Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
85 views
How can we redirect the browser to another url from within a page that is called in a window?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
118 views

Hi, I have a datatable with four columns.
ID, integer;
Start, datetime;
End, datetime;
Subject, string;

I am loading this datatable with all the relevant values from an underlying database and then assigning this datatable as the datasource for the RadScheduler.

DataTable has data but this data is not getting displayed on the RadScheduler. On top of this, the RadScheduler doesn't respond properly to my click events. I mean, when I click on Month it doesn't change the view but just brings a different page.

I have also created four events to handle insert, update and delete. Though, they do not have any code in them, I had to put them there as per the instructions in the Telerik help documents.

Any help will be deeply appreciated for I have spent nearly all day on this control.

Thanks
Sumanth.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
136 views

Hi,

I have set the following 

GroupSettings.ExpandDirection = ExpandDirection.Left,

however my sub menu fly’s out to the right. Also my RadTreeView is in a RadPane and when the sub menu fly’s out, the other panes obscures the menu

(does this makes sense, I have captured these issues with Snagit, but I am unable to paste the image to this thread)

Thanks

Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
139 views
*edit 2* It's not so moot after all.
It has everything to do with he dock. (Should I move this topic there?)

If I remove the enableviewstate="false"  from the DockLayout, the treeview works correctly. But instead I lose my custom dockcommand functionality (adding and removing items on the fly).

Feels like I'm stuck in a catch 22...


*edit* This is a moot point, I figured it out.

I was rebinding the treeview after postback. Not sure why it interfered with an event that is executed before (right?), but it did.

In any case it had nothing to do with the dock as I first thought.



Hi,

I have a treeview inside a combobox, inside a dock. The treeview has checkboxes and no events fire when selecting the boxes.

Once you have selected all checkboxes your heart desires, you click a button which then writes the values of the boxes to a cookie.

However Tree.CheckedNodes.Count is always 0, doesn't matter which or how many checkboxes you check.

I'm using the exact same setup, a treeview within a combobox, but outside of the docks in that same project where it works fine.

I've verified that the event is fired, it's just that for some reason the checked nodes aren't checked... it seems, and I'm having a hard time figuring out why that is.

Any thoughts?

-DJ-
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
388 views
Hi,

I have a search field (a RadTextBox) and a standard .Net button in the top right of my website.  This used to be a standard .Net text box and I eventually got it behaving so that if a user had entered some text and hit return then the search would be submitted.  More importantly, if someone was on another form within the page (such as registration) and hit return on that form then it wouldn't fire of search.  It seemed to take a lot to get this to behave correctly.

However, not that I have swapped the standard .Net text box for a RadTextBox the search is always being fired even when focus is in another form (and another ValidationGroup).

Is there something I can do to disable search from firing off all the time if the cursor is not in the form?   Incidentally I use txtDummy as that was a fix for the standard .Net text input to behave(!).

Many thanks

<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlSearch" DefaultButton="cmdGo"> 
    <table class="searchControlTable"> 
        <tr> 
            <td> 
                <telerik:RadTextBox Width="140px" ID="txtSearch" ValidationGroup="Search" runat="server" 
                    TextMode="SingleLine" EmptyMessage="Artist, Venue, Town or User" AutoCompleteType="Search" > 
                </telerik:RadTextBox> 
            </td> 
            <td> 
                <asp:TextBox ID="txtDummy" runat="server" Style="visibility: hidden; display: none;" /> 
                &nbsp;<asp:ImageButton ID="cmdGo" ImageUrl="~/App_Themes/SmartTickets/images/search_16px.gif" runat="server" Text="Go" TabIndex="0" ValidationGroup="Search" 
                    UseSubmitBehavior="false" OnClick="cmdGo_Click" AlternateText="Search" ToolTip="Search" /> 
            </td> 
        </tr> 
    </table> 
</asp:Panel> 

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
72 views
I posted similar question before but did not get any answer. However as problem is now more clear to be explained, I am repeating my question as follows:

When I open the web application in Visual Studio from the local drive it opens and compiles successfully. However if I try to open it from a shared network drive then it gives error messages such as:

Unknown Server Tag: RadMenu (or RadCalendar, Rad...)

Please let me know what should I do so that I can open the application from the network drive.

Tariq




Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
93 views
I using the latest version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.  I moved all files from my solution folder (including all subfolders) to a shared drive on the server.  When I opened the solution in Visual Studio and tried to run the application it gave me the following problem:

Unknown Server Tag: RadScriptManager

How can this problem be fixed.  Are there some other files (besides the files within the solution directory) that I need also to copy to the new location?

Tariq

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
199 views
I have a RadGrid that is refreshed manually via a button click using ajax. This works nicely. However, now I would like to do the same thing but automatically every x minutes. What is the best way to implement this feature? Use the MS Ajax Timer? Use java script on the client-side? I've already got the button and grid wired up with ajax - all I need is for the button click event to fire automatically.

Thanks
Jonathan
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
77 views
I am using RegisterOnSubmitStatement (from PageLoad event) to catch form submits in Javascript. On pages using RadAjaxPanel, my Javascript is also called for every AJAX POST as well. Is there a way to tell when the Javascript is called if this is for an AJAX request or a "real" page POST back? Or, can I only register the OnSubmit script somehow to only be called for real POSTs (as opposed to each AJAX POST)?
Thanks!
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
57 views
I have a 2-level grid hierarchy set up which has an ajax manager associated with it.  Whenever I mouse over a row, it resizes to be a couple pixels bigger than it was before.  Once a row's size is increased from the mouseover, mousing over again does not increase it any more.

I tried out overriding the mouse over event with
<ClientEvents OnRowMouseOver="do_nothing" />

and this stopped the rows from resizing.  But there was a new problem.  The table was now only about half the height it should have been.

Turns out that if you override ANY clientEvent it does this behavior of solving the first problem, but generating the second...

I dont get what the problem is, I dont have any super-advanced code.  It's just a simple hierarchical grid with populated by a DetailTableDataBind.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?