Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
132 views
Hi All,

i was just wondering how validation is supposed to work with the Panelbar.  What i have is
  • a toolbar with a Save button on it.
  • a Panelbar with numerous items with textboxes etc

What i want it to do is have it so when i click on Save in the toolbar it first checks if all the controls are validated in the Panel bar and if not focus on the first control not found.
Even better is if this validation could occur on the client side before postback.

I tried to set it up as per the example in the demo of the Toolbar using the ValidationGroups but it doesn't work as i suppose the Validators in the Panel Items aren't visible to the Toolbar.

I can explicitly fire the Validator using the demo example in the Panelbar validation section, but i don't want to post back if i can help it.

any ideas?
Jordan

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
92 views
I am using the RadWindow implementation of add/editing appointments (since I add alot of custom data for each appointment.)

Has anyone implemented recurrence with this type of solution?  If so, could you provide me with help, or any examples?  I find that it is very difficult, especially when it comes to understanding editing/deleting only 1 occurance or all occurences, etc...

Thanks!
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
7 answers
269 views
Hi,

There is 2 links appear by default when we allow for In Mode editing works in radgrid, "Add new record" and "Refresh" link. "Add new record" will locate at left hand side of the grid while "Refresh" link will locate at right hand side of the grid.

May i know is it possible to move the "Refresh" link to left hand side too?

And how to do that?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards,
Soo
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
61 views
Hi

Can i mix radcontrols asp .net + radcontrols asp .net ajax versions on the same application ?


Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
4 answers
174 views
I did get the code to create the recurrence rule for hourly and daily options. for example:

RecurrenceRule

parsedRule;
if (parsedRule != null)
{
String strType = parsedRule.Pattern.Frequency.ToString();
switch (strType)
{
case "Hourly":
{
String strInterval = parsedRule.Pattern.Interval.ToString();
txtHourly.Text = strInterval;
if (!rbHourly.Checked && !rbDaily.Checked && !rbWeekly.Checked && !rbMonthly.Checked && !rbYearly.Checked)
{
Recurrence_HidePanels();
rbHourly.Checked =
true;
pnlHourly.Visible =
true;
}
break;
}

case

"Daily":
{
String strInterval = parsedRule.Pattern.Interval.ToString();
RecurrenceDay rDays = new RecurrenceDay();
rDays = parsedRule.Pattern.DaysOfWeekMask;
if (!rbHourly.Checked && !rbDaily.Checked && !rbWeekly.Checked && !rbMonthly.Checked && !rbYearly.Checked)
{
Recurrence_HidePanels();
rbDaily.Checked =
true;
pnlDaily.Visible =
true;
if (rDays == RecurrenceDay.WeekDays)
{
rbDaily_Weekday.Checked =
true;
rbDaily_Days.Checked =
false;
}
else
{
rbDaily_Days.Checked =
true;
rbDaily_Weekday.Checked =
false;
txtDaily_Days.Text = strInterval;
}
}
break;
}
}

In the same way I want the code for 'Monthly' and 'Yearly'. Please do send me the code. Thanks

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
4 answers
191 views
Hi
I have a RadComboBox in a usercontrol which is displayed in a masterpage. With the RadComboBox my page Render size is 140KB. I am trying to do output cache for the usercontrol with radcombox. But doing so, comboxboxitems are not bounded to the RadCombobox. Items are displayed for the first time the combo box is displayed. But after that the combobox is cached and no items being displayed. Page render size decreases to 70KB if I output cache the ComboBox. As the radcombobox is on everypage i want to output cache  the combobox. Is this possible to do or I am just being stupid to output cache a combobox?
Thanks
-Yousuf
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
4 answers
289 views
Telerik Team,

I have a grid that I use to load different kinds of data. Anytime I load the grid I have a default column that is sorted. The default sorted data is sorted correctly but the sort image doesn't show up. This is and intermittent issue. Sometimes the image is there and sometimes it is not. I've tried to narrow down a pattern but its a completely random. Below is what I'm doing when I need to load the different grid information. The LoadGrid method is where I actually get the information from the database depending on what the users wants to look at. Please let me know if I am missing something or if this might be a bug.

RadGrid.MasterTableView.SortExpressions.Clear();
RadGrid.Rebind();

LoadGrid();

Greg Chung
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
170 views
How do I remove gradient and transparency from a bar chart series. thank you.
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
3 answers
177 views
Hi,
I have set the DefaultLoadingPanel for the AjaxManager but not set it on any of the ajax defined control in the poperty builder. But the loading panel does not show. If I specify it on a control then it shows. Is this a bug? What is the purpose of the Default otherwise?
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
191 views
Hi:
I want to develop an application like desktop one.
Header = menus, search textbox
Content= real application functionality
Footer=information related to the app, etc

At this moment I have the concept for developing using master pages, pages using this master page.

I need to know how I can design an app for having the next:

1 page having a rad splitter, something like one and only page app:
header with radmenus,
content, here I will load a lot of pages
footer a radrotator, etc

In the content area I will load all the pages form my app. With this schema I believe I can load just one time the menus, and all the common and constant info in the header, and in the content section load 1.aspx, 2.aspx, 3.aspx depending of the menu option selected, which must have less traffic because the menus, etc are already loaded. So in the content section I can have just the real functionality and the traffic supported by ajax must be less. So 1.aspx, 2.aspx must have just the code they need without extra code,ie menus.

Right?

How can I have this schema, and depending of the screen resolution, my radsplitter can resize automatically to fill the screen automatically for width?

Can somebody have already done something like this?

Can you share a working sample?

Thanks in advance.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?