Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
171 views
Telerik,

in my radGrid i got a GridTemplate Column, which contain a Label Control.
this Label Carries combination of two feilds .  ( label.text = description + extended description )
because i required combination two feild values in a single column.
The Issue is now, i can't able to filter this GridTemplate  using rad grid's filter option.

I am tring to impliment filter Template on this gridTemplate Column.
can any body help me how to impliment this filter template. OR if any body have better suggesion for filtering this column ( other than this ), please send to me.

Code used for gridTemplate Column:
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="description" HeaderText="Description" SortExpression="description"
    UniqueName="description" Display="false">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="extendedDescription" HeaderText="Ext. Description"
    SortExpression="extendedDescription" UniqueName="extendedDescription" Display="false">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="description1" HeaderText="Description">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <asp:Label ID="lblDescription" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("description")& " - " & Eval("extendedDescription") %>'></asp:Label>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <FilterTemplate>
        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RdTxtName" EmptyMessage="Search" runat="server" EmptyMessageStyle-Font-Italic="true"
            HoveredStyle-Font-Italic="true" Width="100%">
        </telerik:RadTextBox><asp:Button ID="btnFilter" runat="server" Width="20px" Text="" OnClientClick="return filterName()" />
    </FilterTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

Thanks in Advance.
kks
 
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
97 views
When I click a row to open its hierarchy, how can I let Grid close existing opened hierarchy automatically and leave only the newly opened hierarchy open?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
132 views

I have the following mapped in my Entity Data Model to my Database
Products
ProductName
CreatedDate
UpdatedDate
...

I then created a partial class, which gives an additional property to Products
public partial class Product
{
    public DateTime LatestDate
    {
       get
       {
            if(UpdateDate.HasValue)  return UpdateDate.Value;
             return CreatedDate;
        }
    }
}

I then did the following:

 

 

 

 

<asp:EntityDataSource ID="EntityDataSource1" runat="server"

 

 

 

 

ConnectionString="name=TwModelContainer"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DefaultContainerName="TwModelContainer" EnableFlattening="false"

 

 

 

 

EntitySetName="Products">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</asp:EntityDataSource>

 

 


<telerik

 

 

:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True"

 

 

 

 

AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="EntityDataSource1"

 

 

 

 

GridLines="None" onitemcreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated" AllowSorting="True">

 

<

 

 

 

MasterTableView DataSourceID="EntityDataSource1" DataKeyNames="Id">

 

<

 

 

telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="LastDate" SortOrder="Descending" />


Unfortunately, this does not work. I can easily show the created field LastDate in the Grid, but sorting won't work. It gives me the following error:
 'LastDate' is not a member of type 'TwModel.Product' in the currently loaded schemas. Near simple identifier, line 6, column 4

I guess in means that sorting works only for what is availabe in the database schema, but how would I accomplish the above with an additional calculated property, i.e. LastDate?

 

 

 

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
2 answers
122 views
The attached image is showing you the two right most header columns of a grid. 

The 'Locations' column is a GridBoundColumn, and the 'Add to my selections' is a GridTemplateColumn. All of the columns have an underline, except this last column does not have sorting enabled, so I do not want it to display the underline. I've tried overriding it, but that hasn't worked, so I've set a CssClass on the column. When I do that, this 'line' seems to come thru the column, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. 

If I remove the CssClass from the last column, the 'line' disappears, and only displays in that 'little box' on the far right (a scroll bar is underneath it).
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
198 views

Hi,

I have problems with the radtooltipmanager control and the IE browser.

Before starting explain the problem, please view the page: http://www.israel-jewelry-center.com/Pages/Categories/Rings.aspx. In the bottom of this page there is a pager.

Now, the problem is: If the user going over the first item in the first page he will see an ajax tooltip with a content (Content1), and if the user go to the second page and going over the first item in that page he will see the same content as Content1, and so on for all items (The content includes the same image as the selected one but in big size). This problem is just in IE versions. I tested it in FireFox, Google Chrome, Safari.... and there was no problem.

I think the problem due to the <telerik:RadToolTipManager  />.

It seems that RadToolTipManager cache the args when you change the page number in IE.

    protected void OnAjaxUpdate(object sender, ToolTipUpdateEventArgs args)
    {
        this.UpdateToolTip(args.Value, args.UpdatePanel);
    }
I'm not sure

 

Please, view a sample application which contains the problem:

http://www.israel-jewelry-center.com/AppDemo1/SampleApplication.rar

Please open the page: ~/Pages/Categories/Rings.aspx

Please, I need an emergency help.
It is apprecired to send me the modified code with an explaination.

regards,

Bader

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
228 views
Hi,

I have aproblem with the megration of radtooltip control on radlistview contro.
Plaese download my sample application from:  http://www.israel-jewelry-center.com/AppDemo1/RadToolTipOnRadListView.rar
and view the page ~/Page/Categories/Rings.aspx

As you can see I have a radlistview control with a pager. If you go over the items 1-21 (Page 1) then a radtootip will be displayed (contains the big size of the hovered image with descreption), and when you go the next items (Page 2) then the tootip will be displayed but with the same content as page 1. In other words, in page 2 the radtooltip control doesn't display the big size of the hovered image but it displayes the big size of the image from the previous page. Please try it.

Please, It is vey emergency so I need help,
It is appreciated to send me a modified code.

Regards,
Bader
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
3 answers
298 views
Hello

i want to have two different DragHandle images (say left and right) for range slider. is it possible.?

and other problem i am facing is if i m using two different images for Track images and these images are not the straight line
e.g.

.RadSlider_MySkin

 

.rslHorizontal .rslTrack

 

{

 

background:url('Slider/horz_slider_hover.png') no-repeat;

 

 

height:26px;

 

 

width:500px;

 

}

.RadSlider_MySkin

 

.rslHorizontal .rslSelectedregion

 

{

 

background:url('Slider/horz_slider.png') right top no-repeat;

 

 

height:26px;

 

 

width:500px;

 

}


and when i drag left side dragHandle, it seems like dragHandle is passing over the main path and that is looking proper but when i drag right side dragHandle, it is not passing over the main path rather it makes main image to move from right to left.

i am attaching Exmp_sliderImg.gif file to make my doubts (or requirements) more clear. In this image, i have specified what exactly i want.

Thanks
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
9 answers
247 views
I am having a rendering issue with RadComboBox. It is only an issue in IE.

Have a look at the attached image, the arrow dropdown has an underline that does not line up when the page loads. If you hover over and hover off the rendering fixes itself.

I am currently using the latest release of 3.5 AJAX Web controls. I am using the Outlook and Default skins.

I am not setting any custom css styles for RadCombo.

Edit: I have found that the rendering issue only occurs when you scroll the page before the page is fully loaded. Waiting for the page to fully load (IE loading progress bar is gone) then the combo loads normally.

Any idea what is causing the issue?

Cheers
Aaron
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
4 answers
111 views
Dear Support Team,

I am having problem with the vertical scroll when adding Raddockzone inside a rad panel. When I add docks dynamically the raddock zone keep expaning outstide the rad dock instead of expaning inside the rad dock.

I have attached copy of my page, your help is much appreciated:


<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm5.aspx.vb" Inherits="UserMosiacWeb.WebForm5" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title></title>
 
</head>
<body>
     <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
       <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" />
        <asp:Button runat="server" CssClass="button" ID="ButtonAddDock" Text="Add Dock" OnClick="ButtonAddDock_Click" />
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="ButtonPostback" CssClass="button" Text="Make Postback" />
        <br />
        <br />
           
          
          <telerik:RadSplitter ID="NestedSplitter" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" LiveResize="true" Orientation="Horizontal" Height="100%" Width="100%" >
          <telerik:RadPane ID="RightPane" runat="server" Height="400px" Width="100%">
    
        <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" ID="UpdatePanel1">
            <ContentTemplate>
            
                <telerik:RadDockLayout runat="server" ID="RadDockLayout1" OnSaveDockLayout="RadDockLayout1_SaveDockLayout"
                    OnLoadDockLayout="RadDockLayout1_LoadDockLayout" Skin="WebBlue">
                    
                    <telerik:RadDockZone runat="server" ID="RadDockZone1" Width="300" MinHeight="200"
                        Style="float: left; margin-right: 20px;" FitDocks="true">
                    </telerik:RadDockZone>
                  
                    <telerik:RadDockZone Width="300" MinHeight="200" runat="server" ID="RadDockZone2"
                        Style="float: left;">
                    </telerik:RadDockZone>
                </telerik:RadDockLayout>
            </ContentTemplate>
            <Triggers>
                <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ButtonAddDock" EventName="Click" />
            </Triggers>
        </asp:UpdatePanel>
      
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Sep 2010
1 answer
64 views
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?