Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
66 views
Hi,

I'm wonder if it possible to display all radtootipmanager controls in the same time (It is very important for my application), for example, please view the attached image. The radtooltipmnager controls must be displayed together by openeing the page or by executing a method. Of course the user can close the tooltip manually and display it when he comes over it.
The question based on the following demos: 
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/imagemaptooltipmanager/defaultcs.aspx
or
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/usingwithimagemap/defaultcs.aspx

Please, it is possible, can you explain to me how can I do that.
It is very apprecited to send me a modified code based on the above demos.

Regards,
Bader
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
3 answers
104 views
  Hi,

The RadTreeView inside RadPane doesn't look good in IE 7,8, but it's fine in FireFox.
Please see the attached file.

Please give me suggestion.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nyi Nyi

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
140 views
HI,

I have a window with content template which contains a button. The button has office2007 theme(using decorator) and the window has sunset theme.
If i specify the style at design, everything is fine. But if I try to assign the theme during run time, for the first page_load the theme does not appear for the buttons. But on later page_load it works fine.

The problem does not seem to occur if the button and the window have the same theme.

I am using the visibleOnPageLoad=true to show the window from server side.

Is there a better way to do this? My requirement is that based on different conditions, I need the appearance of the button and the window to be changed.

Regards,
Saravanan
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
197 views
looking at http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/multicolumncombo/defaultcs.aspx

in my db i have articles that are different types (e.g theory, video, documentation etc )

i want to display them in a multiple column combobox  so they are in there own columns (e.g theory, video, documentation etc )

is there an example of how to do this?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
3 answers
188 views
All,

Is there a way to localize the labels within an auto-generated edit form? I would prefer not to have to use a web control to do this if at all possible. I have managed to assign resource file values to the grid headers easily enough, but I do not want to use the same value for the grid headers and the edit form.

Thanks,
jax
Bruce Parr
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
134 views

Hello everyone.

I'm using a Window on my page that has a Rotator in it. The Rotator is bound to a LINQ data set. It worked fine,
but then I tried to put an AJAX Loading Panel to show a "loading" image while the rotator is bound and I get the following error:

The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>).

I tried using a RadCodeBlock without luck.

Here is my code:

(Main .aspx page)

<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock1" runat="server">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
        function openWin()
        {
            var oWnd = radopen("SCARLog.aspx", "RadWindow1");
        }
    //]]>
    </script>
</telerik:RadScriptBlock>

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" VisibleStatusbar="false"
ReloadOnShow="true" runat="server" Skin="Hay" EnableShadow="true">
    <Windows>
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" runat="server" Behaviors="Close" NavigateUrl="Log.aspx">
        </telerik:RadWindow>
    </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>

(.aspx window page)
<body height="100%" scroll="no" style="overflow:hidden;" scrooltop="oTop" >
<form>
<title>Detail Log</title>

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" ></telerik:RadScriptManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Panel1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" DecoratedControls="All" runat="server" Skin="Hay" />

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" HorizontalAlign="Center" Height="275px">
<telerik:RadRotator ID="Rotator" runat="server" Skin="Hay" ScrollDirection="Up"
RotatorType="AutomaticAdvance" FrameDuration="3000" Width="300px" ItemWidth="302px" Height="100px" ItemHeight="100px">
<ItemTemplate>
    <div style="text-align:center">
        <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
            <asp:Label ID="lblDate" runat="server">Date: <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"DateChanged") %></asp:Label>
        </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
    </div>
    <div style="text-align:center">
        <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server">User ID: </asp:Label>
        <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock2" runat="server">
            <asp:Label ID="lblUser" runat="server"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "UserID")%></asp:Label>
        </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
    </div>
    <div style="text-align:center">
        <asp:Label ID="Label3" runat="server">From status: </asp:Label>
        <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock3" runat="server">
            <asp:Label ID="lblFrom" runat="server"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "FromStatus")%></asp:Label>
        </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
    </div>
    <div style="text-align:center">
        <asp:Label ID="Label4" runat="server">To status: </asp:Label>
        <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock4" runat="server">
            <asp:Label ID="lblTo" runat="server"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ToStatus")%></asp:Label>
        </telerik:RadCodeBlock>
    </div>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadRotator>
</asp:Panel>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" BackgroundPosition="Center" EnableSkinTransparency="true">
    <asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/Loading.gif" ></asp:Image>
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

</form>

</body>

(.aspx.cs code)

if (!this.IsPostBack)
{
    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);
    Int32 Snum = Convert.ToInt32(Session["IDNumber"].ToString());
    using (Entity db = new Entity())
    {
        var data = from L in db.Log
        where L.IDNumber == Snum
        orderby L.DateChanged
        select new
        {
            L.DateChanged,
            L.FromStatus,
            L.ToStatus,
            L.UserID,
        };
        Rotator.DataSource = data;
        Rotator.DataBind();
    }
}

Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
184 views
I have a RadGrid that displays rows with textboxes for the user to enter qty's of an item they want to purchase.  If an item doesn't exist in the grid, I need the user to have the ability to add it to the radgrid without losing values entered into the other rows.  My question is how do I insert a row into the grid while keeping the current state of the grid?

Could I fill a datatable from RadGrid1 somehow then add a row to the datatable?
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
407 views

I have a very complex RadGrid that is bound with a list that's stored in the session.  The grid's master table consists of one row per day in a given month, so it ranges from 28 to 31 rows.  Each grid item has 8 controls varying between native ASP controls to Telerik controls.  Each grid item also has a detail table which contains 3 gridbound columns with between 5 and 8 rows a piece.  As you can imagine, it's a pretty large grid.

The issues we come across relate to speed with ajaxification.  We have the ajaxmanager set up as an AjaxSetting and one of the controls it updates is the radgrid (rgEmployees).  We have it set up this way because we have clientside script that calls the ajaxmanager using .ajaxRequest("RebindGrid") which ultimately results in the grid being rebound serverside.  Here's the declaration:

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">
 <UpdatedControls>               
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rgEmployees" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="OtherControls" />
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="OtherControls" />
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="OtherControls" />
 </UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
           
Here's where it gets hairy:  Each edit button, when clicked, calls .ajaxRequest("PopulateItem").  This takes the data from all the controls in the grid item and populates its cooresponding item in the session list on the server, after whice we use the ajax manager's ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd to invoke other javascript.  The issue is that, since the button also calls .ajaxRequest(), the entire grid goes through its harrowing update/re-rendering process when we click the button since the radgrid is an updated control of the ajax manager.

Is there a way to modify the ajaxsettings/updated controls via client script?  We would want to do this so that we could disable it for when we click the edit button since we wouldn't need to update any controls, but would want to keep it since we would need to rerender the grid after a rebind.

Conceptually, I would like to do something like this in javascript:

var UpdatedControl = AjaxManager.GetAjaxSetting("RadAjaxManager1").GetUpdatedControl("rgEmployees");

UpdatedControl.disable();
AjaxManager.ajaxRequest("PopulateItem")
UpdatedControl.enable();

I obviously just made that up, but perhaps you can see where I am going with this.

If necessary, I can create a sample app.  Due to the complexity of the grid, though, that could take some time, so I hope I explained myself good enough here.

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
7 answers
200 views
Hello,

I have searched the forums for someone who has had this issue but havent found anything. I am using some DatePicker controls in a web page but when I scroll the page, the textbox part of the control scrolls with the page but the buttons do not scroll.

Is this a known issue?

Ken

P.S. I am using Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax v2008.3.1314.35
Ken Jones
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
114 views
2010.2.809.35 VS2008

MinDate works fine, but I had DateInput-MinDate="1/1/1945" initially to allow a date prior to 1/1/1980.
However the date gets saved with 1/1/1980 when an earlier date was entered.    That doesn't sound right to me.

All I did was changing DateInput-MinDate to just MinDate in the declaration aspx and the problem disappeared.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?