This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

schedule TestList

8 Answers 65 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chao
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chao asked on 19 Dec 2012, 08:18 AM

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 08:39 AM
Hello Chao,

In order to investigate the issue, please provide the scheduling log from your execution server. If it contains a lot of entries you can clear it and trigger the issue again. Then export the log to Excel or Text file and attach it to this ticket(in a zip file). This article explains where to find the log. 

If you're using your own SMTP server, please keep in mind that you need an email account that has the necessary rights to communicate directly with the SMTP server. Just any regular account will not suffice. Please recheck this with your system administrator.

You can also try to use Gmail SMTP server for email results to see how this will work for you. Here is an useful article with the settings.

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Chao
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Dec 2012, 07:08 AM
This is my recent log
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2012, 08:25 AM
Hello Chao,

Unfortunately it is not possible to reproduce this behavior locally. From your log it seems that the name of the test list, the folder that is being created and so on contain china characters, which by some reason are being rejected the smtp server you are using. The mail client we use in scheduling for sending the mail requests to the smtp server is quite basic and does not apply any specific settings, which leads us to believe that the problem comes from the smtp server configuration you are using. Can I ask you to please contact the Mail Server administrator who is responsible for your smtp server to investigate the problem and see if he can offer a workaround for your case.

Another option will be to try using a different mail server like Gmail smtp for sending the mails as Plamen pointed to you in the previous response.

Please tell us what the outcome of the investigation with your Mail Server administrator is when it is performed.

All the best,
Daniel Djambov
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Deepeka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jun 2013, 01:30 PM
Hi ,

Have schedule the tests and SMTP server settings but I am not receiving the email after execeution.
Please let what could be the issue ; even I had tried with gmail smtp settings as same shown in help doc still no email is been received.

Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2013, 02:52 PM
Hello Chao,

I have tested the functionality with our SMTP server and everything works as expected. If you are using your own SMTP server you should refer to the settings or to your email admin. 
Regarding the Gmail's smtp settings I will need to test this further and will update this ticket accordingly.

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
Free summer webinars on advanced web automation tactics hosted by Jim Holmes & Adam Goucher.
Reserve your seat today!
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2013, 12:33 PM
Hello,

I have performed some further testing with the Gmail's SMTP and it is working as expected as well, please refer to the screenshot attached. So I assume you are experiencing this issue because of security policy in your company. Please consult with your administrators and make sure the following ports are allowed: 465 or 587.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
Free summer webinars on advanced web automation tactics hosted by Jim Holmes & Adam Goucher.
Reserve your seat today!
Deepeka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2013, 12:36 PM
have already checked with ports so no security issues.

Still il give a shot again and provide you more details.

-Deepeka
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jun 2013, 02:38 PM
Hello Deepeka,

Please try working on this on your side and let me know, I have checked that everything is working as suppose to. Please also make sure you are using the correct SMTP settings.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
Reserve your seat today!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chao
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Chao
Top achievements