Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
190 views
Hello all, 
I have a login page. On that page is a login window.
In the code behind (server side) i want to close the login
window and redirect the mainpage to another url.
I am using the RadAjaxManager.
When i call RadAjaxManager.Redirect("main.aspx") this
redirect is working on the window instead on the
containing page.
Mishel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
6 answers
687 views
Hi,

I have been using radgrid demo version from a while and i tried a lot of research to freeze the first column of rad grid, but i am unable to acheive it.
I will be requiring n no of columns freeze and n numbers of row freeze.

Can you please help me in the matter.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
9 answers
438 views
This is almost certainly possible, but having spent a couple of hours with the docs I cannot see easily how to do it.

I am investigating replacing another scheduler with RadScheduler.  I need to use my own data entry forms for each event rather than the built in in-place or template edit forms.

Could you point me in the direction of how to do this?  I have searched the resources but cannot find anything quite appropriate.

Ideally I would like a solution like the one that shows how to use RadWindow to edit a record from RadGrid, which I use all the time.  Something similar to this would be great, if available, otherwise some pointers on where to start.

David Penny
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
5 answers
138 views
Hi All

I have grid which also have the 

<DetailTables>

<telerik:GridTableView runat="server" DataSourceID="Source1"

DataKeyNames="a,b">

<ParentTableRelation>

<telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="a" MasterKeyField="b" />

</ParentTableRelation>

<Columns>

So on runtime when i click on the detailed table for the drill down. my grids loosing their skins. because i am using a custom skin and is working fine with all the grid on other pages.

any ideas ...

Thanks
Rick

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
3 answers
166 views
I have a panelbar on my master page.
Click of each link in the panel bar opens a grid. Some of the grids have large number of records so they take longer to load.
I want to show a loading image when the user clicks the panelbar till the time the page is loaded.

I tried putting the panlebar in an AJAXPanle and using a loadingpanel with it but that didn't work.
How can I do that?

2) Also, my grid takes the user to a deatil page.
When i click on the grid the loading image shows but when the control is transfered to the detail page, before the page is rendered there is a blank screen.
I want to show a loading image there as well till the time the page is rendered.

I hope I am making sense.
Any ideas?
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
2 answers
133 views
Hi telerik team,

I have a small problem with the grid, and I was hoping you'd be able to help me fix it.

So, I have a grid, with 1 level of grouping.
The group column type in the datasource is a Guid, which, on ItemDataBound, is translated to an actual text. My problem is that, even though I have a sorting for the items in the datasource, the sorting is lost, and the groups don't appear in the order I'd like. Do you have any ideas of how can I fix this?

Another question:
if I will decide to make more than 1 level of grouping, if I have the same schema with the text for the last level, will I have to handle the sorting myself?

Thanks a lot,
Raul
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
9 answers
174 views
Hi there

I'm just evaluating your Prometheus controls at the moment with the trial version. Have just  hooked in the Treeview in webservice mode into my project and it works a treat, very very impressed. Is there going to be a webservice mode for the grid ?

Thanks
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
103 views
I have a simple panel being updated by a RadAjaxManager when something happens in a Grid.

An extra line is being added in on the first ajax request in IE7.  That is to say if I had something like:

Some Text Here
<Panel Visible="False">
More Text Here

So of course it should render like:

SomeTextHere
MoreTextHere

Which it does initially.

After an Ajax request occurs however (that doesn't directly effect this panel) the result is:

SomeTextHere

MoreTextHere

Note the extra line of space.

This does not happen in Firefox, only IE7 (I have not tested 6).
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
99 views
Hi,

I'm playing around with various scenarios using the RadControls and was wondering how the following would be achieved:

There are three controls on a page: a button, a drop-down list, and a textbox.

Selecting a value from the drop-down list simply copies the selected value into the textbox - this works.

Next I programmatically select a value from the dropdown list via the button's click event. I was expecting this action to automatically cause the textbox to be populated with whatever value was selected in the drop-down list. However this does not work. The dropdown item changes but the textbox is not populated.

This is probably more of an ASP.NET thing, but I was wondering how this type of event chaining could be achieved using the RadAjaxManager.

Thanks.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
1 answer
101 views
Hi
I use forms authentication and I have a RadComboBox that has EnableLoadOnDemand property set true and NO ExternalCallbackPage set.

When I try to use the ComboBox, this error occurs:
"RadComboBox: load on demand callback error. Press enter for more information"

The authentication timeout is set to 90 and that time has not expired yet.

Can u help me ? :)
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?