Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
118 views
Hi all,

I have a radgrid that has a GridTemplateColumn and inside it there is ItemTemplate which has ModalPopupExtender and LinkButton so when I click on the button I would see detail values for that row just like this:
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="PersonID">  
            <Columns> 
              <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumn">  
                  <ItemTemplate>                         
                        <asp:LinkButton ID="link1" runat="server" CausesValidation="false" Text='<%#Eval("PersonID")%>'      
                        CommandName="SelectButton" ></asp:LinkButton> 
                        <cc1:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server" BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground"   
                        TargetControlID="link1" PopupControlID="Panel1" OkControlID="btnOK" > 
                        </cc1:ModalPopupExtender> 
                  </ItemTemplate> 
              </radG:GridTemplateColumn> 
              <radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="PersonID" Display="False" HeaderText="PersonID" 
                    ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="PersonID">  
              </radG:GridBoundColumn> 
   </MasterTableView> 
Now I want to get the value of PersonID from the DataKey Names so I can run a query with that ID and get more details to display in the popupextender.

Thank you for all your help
Shehab
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
3 answers
279 views
Hi guys,

I have a page with two columns, on the left side I have a RadTreeView and on the right I have a list of actions for the selected node. I'm using an UpdatePanel for the tree and another for the right side; both with their update mode to conditional. I also need to be able to rearrange nodes in the tree. All this is working fine.

My question is: Is this the best way to do this? Does the RadTreeVew have something I could use that would make this better (faster, less viewstate etc)? I'm not saying it's slow or anything -- I just want to make sure I'm doing it the right / most efficient way.

Thanks.
Puzsol
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
111 views
Hello


I cant find anything in knowledge base and have hit a blank so far on this one.

I have a multi-month calendar with multi-select enabled.

By default, days at the beginning and end of the month are shown  greyed out in the month before and after the current month respectively ie. the 5th Feb 2008 (for example) is shown in Feb and also in the last row of Jan 2008 (greyed out).

Similarly, the  28th of Feb (for example) is shown in the month for Feb (as you would expect) and also in the 1st row of March (greyed out to show its part of the previous month).

When multi-select is enabled, if you select 5th Feb 2008 (for example) it gets highlighted in Feb and also the greyed out instance of the day 5th Feb in the last row of Jan also gets enabled.

What I want to do is:

1. Stop the greyed out day that is not part of the previous or next month being highlighted as well ie. if I select 5th Feb I only want its style changed in Feb - not in Jan

2. Even better - have the ability to not show the days at the start and end of the month that are not part of that month.


Cant find what properties I can override to potentially achieve this.


Many Thanks
Jon
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
138 views
Is there a way to add a command button to the right side of the existing items in the default pager in code ?

Thanks,
Dave
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
1 answer
111 views
Hi guys,

Just beginning to use your Trreview Control and I am trying to instantiate it in a web part. 

Code is :

radtreeview1 = new RadTreeView();
        radtreeview1.ID = "radtreeview1";

        RadTreeNode node = new RadTreeNode();
        node.Text = "Helo";
        node.Value = "World";
        node.ExpandMode = TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSide;

        radtreeview1.Nodes.Add(node);
        Controls.Add(radtreeview1);

However, when the web part renders I get the following Javascript error and don't know where to start to try to fix it, could you please advise:

Error: 'null' is null or not an object

When debugging it turns out that on line
_1d3.scrollTop=_1d2;

_ld3 is a null object.

Am I doing something wrong?





Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2008
2 answers
222 views
In this example http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdapplyingdefaultfilteroninitialload.html

The default filter is set using 
 RadGrid1.MasterTableView.FilterExpression = "([Country] LIKE \'%Germany%\') ";

i am trying to capture the filter expression to store it in session and use it for resetting the filter when the control comes back to the page.

The value returned by RadGrid1.MasterTableView.FilterExpression is in the format "(it[\"City\"].ToString().Contains(\"Seattle\"))"

Also the value changes on different GridFunctions.
For an equalTo the format becomes "(Convert.ToString(it[\"City\"]) = \"Seattle\")"

Does the format keep changing for different functions?

I have to set the filter back in the filter textboxes when the control returns to the grid list page from a session variable.

How can i achieve this?





newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jun 2008
2 answers
239 views
After scanning the answers to what my problem is and viewing using http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Splitter/Examples/ResizeWithWindow/DefaultCS.aspx

I am still having a problem with the splitter height.  I can set
 
<body scroll="no">
and it removes the scroll bars but the bottom of the page is hidden.  Attached is a simple drop down at the top with a splitter and 2 panes.  pane 1 contains a tree and pane 2 is a calendar just so I can see the results.  Default code behind is stock.  Usign VS2008 and Telerik Version 2008.1.145.35.

Here is the default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml11/dtd/xhtml11.dtd">   
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
    <script type="text/javascript">  
      
      function pageLoad() {  
      }  
      
    </script> 
    <style type="text/css">  
 
html, body, form    
{    
height: 100%;    
 
}    
    
 
.RadComboBox_Default  
{  
    vertical-align:bottom;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default  
{  
    font:12px arial,verdana,sans-serif;  
    color:#000;  
    text-align: left;  
}  
 
 
.RadComboBox_Default *  
{  
    margin:0;  
    padding:0;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbInputCell  
{  
    padding-left: 2px;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbInputCell  
{  
 
    height:21px;  
    line-height:20px;  
    border:1px solid #7d7d7d;  
    vertical-align:top;  
    background: #fff;  
    padding:0;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbInputCell input  
{  
    padding-left: 2px;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbInputCell input  
{  
    width:100%;  
    background:transparent;  
    border:0;  
    vertical-align:top;  
    padding:3px 0 0 0;  
    color: #373737;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default input  
{  
    font:12px arial,verdana,sans-serif;  
    color:#000;  
    text-align: left;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbArrowCellRight  
{  
    border-left-width: 0;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbArrowCell  
{  
    background:url('mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.ComboBox.rcbArrowCell.gif') no-repeat 0 0;  
    width:27px;  
    border: 1px solid #7d7d7d;  
    padding:0;  
}  
 
.RadComboBox_Default .rcbArrowCell a  
{  
    line-height:21px;  
    width:27px;  
    height:21px;  
    text-decoration:none;  
    text-indent: -9999px;  
    font-size: 0;  
}  
 
    .RadTreeView_Default  
{  
    font:11px tahoma,verdana,sans-serif;  
    color:#000;  
    line-height:1.273em;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView  
{  
    white-space:nowrap;  
    cursor: default;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView .rtUL  
{  
    zoom:1;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView .rtUL  
{  
    list-style:none;  
    margin:0;  
    padding:0;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtLines .rtLast  
{  
    background:none;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtLines .rtFirst  
{  
    background:url(mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.TreeView.FirstNodeSpan.gif) no-repeat 0 1.273em;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtLines .rtLI  
{  
    background:url(mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.TreeView.NodeSpan.gif) repeat-y 0 0;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtLines .rtLast .rtTop  
{  
    background:url(mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.TreeView.SingleLine.gif) 0 0 no-repeat;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtLines .rtTop  
{  
    background:url(mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.TreeView.TopLine.gif) 0 0 no-repeat;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtTop  
{  
    padding: 0 0 0 20px;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView .rtTop  
{  
    zoom:1;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtSp  
{  
    height:17px;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView .rtSp  
{  
    display: -moz-inline-box;  
    display: inline-block;  
    width: 1px;  
    vertical-align: middle;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtPlus  
{  
    background: transparent url(mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.TreeView.PlusMinus.gif) no-repeat 0 0;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtPlus  
{  
    margin:4px 6px 0 -18px;  
    width:11px;  
    height:11px;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView .rtPlus  
{  
    font-size:0;  
    padding:0;  
    display: -moz-inline-box;  
    display:inline-block;  
    vertical-align:top;  
    cursor: pointer;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView_Default .rtIn  
{  
    margin-left:3px;  
    padding: 2px;  
}  
 
.RadTreeView .rtIn  
{  
    vertical-align:middle;  
}  
 
    </style> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server">  
    </telerik:RadStyleSheetManager> 
    <div> 
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" Runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
    <br /> 
    <br /> 
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem1" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem2" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem3" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem4" /> 
            </Items> 
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 
    </div> 
    <div id="ParentDivElement" style="height: 100%;">   
    <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" Runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%"   
        style="z-index: 1; left: 10px; top: 141px; position: absolute; height: 421px; width: 795px">  
        <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" Runat="server"   
            style="z-index: 1; left: 1px; top: 22px; position: absolute; height: 389px; width: 234px"   
            Width="20%">  
            <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" Runat="server"   
                style="z-index: 1; left: 1px; top: 95px; position: inherit; height: 44px; width: 213px">  
                <Nodes> 
                    <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Root RadTreeNode1">  
                        <Nodes> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 1">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 2">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 3">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 4">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 5">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 6">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                            <telerik:RadTreeNode runat="server" Text="Child RadTreeNode 7">  
                            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                        </Nodes> 
                    </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
                </Nodes> 
                <CollapseAnimation Duration="100" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                <ExpandAnimation Duration="100" /> 
            </telerik:RadTreeView> 
        </telerik:RadPane> 
                <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" Runat="server"   
              
            style="z-index: 1; left: 1px; top: 22px; position: absolute; height: 1px; width: 793px"   
            CollapseMode="Forward" /> 
        <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" Runat="server"   
              
            style="z-index: 1; left: 259px; top: 41px; position: absolute; height: 361px; width: 431px"   
            Width="80%">  
            <telerik:RadCalendar ID="RadCalendar1" Runat="server"   
                font-names="Arial, Verdana, Tahoma" forecolor="Black"   
                style="border-color:#ececec">  
            </telerik:RadCalendar> 
        </telerik:RadPane> 
    </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 



Thanks for any help that can be provided.



Bruce St.Clair
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jun 2008
2 answers
335 views
How do I get the VisibleRangeStart/End from the client side? Couldn't find it in the documentation. Or if not available how to pass the current view(day/week/month) to the radwindow? I have access to the radscheduler object from OnClientAppointmentInserting/Editing event.

I need to pass these values to the radwindow for the custom advanced edit form.
This will allow for a much more efficient data load than loading all the appointments into the scheduler in the radwindow.


Thanks.
HHalim
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Jun 2008
2 answers
105 views
I've got a radcombobox in a template column in a radgrid (created progrmatically on server side and put in a place holder). The whole thing is in a radajaxpanel - the combo boxes are disabled when they load... What do I need to do to enable them?
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jun 2008
1 answer
171 views
I'm using a context menu to call an async callback using ajaxManager ...

    <telerik:RadContextMenu ID="contextMenu" runat="server" Skin="Hay" OnClientItemClicked="ItemClicked" Style="top: 164px; left: 11px"> 
        <CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
        <Items> 
            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Igual" Value="Igual" PostBack="False"> 
            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Contém" Value="Contém" PostBack="False"> 
            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
        </Items> 
    </telerik:RadContextMenu> 
 

    <script type="text/javascript"> 
    function ItemClicked(sender, args) 
    { 
    $find("ajaxManager").ajaxRequestWithTarget("bFiltro", ""); 
    } 
    </script> 

... but the clicked item is keeping selected. Removing the ajaxRequest, everything works as expected.
How can I cancel the selected the item on context menu?

[]'s,

Henrique
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?