Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
70 views
Hi all

When I drag an appointment to a different resource how can I get the original appointment resources?

I've tried this but it gives me the resources of the new appointment position.

e.Appointment.Resources.GetResourceByType(

"user").Key

i.e. if I drag an appointment from user 1 to user 2, then I need to find the ID of user 1 but it always gives me the ID of user 2

Thanks
Jon

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
90 views
The editor centers the initial text when loaded in safari..

I wrapped the control in a div align="left" tag...
i even set the content="<div align='left'></div>

the text STILL goes to the center... on safari...

Please advise..

Thanks,

jeff

http://tvsvtag.com/contact

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
173 views
Hello -- I looked through the forum to see if I could find something similar to the problem I'm experiencing, but did not.

I have implemented a Scheduler using a custom data provider. I can create appointments fine, however when I try to edit them I'm receiving the error below. Specifically, this error occurs when I double-click the appointment I wish to edit,  choose to "Edit the Series", and then click the "More" link to view the AdvancedEdit window. Editing a single occurrence of an appointment in AdvancedEdit mode works fine, whether the appointment is actually recurring or not.

Here's the error:
[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.OnFormCreating(Appointment appointment, SchedulerFormMode mode) +110
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +448
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +132
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +177
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Trevor


Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
150 views
Hi,

Since one of the trees was generating too much ViewState I decided to disable it and work around it using JavaScript. I need to be able to keep track of which nodes are selected. As soon as a node is selected I notify the server via AJAX.

Here's my problem:
1) If I use OnNodeClicked, the event fires only for the first click. It does not fire for subsequent selections (i.e. when I hold down Ctrl to select other nodes).
2) If I use OnNodeClicking and call get_selectedNodes() I only get back the old nodes and not the currently selected node. I assume because the event fires before the node is actually marked as selected.

So, how can I work around this?

Thanks,
Peter.
Peter Zolja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
166 views
Hi

I want to be able to add some asp tags into the text editor but when I save the text it encodes the greater than and less than symbols. 

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

becomes:

&lt;%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %&gt;

Is there a option to prevent this or do I need to fix the string when I save it?

Thanks
Tristan
AbsolutelyN
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
7 answers
110 views
Hello,

could somebody help me with the following problem. I have an appointment that start at 10:00 and end at 10:30 the same day. In a DayView and WeekView (http://www.ibaut.eu/Projects/MBA/WeekView.jpg) looks everything ok, but problem occure in a MonthView, where this appointment is displayed over two days (http://www.ibaut.eu/Projects/MBA/MonthView.jpg).
Thanks for any help.
scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
186 views
Hello Telerik Team,

I would like some assisstance with a section of a project I am working on, I have looked at the examples but have come up blank while trying to get it done.  Basically, I have a RadGrid, in this RadGrid one of the columns is a view picture column (Template column with an image in it), I want a tooltip which displays on the mouse over that will display a picture. 

I am not quite sure how to get a tooltip onto all the rows as we are getting the information from a database using a webservice and then using the dataset as the source for the databind.  So I need a tooltip for each row on the image in the view image column that will display the image for that item. 

Since I don't know how many items are going to be in the database I can't just add as many tooltips as I need.  Also if possible we would like to only use 1 tooltip that dynamically changes the image when the tooltip displays.  I don't know if any of this is possible but anything you can do to help would be great.

Thankyou in advance

Ian Ramsay
ASP.NET Developer
Image Red Ltd.
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
7 answers
241 views
I have a Radmenu and i am using a image and image hover for a single root item...
this menu is inside of a small sliced region...

I created a custom skin (which is actually a duplicate of default) so that i can modify the css properties...

The menu is causing the cell in the table to be taller than it actually is... and thus messing up the page... How can i stop the height of the menu from breaking this?

Please goto: http://eworldmall.net/tdemo

you can see the "Register" button is the one configured with the radmenu.

Thanks for your help!

Jeff
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
71 views
    

protected

void RadScheduler1_AppointmentInsert(object sender, SchedulerCancelEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Appointment.Resources.GetResourceByType("Property") == null)

{

string script = "<script type=\"text/javascript\">alert('Please select property');</script>";

if (!Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("ValidateProperty"))

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Page.GetType(),

"ValidateProperty", script);

e.Cancel =

true;

}

}



Hi, I write above code in appointmentInsert event of radscheduler. I want to check for resource value and if "property" resource have null value then i want cancel insert of appointment and also want to raise error message to user. For that i am registering for client script but its not raising Messagebox, it seems javascript method is not executing itself. Am i missign someting to make it work properly. I am using

RadAjaxLoadingPanel and RadAjaxManager on ASPX page.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
7 answers
235 views
I spent a good deal of searching before posting, so I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered.

I have the RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008 installed with Visual Studio 2008.  Everything is working fantastically in my website except the design time mode. Design mode does not show the loading panel image or the skins chosen for my controls. When I view the page in a browser, however the skin is correct and the Loading Panel image appears, etc. I have a feeling I am missing something very simple here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Matthew
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?