UniqueName="TabNo" Visible="False">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Icon_url" HeaderText="Icon_url" SortExpression="Icon_url"

UniqueName="Icon_url300" Visible="False">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="bgImage_url" HeaderText="bgImage_url" SortExpression="bgImage_url"

UniqueName="bgImage_url200" Visible="False">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>


If you know of an easier way, please let me know



Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
6 answers
277 views
I have a RadToolTip on each element of a RadGrid.  In the Grid_ItemBound method I set the tip's client ID to that of the element. 

In IE7 we get expected results, but in Firefox 2.0 as the mouse is hovering over the grid element, the tooltip repeatedly opens and closes very fast.  Is there a workaround for this?

We are on Rad ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2008, .NET 2.0

Thanks.

-Adam
Joel R
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
16 answers
334 views
1)  How do I make the text editor background white?

2)  The toolbars are all blown apart
The dropdown arrows for some of the controls are underneath the actual image.
The previous version did not have this issue.

3)  How do I get rid of the bunch of wasted space underneath the preview button.  It's empty space that is better served for the actual editor window.
The previous version did not have this space/issue.

The only real way to describe the issues is if you let me email you a jpg of what I'm looking at.
This is for internal company intranet app on IE 6.0.29

Thanks,
RjD
Paul Wood
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2008
2 answers
123 views
Hi,

I have a radgrid in my web user control. When the plus sign on a row is clicked, the detailsview of that row is displayed.

Only one detailsview is displayed at a time. The problem is that when a row is expanded it can not be collapsed again. The only way to collapse that row is to expand another row.

Thanks
Ralph DePetrillo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?