Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
296 views
In the Rad Controls Prometheus, filtering textual data with the 'Contains' menu option matched the filtering item without concern for the case of the text.  This is no longer true with the new RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008.

For example, in a column of textual data that contains the names of cities, the previous version (Prometheus) would find 'Chicago' entered in any case or mixture of cases: 'chic', 'CHIC', 'Chic'.  Now, the Q1 2008 controls requires the user to key the exact case match as the data that they are searching for--filtering will fail if the user types, 'CHIC' or 'chic'.  In this case, the use must filter on 'Chic'.

How can I get the new RadGrid to ignore case when filtering textual data?

Thank You,

David Nowak.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
139 views
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm using the RadWindow control. The RadWindow control is on the page and the openerElement is inside an update panel. Everything works fine until the update panel is posted back to the server. Once this has happened when I click the button which previously opened the dialog, nothing happens! Any idea why this would be the case?

I've also tried moving the RadWindow control inside the update panel, but this seems to throw the following exception:

"Error.invalidOperation(Sys.Res.controlAlreadyDefined)"

I have an example project but cant see anywhere to attach this?

Thanks
David
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
183 views
I am having some trouble with integrating a ContextMenu with RadScheduler. I followed the example that comes with the Q1 2008 release, but on the serverside, when trying to create an IschedulerTimeSlot with the passed timeslot index string (which, in my case looks something like 1:2:2, with variations depending on the slot clicked), I get a "Cell index out of range: 0" error. In the week view, zero here can be replaced with a number that represents the day of the week, and which is the last digit in the index string. Client side, I basically copied your code from the integration sample.

On the other hand, if I try to use code from the client-side events sample, using the function onTimeSlotContextMenu and the eventArgs.get_time() method, I get a Javascript error that the method is not supported. Stepping through with the debugger, it would seem that there is a field available (_startTime), but this seems to be completely undocumented, and I would rather not access a field directly anyway if there are supported/preferred methods in case things change down the road.

So... is there any update to the documentation available that might help me out here? Essentially, all I need to do here is access the timeslot that opened the context menu which was then clicked. Ultimately, I need a datetime object to work with. At the moment, I have a choice among 1. Client-side error, 2. Server-error, and 3. Accessing a client-side field which needs to be parsed before use.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
3 answers
243 views
I'm handling tool tips using the tool tip manager. Ideally I would like the tool tip to disappear when the user move's the mouse off of the element, currently the user must mouse over the tool tip first. I do have sticky set to false and autoclosedelay set to 0. I have seen some references in other posts to adding an onmouseout event to hide the tool tip but no reference to how to handle this via the tool tip manager (I can't seem to find much/any client API reference for the Tool Tip Manager). Is this possible and if so how do I get the tool tip in the javascript?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
19 answers
305 views

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the new Prometheus version.

Unfortunately I can't get it to work.

I have MOSS 2007 SP1 with ASP.NET 3.5 installed.
The web.config has been updated according to the article referred to in the readme.txt. Of course, the version numbers of system.web.extension have been changed to 3.5.0.0 accordingly.

I can add and deploy the solutions and I can also activate the features, but the HTML editor does not change.

When I try to add it as a webpart, I get the following error:

Unable to add selected web parts.
Telerik Rad Editor for MOSS: One of the properties of the selected web part has an incorrect format. Windows Sharepoint Services cannot deserialize the webpart. Check the format of the properties and try again.

What went wrong?

Regards

Martin

George
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
92 views
We have been using the RadDatePicker control with skins and themeing for a while and just upgraded to the 2008 Q1 version. Everything is working except for RadDatePicker which is now looking in some strange combination of both the default directory and the skins path.

Any Ideas?
Mishel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
85 views
I have just recently downloaded the trial version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.  I have used the ASP.NET RadControls before, but decided to see what's new.  I've run into a problem when trying to convert a page.

On the page, I have two drop downs - Region and Country.  The region drop down filters the list in the country drop down.  On this page, the user can, at any time, save the filter changes that they've made (for example, they can save the fact that they've selected "East Asia" and "Japan".  Then, later, they can click a link button to reload these selections.  When they click this button, I need to on the client side to load what has been saved.  Before, I would do:

regionCombo.FindItemByValue(regionId).Select();     
countryCombo.RequestItems(regionId + "|" + countryId, false);    

Then on the callback to the server, I would load the countries for the specified region and select the specified country - all on the server.

Since switching, I have been unable to accomplish the same thing.  When I try to select the item, a SelectedIndexChanged event fires for the region drop down (before this didn't happen).  Secondly, when I load the items on the server for the country drop down, the country that is supposed to get selected does not get selected on the client.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix these two issues?

Thanks,
Sara
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
91 views
I am having a page where i use a radeditor.
What i would like to do is when i click the image gallery and select an image except the editor, a text box with an id 'txtSelectedImage' needs to be updated.

Is there any way to get this done?

Thanks in advance
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
136 views
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how can I put a shadow effect background like the example in

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Grid/Examples/DataEditing/AllEditableColumns/DefaultCS.aspx

Regards,
Pedro
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
12 answers
264 views
I would like to build a three-level hierarchy like the sample, but I got stuck.

In the tables I've made a relation between the mentioned tables (primary key and foreign key), but the grid keeps on telling  me there's no child record to display. What do I do wrong or did I miss something?
    <telerik:RadGrid ID="gvProjects" runat="server" DataSourceID="dsProject"   
        GridLines="None" Skin="Office2007" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"   
        AllowAutomaticInserts="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True"   
        AutoGenerateColumns="False">  
        <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" /> 
<MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Bottom" DataKeyNames="ProjectId">  
<DetailTables> 
<telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="ProjectId" DataSourceID="dsFiles" runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="Top" Name="tblFiles">  
<ParentTableRelation> 
<telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="ProjectId" MasterKeyField="ProjectId" /> 
</ParentTableRelation> 
 
<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="true">  
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
</RowIndicatorColumn> 
 
<ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="true" Resizable="False">  
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
</ExpandCollapseColumn> 
 
<EditFormSettings> 
<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None"></PopUpSettings> 
</EditFormSettings> 
</telerik:GridTableView> 
</DetailTables> 
 
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="dsProject" runat="server"   
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:DBPortal %>"   
        DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [tblProjects] WHERE [ProjectId] = @ProjectId"   
        InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [tblProjects] ([ProjectName], [ProjectDescription], [Remarks], [CustomerId], [ContractNummer], [DataSupplierId]) VALUES (@ProjectName, @ProjectDescription, @Remarks, @CustomerId, @ContractNummer, @DataSupplierId)"   
        SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [tblProjects]"   
        UpdateCommand="UPDATE [tblProjects] SET [ProjectName] = @ProjectName, [ProjectDescription] = @ProjectDescription, [Remarks] = @Remarks, [CustomerId] = @CustomerId, [ContractNummer] = @ContractNummer, [DataSupplierId] = @DataSupplierId WHERE [ProjectId] = @ProjectId">  
        <DeleteParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ProjectId" Type="Int32" /> 
        </DeleteParameters> 
        <UpdateParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ProjectName" Type="String" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ProjectDescription" Type="String" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Remarks" Type="String" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="CustomerId" Type="Int32" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ContractNummer" Type="Int64" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="DataSupplierId" Type="Int32" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ProjectId" Type="Int32" /> 
        </UpdateParameters> 
        <InsertParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ProjectName" Type="String" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ProjectDescription" Type="String" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Remarks" Type="String" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="CustomerId" Type="Int32" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="ContractNummer" Type="Int64" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="DataSupplierId" Type="Int32" /> 
        </InsertParameters> 
    </asp:SqlDataSource>    
 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="dsFiles" runat="server"   
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:DBPortal %>"   
        SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [tblFiles] WHERE ([ProjectId] = @ProjectId)"   
        DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [tblFiles] WHERE [FileId] = @FileId">  
      <SelectParameters> 
          <asp:SessionParameter Name="ProjectId" SessionField="ProjectId" Type="Int32" /> 
      </SelectParameters> 
      <DeleteParameters> 
          <asp:Parameter Name="FileId" Type="Int32" /> 
      </DeleteParameters> 
        </asp:SqlDataSource> 
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?