Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
168 views
Hi all,
I have successfully implemented the context menu samples for the Rad Grid and Rad Menu.

Does anyone know of a way to add this functionality (context menus) to the Header items if they are displayed?  Specifically the Group By row, the Header Text row and the Filter Row.  What we want to have is a way to have a context menu in these areas.  The current implementation only allows context menus in the data rows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
137 views
Is there a possibility you can post a estimated release date for each product and service pack on your websites, as we sometimes like to give our clients a estimated date to where certain issues on you controls will be addressed.
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi Telerik Team ,
I am having button and rad grid with check boxes in master and detail tables  similar to the below link .
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Grid/Examples/Hierarchy/TwoTablesAtLevel/DefaultCS.aspx . In the button click event i am getting the checked item by using a foreach loop as shown in the below code .

protected

void btnUpdateSearch_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

foreach

(GridDataItem gridDataItem in (GridDataItemCollection)SearchUsersGrid.Items)
{
checkForNorecords =
true;
CheckBox chkSelect = gridDataItem["CheckBoxTemplateColumn"].FindControl("chkboxSelectRows") as CheckBox;
if (chkSelect.Checked)// If cheked then maintain the same in MpaList and UserStatus list.
{
gridDataItem.Selected =
true; 
}
}
}
My question is how to find the checked data items in the Details table and how to check the data items in the details table .

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Nagireddy T

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
4 answers
156 views
Hi,

When the WebBlue skin is applied to a tree view, unneeded vertical lines drop down from nodes where missing siblings might have been.

If you select the WebBlue skin on your demo site you can see the problem

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/TreeView/Examples/Appearance/Skinning/DefaultCS.aspx
martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
3 answers
124 views
I am using radeditor for storing some texts and notes. I want to store the contents in html format so that all the formating such as Bold,Italic or left aligned or bullets should be there when i reproduce the typed text in the radeditor in webpage.  I need to store the html content in database tables. 
I also need to know whether the storing html content is the right way or Is there any other way around.

Please let me know about this


Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
125 views
I was folloing redirect sample from http://localhost:8301/radcontrols_aspnetajax/Ajax/Examples/Common/Redirect/DefaultCS.aspx. The difference is the image refuses to animate. It just freeses. I am using same stuff but the effect is different. Please explain

<%

@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="PageRedirect.aspx.cs" Inherits="SampleTestProgress.Telerik.PageRedirect" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

<style type="text/css">

.BODY

{

font-size:62.5%;

line-height:1.2;

font-family:"segoe ui",arial,sans-serif;

}

</style>

</

head>

<

body class="BODY">

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">

<asp:RadioButtonList ID="RadioButtonList1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="list1_SelectedIndexChanged" >

<asp:ListItem Value="http://www.google.com/">www.google.com</asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem Value="http://www.yahoo.com/">www.yahoo.com</asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem Value="http://www.microsoft.com/">www.microsoft.com</asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem Value="http://www.slashdot.org/">www.slashdot.org</asp:ListItem>

</asp:RadioButtonList>

</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px"

Width="75px" InitialDelayTime="0">

<asp:Image ID="Image1" Style="margin-top: 50px" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px"

ImageUrl="../_assets/img/Telerik/loading1.gif" AlternateText="Loading..."></asp:Image>

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

</div>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>


----------------------------CS File ---------------------

protected void list1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Response.Redirect(RadioButtonList1.SelectedValue);

}

Regards
Vikas

Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
2 answers
175 views

I'm sure I am just missing some information here.

When a radGrid for Ajax goes into edit mode it shouldn't submit the form right?

I don't want the radGrid to refresh when it goes into edit mode.

The aspx and code behind is rather large. I'll try to cut it down to just the relevant pieces for you. The entire page is meant to mimik the behavior of the Windows File Explorer. What I'm trying to do now is put the grid into edit in place mode so the end user can edit the name of the folder or file prior to submitting to the server to do that action on the server. But like I said, when I put it into edit mode, it refreshes and returns the "empty data" template, not the edit mode template.


Here's the JavaScript code I use to put the grid into edit mode...

function onGridRowClick(sender, args) {  
    var index = args.get_itemIndexHierarchical();  
    // Put item into edit mode if clicked after selected (slow double-click)  
    if (currentSelectedGridRowIndex != null) {  
        if (index == currentSelectedGridRowIndex) {  
            var masterTable = $find("<%= RadGrid1.ClientID %>").get_masterTableView();  
            masterTable.editItem(index);  
        }  
    }  
    currentSelectedGridRowIndex = index;  
} 

Note that the currentSelectedGridRowIndex variable is global.

Anyhow, this works as I want, except then the masterTable.editItem(index); is called the form is submitted. (callback when ajax enabled) and my radGrid loses it's data.

Here's the markup for the radGrid...

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server"    
    AutoGenerateColumns="False" 
    GridLines="None" 
    Skin="Office2007" 
    Width="100%" 
    BorderWidth="0px">  
    <MasterTableView   
        clientDataKeyNames="Path,Name,Type" 
        EditMode="InPlace">  
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Name" UniqueName="Name">  
                <ItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Image ID="icon" runat="server" ImageAlign="absmiddle" ImageUrl='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Icon") %>' AlternateText="icon" BorderWidth="0" /> 
                    <asp:Label ID="name" runat="server" style="cursor:default;" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Name") %>'></asp:Label> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
                <ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" Wrap="False" /> 
                <HeaderStyle Width="300px" /> 
                <EditItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox_NewName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> 
                </EditItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Size" UniqueName="Size">  
                <ItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Label ID="size" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Size") %>'></asp:Label> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
                <ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" Width="100px" Wrap="False" /> 
                <HeaderStyle Width="100px" /> 
                <EditItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Label ID="size" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Size") %>'></asp:Label> 
                </EditItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Modified" UniqueName="Modified">  
                <ItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Label ID="modified" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Modified") %>'></asp:Label> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
                <ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" Width="230px" Wrap="False" /> 
                <HeaderStyle Width="230px" /> 
                <EditItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Label ID="modified" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Modified") %>'></asp:Label> 
                </EditItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
        </Columns> 
          
        <NoRecordsTemplate> 
            No Files or Folders.  
        </NoRecordsTemplate> 
        <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">  
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
        <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">  
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
        <EditFormSettings> 
            <PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" /> 
        </EditFormSettings> 
    </MasterTableView> 
    <ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" /> 
    <ClientSettings> 
        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" /> 
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
        <ClientEvents OnRowClick="onGridRowClick" OnRowContextMenu="onGridRowContextMenu" OnRowDblClick="onGridRowDoubleClick" OnRowSelecting="onGridRowSelecting" /> 
    </ClientSettings> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 

These are the only two server-side event handlers...

    Private Sub RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.NeedDataSource  
        If RadTreeView1.SelectedNode IsNot Nothing Then 
            LoadGrid(RadTreeView1.SelectedNode.Value)  
        Else 
            LoadGrid(selectedPath)  
        End If 
    End Sub 
 
    Private Sub RadGrid1_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemCreated  
        If TypeOf e.Item Is GridDataItem Then 
            Dim dataItem As GridDataItem = TryCast(e.Item, GridDataItem)  
            e.Item.Attributes("onmousedown") = String.Format("onGridMouseDown(event, this,{0})", dataItem.DataSetIndex)  
        End If 
    End Sub 
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
331 views
Hi all,

I have started using Rad control bar chart from last 2days. I was able to create a bar chart with x and y axis values from database datasource.

I couln't fine a way to label x and y axis. For instance i have company names on x axis and share values on y axis, i just want to label x axis as "Company Names" and Y axis as "Current Share Value". I have searched the chart wizard options but i couln't figure it out.

I have tried this for labelling x axis, but this did not work.

<

AxisLabel>

<TextBlock Text="Company Name">

</TextBlock>

<Appearance Position-AlignedPosition="Bottom">

</Appearance>

</AxisLabel>



Can anyone help me in this regard?

Thanks
Sam
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
1 answer
129 views
I've built a portal site successfully (all docks are created dynamically) after following telerik portal site sample. I also cloned Horoscopes.ascx called sampleScopes which is a little bit different from  Horoscopes.ascx.

For example,  there is a search textbox which user can do search. The dropdown list is inside of an update panel (updatepanel1) and it can be populated dynamically after search. The autopostback for the dropdownlist is turned on. 

Ideally, if user selects item from dropdown list, it should update text of a lable in another update panel (updatepanel2). But somehow, it doesn't work. The event from dropdown list doesn't fire. But if I move the sampleScopes from dock and put it into regular asp.net page, the event fires. I guess there is something to do with dock and its lifecycle.
Thanks,


Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
6 answers
261 views
I have a grid in which I add column dynamically. Actually I add 10 columns of 100 pixels each. I also set my mastertableview to 1000 pixels. My gris is 500 pixels width. Actually I see only half of my last column. I don't know why. If my calcul is good, 10 x 100 pixels equal 1000 pixels. What's wrong ?
ericc34
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?