- I created a data driven test case and test it independently, as a main test, bound to an Excel data source.
- In this test, the data is bound to some list box selection.
- Works perfectly and the list boxes are selected according to the data set.
- I converted this test case into a sub test to increase usability and maintainability of the test cases
- I have enabled the "InheritParentDataSource" check for the test.
- I have removed the data binding for the test.
- I have created a main test case and bound it to the same set of Excel dataset
- I execute the sub test as a test step in the main test.
- Now, the list box selected does not follow the dataset anymore.
- I checked the sub test again and couldnt see any differences.
- I "Customize Test In Code" those listbox selection steps and realize something interesting.
If the sub test is bound to the data set, when i customize the step in code, I see:
If the sub test is not bound to the data set, when i customize the step in code, I see:
Is there some other settings I need to set for the sub test to get the result I want? Or is still going to be a future enhancement? If so, what is the temporary workaround you can advice?