Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
263 views
Hi,

My websites home page had multiple rad pane in there (using a Rad splitter), The page takes a long time to load, hence I want a loading panel to be displayed until all the panes have loaded.

In the Master page I have setup the Rad Ajax Manager and have the Rad Splitter and the Rad Loading panel

<

telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" > 
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">
            
<UpdatedControls>
                
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="MainSplitter"      
                    LoadingPanelID
="LoadingPanelId" />
            
</UpdatedControls>
    
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Please check  if the control Ids are correct ?

Please let me know if it is possible to achieve what I want, As the loading panel does not seem to show up on page load at all.

--Karan


 

 
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
326 views

<

HeaderStyle CssClass="tableTBar" Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>

cssclass is not been applied to the grid

Am i missing something?

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
136 views
I am facing a problem when enabling Ajax for a grid.Problem is :


System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.


Please give me the solution for this.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
125 views
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make the first row of the grid selected when the page loads for the first time.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
137 views
Hello,

I just installed RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2008 and am not to use the controls. After running the installation program on a brand new install of Windows Vista and VS Pro 2008, I launched VS and didn't see the controls. I tried to add them manually, but it said I needed the old version of ASP.NET AJAX (System.Web.Extensions 1.0.61025.0). Once I installed that I was able to add the controls to the toolbar without error but they still were not visible. I right-clicked on the toolbar and selected "show all" and sure enough, there they were at the bottom. However, they were all grayed out and I couldn't use them. So I guess I have two questions: first, why did it tell me I need to have the old version of ASP.NET AJAX installed and second, what do I need to do to start using the controls?

Thank you.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
2 answers
108 views
I have one grid that I'm editing cells (excel style), but I'm not connected to a datasource as in the examples in telerik site.

What happen is that when I change a cell value it look ok, but when I select a new row in grid, the old value returns to the last edited cell.


Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
7 answers
160 views
Hi,

I am porting from the old controls. Here we had the eqivilant event of OnClientContextMenuItemClicking  in the separate RadMenu assigned to this javascript functon:

         if (menuText == "Add Page") 
                { 
                    windowMode = 'ADDNEW'; 
                    var oWnd = radopen ("customPagesAdd.aspx?parent_id=" + pageID, "editWindow"); 
                    oWnd.SetSize (740, 400); 
                    oWnd.Center(); 
                    oWnd.SetTitle ("Add New Page") 
                  return false; 
                } 


We also have assigned OnContextMenuItemClick which points to a server side function.
Before, the return false on the client would stop the postback from occuring and the OnContextMenuItemClick from firing
(we only want it to occur when the menu text is matched to something else)

Now it fires the clientside event (good) and then does the postback for serverside fucntion (bad)

How can I stop the postback?

Thanks,

Leon.


Puzsol
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
152 views
I'm having a problem on the latest RadDock.  I have a set of DockStates, and in the Page_Init, I dynamically create the RadDock objects, add them to the RadDockLayout control, and apply their state (I've tried applying their state before adding them to the layout control). 

The controls appear, but they appear floating, unattached to their zones (they are all supposed to be docked).  Checking in the debugger, I watch as ApplyState fires on each object: every field gets set except DockZoneID and Index.

Upon checking the examples and docs, I figure it is because I need to attach to the LoadDockLayout event and modify the positions/index there.  So, I try that - attaching the event and using the DockLayoutEventArgs parameter to assign DockZoneIDs and indexes.  No effect.  The debugger shows that there aren't any items to start with in the e.Indicies or e.Positions dictionaries to beging with, and creating the items has no effect.

Bear in mind that I'm not even trying to save updated states here.  I'm trying to create a few RadDock objects in Page_Init, and apply state to them, forcing them to be docked to a particular zone as dictated by the DockState.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom Gioconda
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
92 views
Hi there,

I am trying to ensure that my sub-menu items do not exceed 400px in width before wrapping (i.e., the text should not be wider than 400px).  Is this possible?  I am using the following CSS class override:

    .RadMenu_Web20 .rmLink
    {
        width: 400px; /*this is ignored*/
        white-space: normal;
    }

The
white-space:normal attribute enables text-wrapping but the width: 400px attribute appears to have no effect; for my five top-level menu items, the sub-menu items of each of the five all have different widths, which are seemingly arbitrary.  (Within a single sub-menu, the width of all the items is constant; however, the width of one sub-menu differs from the next.)  This is happening in Firefox and IE7.

All answers gratefully received,

Ed Graham

Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
214 views
I'm using multiple Telerik Rad Controls on Godaddy most appear to work properly.  I'm having an issue with the RadMenu not displaying the dropdown menus properly.  In IE i get a popup window indicating that "Telerik" is undefined.  When i run HTTPWatch and inspect the page load i see that i get a 404 error for Telerik "WebResource.axd...."   I'm using other controls such as the RadGrid and it works just fine, no errors.

I'm looking to see if there is an known issue with GoDaddy and Shared Hosting or if this might be a configuration issue on my side.

I do use the ASP.NET users, , roles, rules, membership tables and do validation of the menus.  So, if you are an anonymous user you see one set of menus.  If login as an administrator you see additional menus.

Please let me know if there is anything i might first need to check with Shared Hosting (GoDaddy) to make this work.

Thank you!
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?