Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
325 views

I am using a RadAsyncUpload control on a page that allows the user to send emails with attachments.

I have in place the work around found here

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/async-upload/known-issues-and-breaking-changes.aspx

My radscriptmanager is in the master page, here's my radasyncupload declaration

<tel:RadAsyncUpload
ID="fileUpload"
runat="server"
ReadOnlyFileInputs="true"
OnClientValidationFailed="onUploadFailed"
OnClientFileUploadFailed="onUploadFailed"
OnClientFileSelected="onFileSelected"
OnClientFileUploaded="onFileUploaded"
HttpHandlerUrl="~/Handlers/RadAsyncUploadWorkAround.ashx" />

In the code behind,

I have this in my onInit

fileUpload.FileUploaded += new FileUploadedEventHandler(uploaded);
fileUpload.TemporaryFolder = systemDocumentPathRoot;
//fileUpload.TargetFolder = systemDocumentPathFull;
fileUpload.Localization.Select = GetResourceString("Browse");

and for my uploaded method

List<string> fileNames = new List<string>();
  public void uploaded(object sender, FileUploadedEventArgs args){

 string fileName = @"DocumentFolder" + args.File.FileName;
args.File.SaveAs(fileName);
fileNames.Add(fileName);

}

on my SendButton event

System.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new MailMessage("Zach.French@blackline.com", "Zach.French@Blackline.com", "test", "this is a test");
foreach(string fileName in fileNames)
      message.Attachments.Add(new Attachment(fileName));
SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient();

smtpClient.Send(message);

for a small files it works fine

but when I tried a file at about 2MB or more it fails.

the file is uploaded to the correct temporary location.

When I click the send button and do the full postback, uploaded is called and the file is saved to the correct location

When the send button event is called,  an exception is thrown on smtpClient.send(message).

the quick watch of the exception was print screened and is attached as exception.jpg

When I go to the file via the file explorer, and try to delete it I get an error message saying the file is in use (see fileinuse.jpg)

I believe the radasyncupload is still accessing the file or blocking it but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

 

Zachary French
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2010
4 answers
583 views
Hi,

I have a RadGrid  that support sorting and filtering. The RadGrid uses untyped dataset as datasourceWhen user finish sorting and filtering,we want generate a report using the same dataset (with the same sorting order and filter criterial). One way I can think of is pass the dataset to the reporting. But how can I get the sorted and filtered dataset from the RadGrid.
Another way I think of is pass the sorting field and directions and filter criteria to the reporting and then build the sql statement to retrieve the data for the reporting. And then how can I get the current sorted fields/directions and filtered filedsand values for the RadGrid?

I personally prefer passing the sorted and filtered datasource(dataset), This way I do not need to query the database again in the report. But I suspect that the datasource(dataset) won't change for the sorting and filtering. The sorting and filtering just affect the presentation layer (how the radgrid shows the data)., isn't it? Or I can pass the dataset and then pass the sorting parms and filtering parms then do the soriting and filtering on the report.

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot
-phelix
Steve LaForge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
66 views
Hi,

I using a Scheduler component in TimelineView and I group a view by resorce tipe (rooms in my case) and I wondering why the row where is no any appointment has a different hight (lowes) than a row that has some appointments ?

Maybe I doe something wrong? Can I set the height row ? I try with "RowHeight" settings but still the rows with no appointments has lower height ?!?
Laslo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
89 views
I am working on a project where i need to export the content of data grid to PDF. For that I created the label controls and from database I populating the label with HTML. The HTML is rendered properly in Datagrid and in web page. But when i tried to export it to PDF only text is getting exported. The HTML is not at all exported.
Please suggest how can i resolve it.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
218 views
Greetings,

I am trying to obtain a reference to a RadTabStrip from within a RadWindow using...
function pageLoad() {
    //get a reference to the needed controls -
    var manager = GetRadWindow().get_windowManager();
    var tabStrip = $find("<%=RadTabStrip1.ClientID %>");
}

when the page loads. This works fine when done from the main page where the RadTabStrip1 markup is located. I'm probably missing something very obvious but I have failed all morning to get the reference. When I open the RadWindow I get...

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'RadTabStrip1' does not exist in the current context.

I have tried everything I can think of, even tried hard-coding the clientID, with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.


Regards,
Tom 
Tom M
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
0 answers
65 views
 How to migrate ASP.net Application to Jboss environment.

What procedure should I will follow? Any step-by-step instructions would be
very helpful.
avinash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Aug 2010
0 answers
50 views
 How to migrate SharePoint Application into Jboss environment.
What procedure should I will follow? Any step-by-step instructions would be
very helpful.
avinash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
396 views
HI! 
Im trying to see if the tree view works for my solution.
Im doing a more advance note system that will be based on categories, which can have 0-many subcategories. 
The treeview would be perfect to organize the catgegories. Is it possible to bind the treeview to a LINQ Category class. How does the tree view store the values of where certain category should be placed in the tree?

Thanks for your answers! 
Lautaro.
Lautaro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
133 views

I have 3 level hierarchical Panel bar. How Do I access Top level radpanelItems collection and inside top level second level panel item collection.

I would like to set different font settings for Top most level and second level. I would also like to expand only Top most level panel items. How do I do this?

I don’t see down arrow in the second level even if it has chid items it only show plain text when user clicks on it , it expands and shows child item. But I think I am supposed to see down arrow on right hand side indicating that it has child items. I see this arrow only on Topmost level.

This is how I am binding the data to the panel bar

 

      With pnlbarCategory

                        .DataSource = dtCategory

                        .DataTextField = "Name"

                        .DataNavigateUrlField = ""

                        .DataFieldID = "Id"

                        .DataFieldParentID = "ParentId"

                        .DataValueField = "value"

                        .DataBind()

                 

                  End With

Simon Wolters
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
136 views
Hello,

I am using telerik example given below:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/panelbar/examples/applicationscenarios/accessingnestedcontrols/defaultcs.aspx

Here i've used required field validation in step 2 as well. And thats why  Next button on step 1 is not working. If click on the Next button in step 1 then application remains standstill. No operation happens unless and untill all the required values in the step 2 are filled up.

How to solve this issue? I saw this example once again. In step 3 there is one condition on the check box. But that is not a required field validator. Validation is checked using some Javascript.

So how to solve this issue? I want to use required field validations in each PanelItem. Also Next buttons are working in each panelItem and should not wait for to fill up data in next PaneIltem. And panels should expand and collapse normally on button click.

Thanks,
Prayag
Simon Wolters
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?