Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
77 views
I have a situation where the LIst returned for getappointmentsinrange will return duplicate items for the following:

Modified Recurrences for the first date of the recurrence series.

Example: Create a recurrence for every Monday starting on 9-13-2010 the modify the 9-13-2010 individual occurence.

WHen you do this the list returned from GetAppointmentsInRange will return two items for that specific event.

One with the recurrence rule and one with the recurrence parent id set to the former.

How can I eliminate the unneeded recurrence record? I only need the relevant record which is the one that was modified.

This does only seem to affect a mofified occurence in a recurrence set on the first scheduled occurence.

Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew N
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
125 views
Hey!

I am trying to put a RadPanelBar inside a listview. If I put it outside it works fine, but when I insert it in ListView nothing works...

I put this inside <ItemTemplate> <FieldSet> of my listview:

<telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server" ID="pnlComments" Height="300px">
                        <Items>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem Expanded="True" Text="Comments">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="Comment1">
                                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                    <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="Comment2">
                                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                        </Items>
                    </telerik:RadPanelBar>

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
177 views

I have a grid that opens a UserControl using the

<EditFormSettings UserControlName="SomeControl.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl"></EditFormSettings>

The user control contains another grid using another control for editing
<EditFormSettings UserControlName="Another.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl"></EditFormSettings>

The outer grid works like a champ, but the inner grid doesn't gets a blank line where the user control should be rendering.  I put a break point in Page_Load on the inner grid's control in Another.ascx.cs, but it never breaks.

Is there a bug or limitation with nesting grids using a UserControl.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Ogle
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
162 views
I am having a problem with tab widths and something like a feint border appearing around the tabs. I am using the RadTabStrip in a DNN moduel that I am developing to work with any DNN 5 version. I am using the 2009.3.1103.35 version of RadControls and developing the module with DNN 5.01. Everything works fine in the development environment.

I installed the module to a site using DNN 5.2.3 and all works correctly. But when I installed the module to a site using DNN 5.4.4 I ran into a problem. The attached screenshot shows how the tabs are stacking vertically and have some odd border. I am thinking this is some CSS issue, but I have not been able to figure out exactly what is causing it.

UPDATE: I did find that by changing DNN to use the ICONBAR control panel, instead of the RIBBONBAR, fixes the problem. If any can shed sone light on why this is I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
3 answers
521 views
Hello,

Is there an event for RadAsyncUpload that tells me that all the uploads are finished?
It would be nice if I could show/hide controls according to this event, or even better: initiate a postback when all the files are uploaded.

Thank You!
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
224 views
Hello,

I'm trying to change view the date columns in telerik:RadDatePicker date popup to be right-to-left.
When I wrap telerik:RadCalendar in a div with dir="rtl" it works but it doesn't work for telerik:RadDatePicker.
 
How can I acheive this behaviour?

The code that works for telerik:RadCalendar :

 

<div dir="rtl">

 

 

<telerik:RadCalendar ID="RadCalendar1" runat="server" Width="235px"

 

 

Height="144px" Skin="Web20" CultureInfo="Hebrew (Israel)"

 

 

ondayrender="RadCalendar1_DayRender" AutoPostBack="true"

 

 

onselectionchanged="RadCalendar1_SelectionChanged"

 

 

EnableMultiSelect="False" ShowOtherMonthsDays="False" ShowRowHeaders="False"

 

 

UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" onprerender="RadCalendar1_PreRender">

 

 

</telerik:RadCalendar>

 

 

</div>

 



The code that doesn't work for telerik:RadDatePicker :

 

<div dir="rtl">

 

 

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" runat="server" Width="258px"

 

 

Skin="Web20" MinDate="1900-01-01" PopupDirection="BottomRight">

 

 

<Calendar RangeMinDate="01/01/1900 00:00:00" runat="server"

 

 

ViewSelectorText="x" Skin="Web20" CultureInfo="Hebrew (Israel)" EnableMultiSelect="False" ShowOtherMonthsDays="False" ShowRowHeaders="False"

 

 

UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False"></Calendar>

 

 

<DatePopupButton ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl=""></DatePopupButton>

 

 

<DateInput DisplayDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" runat="server" Culture="Hebrew (Israel)"></DateInput>

 

 

</telerik:RadDatePicker>
</
div>


Thanks,
Shay.

 

Shay Grinstein
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
2 answers
240 views
I have setup a RadGrid and configured the EditFormType to WebUserControl, then I specified the user control that I want to use. I was wondering if there is a way to actually do the databinding inside the user control's .ascx file.

Here is what I have, that I took from an example:
<asp:TextBox ID="txtFirstName" 
                      runat="server"
                      Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.FirstName") %>' >
</asp:TextBox>

This will set my text appropriately when I click edit in the grid, but when I update it nothing is actually being bound because I haven't added any C# for it.

I want to know, if there is any way to do something like this (which I did using the FormTemplate EditFormSetting, and was able to bind the data without writing any extra code):
<asp:TextBox ID="txtFirstName" 
                      runat="server" 
                      Text='<%# Bind( "FirstName") %>'  >
</asp:TextBox>

So I can avoid writing the bind code in C# like the example I looked at.

Jamie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
5 answers
144 views
Hi telerik team

I am stuck in a weird problem, I used radlistbox in Advanced edit/insert template (Advanced Edit/Insert template) but whenever popup opens through the javascript code, radlistbox is not visible but the functionality works fine. It may be due to paint() or print() functionality of Listbox.

I used the same javascript function "function schedulerFormCreated(scheduler, eventArgs)" which you used in your example.

I also tried to reprint the listbox on dummy button's client click on advanced form but it doesn't work. Please help to sort out this problem.

Regards
Manmeet Singh
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
163 views
My Application requires a grid of checkboxes that scrolls both vertically and horizontally.   This works fine in IE, but in FIrefox, the horizontal is missing.  Here are the setting I'm using:

grdDateVsFields.ClientSettings.Scrolling.UseStaticHeaders = true;
grdDateVsFields.ClientSettings.Scrolling.AllowScroll = true;
grdDateVsFields.ClientSettings.Scrolling.SaveScrollPosition = true;
grdDateVsFields.ClientSettings.Scrolling.FrozenColumnsCount = 1;
grdDateVsFields.ClientSettings.Scrolling.ScrollBarWidth = 550;

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
1 answer
99 views
Hi,
 i am using Rad Spell in my application. when i spell checking with the Rad spell i am getting the following error as:
'Sys.ArgumentException: Cannot deserialize. The data does not correspond to valid JSON.'

but in the exception it was written as 
 Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

steps to reproduce:
1) take one textarea enter a data without any spaces i.e., i had given a word which contain around 50000 char`s(without having any spaces)  then click on spelling then you will get the above error message(if you don`t get the error then increase the no.of characters in the given word, you repeat this process until you get this error message), screen shot also i am attaching please look into it. how can i fix this issue. but that much big word won`t exist i agree.but issue is logged on it. so, i have to fix it. moreover you should not throw that kind of error messages to the end user.
so, how can we fix the above issue.

thanks,
BVSRao.

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?