This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2014.1 LoadTest Data Binding...

5 Answers 105 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 09 May 2014, 10:44 PM
I have add CSV Data source and Bound it to the Test. But when I edit the user profile and select the HTTP Get request I don't see anything would allow me to change  the URL http://services2.somedomain.dev/crmwebservice/cities/1 to something like http://services2.somedomain.dev/crmwebservice/cities/$Data. The documentation covers 2012 versions. Also note I have the trial version and I hope you haven't crippled it.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2014, 08:36 AM
Hello Michael,

You are usually able to databind dynamic targets as shown in this article. Since it seems you don't have any dynamic targets detected this is expected behavior. Also as shown in the documentation which is the relevant one (valid for versions 2012 and newer, including trial versions) you usually data bind a POST request.
As soon as you have a dynamic target detected in your load test you should be able to databind the data. More about Dynamic targets you can check in this article.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2014, 06:50 PM
I can get dynamic targets to be detected when recording action on URL with a query string. Does the software not support Rest style data driven GET requests? Secondly in the attached picture not all parameters in get detected as dynamic Targets, rememberMe get's detected as a Target but not username or password why is that?
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2014, 08:24 PM
Hi Michael,

Test Studio looks for Keyword/Value pairs where it can swap out the Value. In your screen shot "edit-user-profile.png" included in your original inquiry I can see $Data in the path portion of the URL. Is this the part you want to data bind? Because this doesn't follow a Keyword/Value pattern, Test Studio is unable to data drive this part of the URL. We can data drive query string parameters that follow the Keyword=Value pattern. We can also data drive webform data that is usually included with a POST.

If this isn't the part of the request you want to data drive, can you show us what part of the request you do want to data drive?

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2014, 08:30 PM
That is correct I want the url path to be Data Driven, $Data would be a range cities id's to  be used in the load test. Static URL's will not give good perf data as caching will serve up cached copies.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2014, 09:17 PM
Hi Michael,

I am sorry a Test Studio load test cannot data bind the path portion of the URL. We could do a query string like ?city1=cleveland&city2=boston.

Regards,
Cody
Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by