Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
10 answers
280 views
I would like to visually distinguish a column which has a filter applied, much like you can with a sorted column using .rgSorted in the CSS.

I would be happy if I could change the background colour of a filtered column, or even just change the background colour of the filter box.

Is there any way to achieve this?
Libby Stainer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
78 views
Hello,

I want to drag and drop node name from tree node into the opened excel/word document. How can I achieve this with RAD Control tree view?
My requirement is to open an excel/word document into web application. Web page also contains tree view. I want to drag and drop node name from tree view into office document.
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
111 views
Hey Guys,

I'm opening a RAD Window from code, is it possible to open the window in the maximized state?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
126 views
Dear Telerik,
I have a treeview with documents (ms word) bound to them.

All i need is to check the documents and send them to the printer.

Kindly help with a snippet.

thanks.
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
251 views
Hi,

I did a search on the forums and I didn't run into this question so hopefully I'm in the right area.

My client has a need for more rows to be exported into an Excel file from the RadGrid. I'm pretty sure that the limit for Excel '97-2003 is 65,536. They are using Excel 2007 on their desktop machines now, which is capable of handling many more rows. I know the RadGrid exports to '97-2003 so I know that limit would exist. Is there a hotfix for the RadGrid to be able to export to Excel 2007 or at least more than the 65,536 row limitation of Excel '97-2003?

Thanks for your time,
~Armando
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
209 views
Hi,

We are using SharePoint 2010 for our site. We have Pages and Folders inside the Site Pages library. We wanted to have a tree view control which can read Site Pages library and render and the treeview in the left navigation as per the same stucture in the Site Pages library. This tree view control should be placed in master page. Tree expand and collapse should happen thru Ajax and it should not have full page refresh.

We would like to know if there are any ready controls available for achieving this functionality. Please let me know if there is any such control or which is nearing to achieve this requirement.

Thanks
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
297 views
I have followed this sample and it seems to work fine.

It looks to me like I followed the example but my code will only export the first page of the data and not all the records in the table.

protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Argument == "exportCsv")
    {
        exportCsvActivity();
    }
    else if (e.Argument == "exportExcel")
    {
        exportExcelActivity();
    }
     
}
 
protected void exportExcelActivity()
{
    ConfigureExport();
    this.gridActivity.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();
}
 
public void ConfigureExport()
{
    this.gridActivity.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = false;
    this.gridActivity.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
    this.gridActivity.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = false;

    this.gridActivity.MasterTableView.GetColumn("chkTemplate").Visible = false;
    this.gridActivity.MasterTableView.GetColumn("messageIndex").Visible = false;

}
function RadAjaxManager1_OnRequestStart(ajaxManager, eventArgs) {
 
    if (eventArgs.EventArgument == "exportCsv" || eventArgs.EventArgument == "exportExcel") {
        eventArgs.EnableAjax = false;
    }
     
 
}
 
function exportCsv()
{
     $find("<%= this.RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("exportCsv");
}
 
function exportExcel()
{
     $find("<%= this.RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("exportExcel");
}


       
<asp:LinkButton ID="btnExportExcel" runat="Server" Text="Excel Export" CommandName="exportExcel" CommandArgument="exportExcel" CssClass="subPageLinks" OnClientClick="exportExcel(); return false;" ></asp:LinkButton>


Thanks!
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
149 views
We have a requirement , where we need to parse data from a 3 level treeview heirarchy based on the selected nodes (at any level)
For example,
We need the XML like
<LevelA>
    <Level A-1>
        <Level A-1-1> </Level A-1-1>
        <Level A-1-2></Level A-1-2>
    </Level A-1>
   <Level A-2>
        <Level A-2-1> </Level A-2-1>
        <Level A-2-2></Level A-2-2>
    </Level A-2>
 </Level A>

Here the XML should be created based on the selected nodes (checkbox in treeview). It is not the case that the user will select levelA and then go for the nested levels. The user can select data at any levels.

Let me know how can I form an XML representation in this case.




Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
91 views
Is there a way to prevent a sliding pane from collapsing when it's undocked? I'd like to be able to undock an expanded sliding pane and have it stay where it's at, however I can't find an easy way to achieve that. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
2 answers
202 views

Hi All,

I have upgraded my Telerik RAD controls version from 2009.2.701.20 to 2010.2.713.35(Trial Version) in my application.
I have used both "Telerik.Web.Design.dll" and "Telerik.Web.UI.dll" int he application.
While running the application i got the error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'constructor' is null or not an object".

Then i replaced all the scripts which were used in the previous version by new version scripts.
No my application is loading the RAD date picker properly, but when i am clicking, it throws the following error:
"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method"
and the picker is not showing...

Could anyone help me to solve this issue...

Thanx in advance!
Regards
Pravels

 

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?