I can't re-activate the licence of Test Studio 2017 even if a seat is available.
It was working before this month.
Any help or information is welcome.
7 Answers, 1 is accepted
I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with Test Studio license activation.
If you will be activating a license, which was active some time ago, you need to ensure the version of Test Studio, which you have corresponds to the time when the license was last active.
Based on the details listed in your account the license, which you have expired on 20. May 2017, so the last version of Test Studio, which you can activate is the R1 release of 2017. All available downloads for your subscription can be found in your Telerik account here.
Since you recently have activated a trial version of Test Studio, I guess you might have installed the latest version of the product and this is not compatible with your license. Since Test Studio has no built-in mechanism for downgrading its version, you will need to uninstall the current Test Studio version that you have used, and install any of the listed in your Telerik account download page.
I hope that this information helps. Do not hesitate to get back to me, though, in case of any further questions.
I was contacted internally from my colleague Tihomir from the Sales team and he informed me you still have troubles with activating the license for Test Studio version 2017.
Therefore I wanted to pass some further information on the case for you. I checked your account and it seems that at this moment there is no activated licenses for this email - neither the purchased 2017, nor the trial from 2020. So, can you, please, take the time to perform the below steps and let me know what is the outcome:
- Ensure the installed version is the latest supported for the purchased account you have. This version is available for download in your Telerik account here.
- In a file explorer navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Telerik\TESTSTUDIO - there should be listed some files with extension *.lic. Delete these.
- If the Test Studio 2017 version is not installed, please, do so. Then start it and pass your Telerik account login information in the Activation wizard.
- If the automatic activation is not working again, try with the manual one.
In case you still face any troubles, please, let me know what is the behavior you observe. If you can record a short video of your actions and outcome, this will help me as well.
Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
I have remove *.lic files then tried activating the licence but without success (manual activation and wizard activation).
I attach a pdf showing screenshots step by step.
Thank you for getting back to me - the screenshots you prepared were really helpful for us to understand the case.
It seems that there is something wrong with the activation and we will need some time to investigate it. I will keep you posted on our progress.
In the meantime I would like to share an option for you to still execute the tests you have in project. Although you will not be able to modify the tests until the license is activated, you can execute single tests or test lists with the Test Studio command line runner - the ArtOfTest.Runner.exe. Please, check here how you can trigger test runs with it.
The generated results - the *.aiiresult files, can be also opened by directly double click on any of these.
Please, excuse us for the caused inconvenience - we working on restoring the activation of your perpetual license.
Please allow me to step in this discussion, as my colleague Elena is out of the office today.
I wanted to jump in, because we have fixed the licensing issue on our server side and you should be able to activate your license again and work uninterrupted. Please follow the steps below and let us know if you experience any troubles.
- Log in your Telerik.com account and remove any remaining licenses that are causing troubles. That will free up the licensing slot for the upcoming steps.
- Start Test Studio and follow the activation wizard. Log in with the account that has one license assigned to it.
- Complete the automatic activation and check if everything is working as expected.
- If not, please try the manual activation and let me know what happens.
I hope that everything will work properly and you will have no troubles using the version of Test Studio that you have a license for.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
I am able to reactivate the license.
Thank you for your work.
I am happy to know that the license issue is resolved.
Thank you for your feedback and have a great week.