Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
238 views
I am trying to control the format that excel chooses for my cells when I do an ExportToExcel() of my grid.

I have a column that holds percentage values.   In the column declaration, I have the following: 

DataFormatString

 

="{0:N1}%"  FooterAggregateFormatString="{0:N1}%"

 


But although both format strings are the same, in the excel sheet that is generated, the data rows are formatted with the "Number" category, and so they have values like "0.36", while the footer is formatted with the "Percentage" category and has values like "36.4%" (which is what I want).

I have tried at least a dozen things and I can't get the data rows to display in a percentage format.   Is there any way to control the format of data rows when you use ExportToExcel?
Tab Alleman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
2 answers
191 views
Hello,

I am using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (v20091.527.20) and I am experiencing different display rendering in IE8 and IE8 Compatibility Mode.  Please see the attached screen shot.

As you can see, the columns widths are different depending on the browser mode.  I have also tried using IE7 but it renderes the same as IE8 Compatibility Mode.

Also, I have three custom filtering columns based on the GridTemplateColumn class.  The second one is set to stretch over five adjacent columns.  You can see it works fine in IE8 but gets clipped in IE8 Compatibility Mode (and also in IE7).

How can I fix this display issue?

Thanks,

Randall Price
Virginia Tech - Microsoft Implementation Group
Randall
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
4 answers
126 views
where can we find the client-side documentation for your objects? specifically for the TimePicker
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
7 answers
188 views
I have so many different UserControls and RadControls on my page that it seems to be conflicting with the RadFilter.  I am trying to open a RadWindow with the RadFilter in the Content Template.  Four problems arise for me when doing this.

1. Clicking the Add Expression button does nothing on first click, a second click does what is expected.
2. Showing an expression based on a DateTime field throws off the style. The textbox width is very small, the images do not show up, and the alternate text shows up.
3. Any skin other than Default does not show correctly.
4. When clicking Apply, I get "Microsoft JScript runtime error: '_events' is null or not an object".  When I click Continue in Visual Studio, the filter does get applied.

I think a lot of this could be solved if I were able to put the RadFilter on a seperate page.  I understand how the RadFilter interacts with the FilterContainer, in my case a RadGrid but I am hoping that there is a solution as our setup is very complicated.

We use dynamic tab loading using the RadTabStrip control.  Each tab contains a UserControl which have a myriad of RadControls including RadSplitter, RadGrid, RadToolbar, RadWindow.

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="rampDomestic" runat="server">
     <AjaxSettings>
         <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnApply">
             <UpdatedControls>
                 <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgDomestic" LoadingPanelID="ralpDomestic" />
             </UpdatedControls>
         </telerik:AjaxSetting>
         <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rfAdvanced">
             <UpdatedControls>
                 <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rfAdvanced" LoadingPanelID="ralpDomestic" />
             </UpdatedControls>
         </telerik:AjaxSetting>
     </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>
<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="ralpDomestic" runat="server"></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwmDomestic" runat="server">
     <Windows>
         <telerik:RadWindow ID="rwAdvancedFilter" runat="server" Behaviors="Move, Resize, Close" Title="Advanced Shipment Filter" Modal="true" Width="400" Height="400">
             <ContentTemplate>
                 <telerik:RadFilter ID="rfAdvanced" runat="server" FilterContainerID="rgDomestic" ShowApplyButton="false" Style="margin:10px 0 0 10px;">
                 </telerik:RadFilter>
                 <asp:Button ID="btnApply" runat="server" Text="Apply" OnClientClick="HideAdvancedFilter" /><asp:Button ID="btnCancel" runat="server" Text="Cancel" OnClientClick="HideAdvancedFilter" />
             </ContentTemplate>
         </telerik:RadWindow>
     </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>


Thanks for any help.
Seth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
4 answers
235 views
Hi..
I'm using the following code. WHen a user clicks a Save button at the bottom of the page.

 

 

string scriptstring = "radalert('Information Added!',300, 100);";

 

 

 

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "radalert", scriptstring, true);

 


How can I position the RadAlert at the top of the page? So the user can begin to enter a new record? I tired

txtLastName.Focus()

but it doesn't seem to work...

thanks
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
0 answers
103 views
If I wanted to change the default min date for RadDatePickers for our entire site, would I simply change the value in Telerik.Web.UI.xml?


<member name="P:Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker.MinDate">
            <summary>
            Gets or sets the minimal range date for selection.
            Selecting a date earlier or equal to that will not be allowed.
            </summary>
            <remarks>
            This property has a default value of <strong>1/1/1980</strong>
            </remarks>
        </member>
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
435 views
I am working on a website which is for IE only but it must run in ie 6 and up. We have a fixed header with CSS styles and in that header we have a rad menu. The only way we can get the rad menu drop down menu to display properly is by modifying the doc type from:

 

 



<!
DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

 



to

<!

 

 

DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

What is happening is the menu drop down executs but it is hidden behind the main web content container. The main web content container is compised of a rad splitter. However, when we change the doc type to 4.0 so that the site works in IE8 with compatiblity mode turned on the page layout works but many of our other pieces are broken because then need the doc type to be xhtml.

Basically we have


fixed header
     rad menu
-------------
m| main
e| content
n|
u|


The CSS I am use to accomplish this is:

 

html{ 
  
height: 100%; 
margin: 0px; 
padding: 0px; 
  
} 
  
* html html {
height: 100%; 
margin: 0px; 
padding: 0px; 
} 
  
body { 
height:100%;
MAX-HEIGHT: 100%; 
border: 0px;
padding:0px;
margin: 0px; 
padding-top:94px; 
background:#fff; 
font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif; 
font-size:76%;
overflow: hidden; 
}
  
* html body {
PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 99px;
  
}
  
#container {
width: 100%; 
height:100%;
top: 120px; 
right: 0px; 
left: 0px; 
text-align: left; 
overflow: auto; 
}
  
* HTML #contianer
{
height:100%;
}
  
#header {
position: absolute; 
height:90px; 
width:100%;
overflow: hidden; 
top: 0px; 
left: 0px;
border-bottom: #ccc 4px solid; 
  
}
  
* HTML #header 
{
overflow:visible;
HEIGHT: 90px
}


Any help you can offer would be much appreciated thanks.

 

 

 

 

 

Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
236 views
Good day!
I have such a structure of menu:

<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu_Clients" runat="server" OnItemClick="RadMenu_Clients_ItemClick">
                                    <Items>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Профиль" Value="profile" ImageUrl="App_Themes/Theme1/Image/down.png">
                                            <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down"></GroupSettings>
                                            <Items>
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Настройки аккаунта" Value="settings"  />
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Данные предприятия" Value="data"/>
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Объекты" Value="objects"/>
                                            </Items>
                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Заказы" Value="order" ImageUrl="App_Themes/Theme1/Image/down.png">
                                            <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down"></GroupSettings>
                                            <Items>
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Разместить заказ" Value="set_order"/>
                                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Информация о моих заказах" Value="order_info"/>
                                            </Items>
                                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                    </Items>
                                </telerik:RadMenu>


when I click an MenuItem I want to get all of it's child items if it's a first level item and if it's a second level item I want to det it's parent and after that - all of the parent's children items and add them to enother RadMenu.

I try to do it using Owner and Items properties.
When I try to read First_Level_Item.Items using foreach I have an error "First_Level_Item.Items collection was changed " after first step in foreach =(
what can I do to solve this problem?
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
161 views
Hello!

I have two "linked" comboboxes - Area (ddlArea) and Region (ddlRegion). When Area selection is changed, Region items need to be updated accordingly. Both comboboxes have "EnableAutomaticLoadOnDemand" set to true. I have a java-script handler assigned to OnClientSelectedIndexChanged of ddlArea combobox to avoid post back, because this is all done is a "colorbox" modal window, which needs to be reopened after each post-back.
function requestData(sender, eventArgs) {
            var ddlRegion = $find("<%=ddlRegion.ClientID %>");
            ddlRegion.requestItems(sender.get_value(), false);
        }

On the server side, in ItemsRequested handler I'm able to determine which value has been selected by processing "Text" property. of event arguments. However, with automatic LoadOnDemand feature enabled, binding needs to occur also on every post back, inside Page_Load method. But when I set a breakpoint inside Page_Load, I see that ddlArea.SelectedValue has it's old value and not the one that was just selected. ddlArea.SelectedValue becomes updated only after post-back from a button for example.

Could you please advise what's the best solution for my problem would be?
Thank you!
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
127 views

The exception is "FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime"

The issue is fixed in build 2010.1.526 and later. A workaround is to include the following script below the ScriptManager/RadScriptManager instance on the page:

<script type="text/javascript">
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.prototype._onDateHeaderClick = function (e)
{
    $telerik.cancelRawEvent(e);
      
    var date = new Date();
    // Date headers have an href in the format #yyyy-MM-dd
    var dateMatch = e.eventMapTarget.href.match(/#(\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})/);
    if (dateMatch && dateMatch.length == 2)
    {
        var parts = $telerik.$.map(dateMatch[1].split("-"), function (part) { return parseInt(part, 10); });
        date = new Date(parts[0], parts[1] - 1, parts[2]);
    }
      
    return this._switchToSelectedDay(date);
};
</script>
pucsoftware
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?