Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
387 views
Hi,

I've got a FormView (insert mode only) with an ObjectDataSource. I want to split the FormView into several "pages", controlled by a RadTabStrip (hiding panels, showing selected panel). Works perfectly! In the last panel I want to show the submit button for the FormView. The submit button should be not ajaxified doing a server postback.

How do I do a server-side postback inside an updated control?
Did I understand the concept of the RadAjaxManager right?

Thanks,
Toby

relevant code (ASPX):
<!-- form view --->
           <asp:FormView ID="QuestionnaireFormView" runat="server"  
                DataSourceID="QuestionnaireObjectDataSource" DefaultMode="Insert"
                DataKeyNames="Id">
                <InsertItemTemplate>
                <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" CssClass="questionnairepanel">
                 [...]
                </asp:Panel>
                <asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server" CssClass="questionnairepanel">
                 [...]
                </asp:Panel>
                </InsertItemTemplate>
            </asp:FormView>

<!-- submit button --->
            <div id="div_insertbutton" runat="server" class="div_buttons">
                <asp:Button ID="InsertButton" runat="server" CausesValidation="True" CommandName="Insert" AlternateText="Submit" Text=Submit" CssClass="submitbutton" />
            </div>

<!-- tab strip --->
<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStripQuestionnaire" runat="server" CssClass="rctabstrip"  
                    ontabclick="RadTabStripQuestionnaire_TabClick" AutoPostBack="True"
                    SelectedIndex="1">
                    <Tabs>
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Question 1-3"  Value="1" CssClass="rctab" SelectedCssClass="rctab_selected" Selected="True">
                        </telerik:RadTab>
                        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Question 4-8" Value="2" CssClass="rctab" SelectedCssClass="rctab_selected">
                        </telerik:RadTab>
                        [...]
                    </Tabs>
</telerik:RadTabStrip>

<!-- ajax manager --->
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStripQuestionnaire">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStripQuestionnaire" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="div_insertbutton" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel1" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel2" />
                     [...]
                 </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

relevant code (CS):
        protected void RadTabStripQuestionnaire_TabClick(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadTabStripEventArgs e)
        {
            currentpanel = e.Tab.Value;
            HideShowPanels(currentpanel);
        }

        private void HideShowPanels(string currentpanel)
        {
            [...]
            // in last panel show submit button
            div_insertbutton.Visible = true;
        }


T
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
6 answers
231 views
Hi,

Attached are the screen shots of the issues I am having. The 3.png is how the html page looks. When I load the page in editor initially its looks like in "1.png"  and when I select something it changes to "2.png". Could you please help with as why it doesn't look the final output page then I load it into the editor. I can see all my styles being loaded into the dropdown but the layout looks awkward in the editor. I am using the default Tools.xml file
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
82 views
I am aware of previous post;

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/radeditor-character-table-limit.aspx


The above thread mentions that RadEditor is not really recommended for documents over 100k for text and html.  Some work arounds included disabling undo/redo button, and filters.  To be fair this is a problem in every html based editor I've reviewed so far, perhaps to a  less extent text editors running under Chrome.  Even web based editors running under chrome eventually too, succumb to latency issues as the document size increases, and Chrome has some perceived phone home ad issues that my client would rather not deal with.

My question is, if you have documents, all much bigger than 100k, perhaps an order of magnitude greater, say 1-3 meg or so and you were hoping for a web solution what can one do?  I was groping around for perhaps a streaming/paging solution (where 100k or so at a time can be loaded), but RadEditor and the others don't seem to support this in their api's (I could be mistaken in this).  Another solution is to break documents up into 100k bits, or as it were "chapter or section" bits, not sure my customer will go for this since it greatly complicates search and replace and the like operations that need to be done across multiple sections.

Unfortunately, unless I can find a solution this problem I will have to punt on a web solution and go win64 native application, which I would rather not do. 
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
3 answers
84 views
HI

I have a full ASP .NET WEB Application.

I wan't write all code in silverlight ! Therefore, i would like to use for the beginning only  the radtree silverlight component in an aspx page, which cooparates with the rest of the asp .net page, is this possible ?

best regards
toprak
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
57 views
hi,

Im new with telerik grid. i am facing strange issue with radgird. im using grid with static header,real time resize, paging and scrolling.
When radgrid render, it put big blank area between grid header and rows. im attacing also screen shorts. stange this happen only when  i post back by telerikAjaxManager. it is working fine if not partial post back.

please help me as soon as possible. im stuck with this.

Regards,
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
5 answers
653 views
Hi,
 I am using RadAsyncUpload of version 2010:1:309:0.Multiple files are being uploaded but the target folder where the files are stored is in the app_data directory of the project.Even though I gave the TargetFolder Property to a specified directory the files are being stored in app_data only.
Can any one please let me know how to resolve this issue with AsyncUpload?

<telerik:RadAsyncUpload runat="server" ID="AsyncUpload1" Visible="false"
            OnFileUploaded="AsyncUpload1_OnFileUploaded" OnClientAdded="addTitle" MultipleFileSelection="Automatic" >
        </telerik:RadAsyncUpload>

protected void AsyncUpload1_OnFileUploaded(object sender, FileUploadedEventArgs e)
    {
      
        for (int i = 0; i < AsyncUpload1.UploadedFiles.Count; i++)
        {
            AsyncUpload1.TargetFolder = Server.MapPath("..\\..\\..\\Attachments\\");
            AsyncUpload1.TargetPhysicalFolder = Server.MapPath("..\\..\\..\\Attachments\\");
            AsyncUpload1.TemporaryFolder = Server.MapPath("..\\..\\..\\Attachments\\");

        }
    }

Thanks In Advance,
h@r!.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
3 answers
131 views
Hi,

How can I force validation of the currently selected tab on tabclick?  The RadTabStripEventArgs object contains only information on the tab that was just clicked, not the tab that was previously selected.

Thanks,

Craig
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
1 answer
165 views
We are using Telerik Dropdownllist in one of our Asp.Net application.

Issue is that when we click on the dropdownlist which is on the bottom of the page, the expanded 'tray' of that raddropdownlist seems to detached from the dropdownlist and appears to the top of the page. Dropdownlist and expanded tray are far apart.

Attached screenshots which will be more clear for you regarding the scenario.

Any idea, what's going wrong here ?

Visual Studio 2008 / .Net Framework 3.5

Finally somehow I done 'patch' fix by adding these properties for raddrownlist -

OffsetX

 

="-2" OffsetY="-657"

 


But I know it is not a permanent solution. Only the depth of difference is far reduced. Any permanent solution ?

Attachments:-
1) & 2) screenshots (Click to view it in original size)
3) Some of the relevant portion of this ASPX Page. You can see the <telerik:RadComboBox ID="uxRadComboAgent2"  there

<!-- TOP PART OF THE ASPX PAGE -->

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="MApplicationManifestData.aspx.cs"
   MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true"  Inherits="MDXIAS.Applications.MApplicationManifestData1" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

.......................


<body>
    <form id="MAppManifestDatafrm" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RdScptMgrMAppManifestData" EnablePartialRendering="true"
        AsyncPostBackTimeout="36000" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RdStyMgrMgrMAppManifestData" EnableStyleSheetCombine="true"
        runat="server">
    </telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>
    <div class="contentcontainer">
        <table style="width: 95%">
            <tr style="height: 400px;">
                <td>
                    <fieldset style="width: 100%; height: 100%">
                    <div style="overflow: auto; height: 100%; width: 99%" id="Div1" runat="server">

..........................

<tr>
                                <td colspan="7">
                                    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="uPnlAgentDetails" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
                                        <ContentTemplate>
                                            <fieldset style="height:50px; width:100%; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center;">
                                                <legend>Agent Details</legend>
                                                <table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="3" style="width: 100%;">
                                                    <tr>
                                                        <td class="datatext" style="width: 25%;">
                                                            Agent Name
                                                        </td>
                                                        <td class="datafield" colspan="3">
                                                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="uxRadComboAgent2" runat="server" Width="250px" Height="250px"
                                                                EmptyMessage="Select a Agent" EnableLoadOnDemand="true"  ShowMoreResultsBox="true"
                                                              OnItemsRequested="uxRadComboAgent2_ItemsRequested" EnableVirtualScrolling="true"  >
                                                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                                           
                                                        </td>
                                                    </tr>
                                                    <tr>
                                                        <td class="datafield TDWidth15">
                                                            <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="uxAgentCode2" Visible="false" />
                                                        </td>
                                                    </tr>
                                                </table>
                                            </fieldset>
                                        </ContentTemplate>
                                        <Triggers>
                                             <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="uxRadComboAgent2" EventName="ItemsRequested" /> 
                                     </Triggers>
                                    </asp:UpdatePanel>                                    
                                </td>
                            </tr>



Hope it is clear
Raj
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
3 answers
126 views
Hey,

I just had a question about the rotator.  I want to know if it is possible to only scroll one item at a time.  I want to display three items at a time.  But when they click the next/previous buttons it only should scroll one to the right or left.  So if the current items being displayed are:  Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 and they click the next button I would expect it to display: Item 3 Item 4 Item 5.

I read some previous posts and the only thing I could find was to use the scrollItem() client side method.  I tried using that method.  It does move the rotator 1 at a time, but it only moves it to the right.  To test this stuff, I added a third button (the other two are the ones added automatically) that called the scrollitem method.  If I clicked the scrollitem button first, it would move one forward.  Then if I click the built in previous and next buttons, they will then move one at a time.  But if I initially click the built in previous and next buttons, they move 3 at a time. 

Also, I want to set the intial index, but I want it to start in the middle of my list.  I'm writing out 11 items.  They all say Period 1 Period 2 Period 3, etc...  I want to always start in the middle of this list which would be Period 6.  But when I set the index, it does start at Period 6.  But I can't scroll back to Period 1.  Period 1-5 all get attached to the end of the rotator.  Is there a way I can make it so that the rotator starts in the middle of a list?

I can add my code if you need to see what I'm doing.
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2010
0 answers
136 views
Hi,

I have created Menu using Sitemap.

SITEMAP CODE

 <siteMapNode title="MainMenuItem">                 
                  <siteMapNode controller="subController1" action="Index" title="SubMenu1"/>
                  <siteMapNode controller="subController2" action="Index" title="SubMenu2" />
                  <siteMapNode controller="subController3" action="Index" title="SubMenu3" />
  </siteMapNode>

Telerik Code is:
 Html.Telerik().Menu().Name("MyMenu").BindTo("web").Orientation(MenuOrientation.Vertical).Render()

how can i add image to MainMenuItem or SubMenuItem of Menu

Thanks,
Lakul
Lakul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?