Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
182 views
I am hosting a user control in a web part that is using the RadComboBox control.  When I add the control to the user control I get the following message:

Error Message:  "The base class includes the field 'cmd', but its type (Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox) is not compatible with the type of control (Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox). "

User Control aspx
<%@ Assembly Name="Mcps.OnlineCurriculum.UserControls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=608131910b746488" %>
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="UnitSelectorControl.ascx.cs"
    Inherits="Mcps.OnlineCurriculum.UserControls.UnitSelectorControl" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.2.701.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmd" runat="server" />

Any help would be great.



T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
2 answers
169 views
I am currently working with the RadUpload control and want to know how, if possible at all, to do the following:

2.) Is there a way to browse only valid file types?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.


-Jamie

EDIT- Found the code to remove the Add/Delete buttons using the ControlObjectsVisibility property.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
7 answers
142 views
Hi,

I have the same SharePoint Designer problem as in http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/sharepoint-2007/full-featured-editor/custom-list-form-radeditor.aspx - ie: Also, when viewing the List Form within SharePoint Designer, the field control does not render and gives the error:
"Failed to render "Description" column because of an error in the "Multiple lines of text" field type control. See details in log. Exception message: the RadControls folder was not found."


I was about to lodge a support ticket, but my subscription has expired. In the process of obtaining budgetary approval but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Please advise if I need to move this query to the 'RadEditor Lite' section.

I am running version 4.5.6.0.

My Enhanced Tool Bar section in ListToolsFile.xml looks like:

<tools name="EnhancedToolbar" dockable="false" enabled="true">
    <tool name="Cut" shortcut="CTRL+X" />
    <tool name="Copy" shortcut="CTRL+C" />
    <tool name="Paste" shortcut="CTRL+V" />
    <tool name="FormatStripper" />
    <tool separator="true" />
    <tool name="Undo" shortcut="CTRL+Z"/>
    <tool name="Redo" shortcut="CTRL+Y"/>
    <tool separator="true" />
    <tool name="MOSSInsertTable" />
    <tool name="MOSSInsertTableElement" dropDownWidth="180">
      <tool name="InsertRowAbove" />
      <tool name="InsertRowBelow" />
      <tool name="InsertColumnLeft" />
      <tool name="InsertColumnRight" />
    </tool>
    <tool name="MOSSDeleteTableElement">
      <tool name="DeleteRow" />
      <tool name="DeleteColumn" />
    </tool>
    <tool name="SplitCell" />
    <tool name="MergeColumns" />
    <tool separator="true" />
    <tool name="MOSSLinkManager" />
    <tool name="ImageManager" />
  </tools>

Many thanks.

Mark Fendley
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
4 answers
126 views
Good day!

I've done everything like here http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/createcustomskin.html
I've made my own skin for Menu called capmenu and I've made a Menu using this skin:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu_Administrators" runat="server" EnableRoundedCorners="true" EnableShadows="true" Skin="capmenu" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" >

but after what all of the default skins ended there work! everything look awfull =(
i've tried to add other skins (standard skins) the same way like my own skin, it works, but it's very uncomfortable and I don't know how to add all icons to Edit panel this way
=(
what can I do to make standard skins work again?

lina fetisova
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
2 answers
215 views
Is there a simple way to add an delete warning to the auto-generate delete in RadGrid?
Allan
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
2 answers
98 views
Can I request that the API documentation for each control includes an indication of each property that has the ThemeableAttribute attribute set?

Thanks.

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
5 answers
155 views
Can you please list, for both RadWinbdow and RadWindowManager, the properties that have the ThemeableAttribute attribute set as these properties aren't specifically identified in the docs.

TIA,

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
12 answers
232 views
I have a RadScheduler and a RadToolTipManager that I use to show a custom hover over the events.  Following an example I used this code to add the tooltips to the events:

    protected void rsCalendar_AppointmentCreated(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AppointmentCreatedEventArgs e)
    {
        if ((e.Appointment.Visible) && (!IsAppointmentRegisteredForTooltip(e.Appointment)))
        {
            string strId;
            if (e.Appointment.RecurrenceState != Telerik.Web.UI.RecurrenceState.Occurrence)
                strId = e.Appointment.ID.ToString();
            else
                strId = e.Appointment.RecurrenceParentID.ToString();

            foreach (string strDomElementId in e.Appointment.DomElements)
                RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(strDomElementId, strId, true);
        }
    }
    private bool IsAppointmentRegisteredForTooltip(Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment Appt)
    {
        foreach (Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipTargetControl ttControl in RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls)
            if (Appt.DomElements.Contains(ttControl.TargetControlID))
                return true;
        return false;
    }

Here is the .aspx side

    <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxUpdate="RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate"
        Width="300px" Height="80px" Text="Loading..." OnClientBeforeShow="clientBeforeShow"
        HideEvent="LeaveToolTip" Animation="None">
    </telerik:RadToolTipManager>

  The OnClientBeforeShow simply centers the tooltip.

  If I let the tooltip come up and then double click on an event it open the event and shows no error.  Likewise, if I double click quickly after I move the mouse onto the event I receive no error.  However, if I hesitate and do something in between the following error is shown:

RadToolTipManager response error:
 Exception=Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 0

  The double click is processed and the event's details are shown, but now under the error pop-up.  This only appears to be happening in Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks!
Alex Occhipinti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
4 answers
220 views
Hi,

In which cases do I need RADScriptManager on my page?
Is there any specific control which needs RADScriptManager on a page?
Shawn Krivjansky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
2 answers
119 views
Is there a performance difference between the the controls from 2.0, to 3.5 to 5? 
John Giblin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?