Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
138 views
The RadDatePicker seems to be correcting day values if you put in a date that doesn't exist.

Ex: 2/29/2010 auto-corrects to 2/28/2010.

Can I turn this off like the RadNumericTextBox?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
3 answers
188 views
We have this scenario: complex pages (with 3 ContentPlaceHolders):
+ ContentPlaceHolder1: 
- Big menu (over 300 items in several RadTreeViews),
+ ContentPlaceHolder2: 
- Over 30 simple controls (RadTextBoxes, RadComboBox, RadDatePickers, etc.
- A RadGrid with edit in complex PopupForm (over 15 simple controls and one RadGrid).
+ ContentPlaceHolder3:
- ButtonBar with 10 ImageButtons

Well, with :
  1. new RadControls 2009.3.1208.35 (older version it's OK)
  2. only in IE8 (IE7, Firefox, Chrome it's OK)
  3. RadTextBox Multiline and ReadOnly="false" (if you set to SingleLine or ReadOnly="true" it's OK).

In this scenario, when you focus at RadTextBox Multiline the processor up to 50% and 1, 2, 3 or 4 second later textbox catch the focus. Therefore the page usability it's very poor.

This issue it's very rare. If you:
- use older version (for example 2009.3.1103)
- set my big menu to visible="false" or,
- use IE7, Firefox or Chrome or,
- set TextMode="SingleLine" or
- set ReadOnly="true"
- try with any other control: RadComboBox, RadDatePicker, RadTextBox SingleLine, ...
this behaviour disappears.

Thanks a lot.






Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
158 views
I am using the RadEditor control in an ASP.Net application that I am developing on my PC and it is working exactly as I expect it to. However, when I publish the project, I am getting the following error.

the RadControls folder was not found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorUtils.RadControlsDirNotFoundException: the RadControls folder was not found

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[RadControlsDirNotFoundException: the RadControls folder was not found]
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor.CheckRadControlsExistance() +148
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditorRenderer.Render() +17
   Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +126
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +163
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +51
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3614


I have searched the forums and the online documentation and I can't seem to find anything useful in helping me figure out how to troubleshoot this error. Additionally, the documentation for how to deploy the Rad Controls is either not complete or it's not working on my system. How do I go about installing the Rad Controls on my web server so that I can test the application on an environment where my client will also be able to see it?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
209 views
Using IE9 Beta, RadGrid Row Highlighting does not appear to render correctly in many instances.  I've attached a sample screenshot of the Grid / Rows / Selected Rows Style demo on the Telerik Demos under IE9 Beta. 

Note the white breaks and funny formatting.

In my specific case (where I am using my own skin), I get white vertical breaks between the columns on highlighted rows, in a fashion similar to what you see on the Windows 7 Skin.  Does the fix for this lie in the CSS?  If so, I'd like to know how to fix my custom skin.

As with my problem with RadWindow, one workaround -- from a developer's standpoint -- seems to be Compatibility Mode, but this isn't really a solution for a live site.

Thank you!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
9 answers
303 views
Hello,

I've created a wizard like pages, exactly like in the example provided.  I'm getting the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." exception and can not understand why.  
After much troubleshooting, I got it working, but not as desired.  The difference is that the WebForm.aspx that contains the RadTabStrip1 and the RadMultiPage1 only works when NOT within a master page.

I've been searching all over on how to reference, find,  or whatever needs to be done but can't seem to find a fix.
Here's where I receive an error when select the 1st "NEXT" from the 1st pageview:
 
Line 208:      {  
Line 209:         RadTabStrip tabStrip = (RadTabStrip)Page.FindControl("RadTabStrip1");  
Line 210:         RadTab tab = tabStrip.FindTabByText("Tab B");   // <-------------------------- ERROR OCCURS HERE  
Line 211:         tab.Enabled = true;  
Line 212:         tab.Selected = true;  
   
 

Once again, it works when the ASPX page is an independenf form.  When it's part of a MASTER page it does not work.

Thank you in advance,
Ronnie

Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
7 answers
301 views
It seems that the reusable content is posted statically within the Telerik control when used in place of the publishing control whereas the publishing control inserted reusable code dynamically.  Is this true or is there a configuration setting that will allow that? (I have not modified any caching settings from the default install.)

Thanks,
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
8 answers
240 views

Hi Team,

I've implemented the rad scheduler, where the data will be collect from the Db and binds to the calender.
I've done the bindings correctly, but in the month view the appointments details doesn't shown fully.
I've set the row height in the scheduler and the output looks good in the month view where in the day view it breaks.
Also i set padding to the appointment, but it overlaps.

I've pasted the aspx code below also
I've attached 2 output images.
where
1. withoutfulldetails.jpg - i didn't set row height to the scheduler, but the appointment details not shown fully.
2.withfulldetails.jpg - set row height to the scheduler, looks good in the month view, but in the day view it breaks.

my results needs to be - data must binds properly in day,week and month view fully and whenever i add more records in the DB, the row height of the calender date must be done automatically.

<telerik:RadScheduler runat=
"server" ID="RadScheduler1"Skin="Web20"           CustomAttributeNames="StartTime,EndTime,SessionDate,DisplayPermitName,EventStartDate,DisplayClientTypeVisibility,DisplayResourceVisibility,DisplayFacilityVisibility,EventEndDate,ID,DisplayPermitVisibility,DisplayFacilityName,DisplayResourceName,DisplayClientTypeName,Event_ID" SelectedDate="2010-08-10" DataStartField="EventStartDate" EnableDatePicker="true" GroupingDirection="Horizontal" MonthView-GroupingDirection="Horizontal"  
DataEndField="EventEndDate" DayStartTime="08:00:00" DayEndTime="23:00:00" ShowFullTime="true" RowHeight="60" SelectedView="DayView" DataKeyField="ID" FirstDayOfWeek="Monday" LastDayOfWeek="Friday"           DataSubjectField="DisplayPermitName" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" AllowDelete="false"AllowEdit="false" TimelineView-NumberOfSlots="4" AllowInsert="false" OnAppointmentDataBound="RadScheduler1_AppointmentDataBound">
<AdvancedForm Modal="true" />
 <AppointmentTemplate>
                      
<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lblDisplayPermitName"
 OnClick="RedirectToEventMaintenance"Style="font-weight: bold;" 
 CommandArgument='<%# Eval("Event_ID") + "~" + Eval("SessionDate") %>'
 Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayPermitVisibility")) %>'>
 <%# Eval("DisplayPermitName")%>
</asp:LinkButton><br />
                    
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="labelStartTime" Visible="true">
   <%# Eval("StartTime")%>
</asp:Label>
 
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="labelEndTime" Text="- " Visible="true">
  <%# Eval("EndTime")%>
</asp:Label><br />
 
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisplayClientTypeName" Text="ClientType Name :"
  Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayClientTypeVisibility")) %>'>
   <%# Eval("DisplayClientTypeName")%>
</asp:Label><br />
 
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisplayFacilityName" Text="Facility Type Name :"
  Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayFacilityVisibility")) %>'>
  <%# Eval("DisplayFacilityName")%>
</asp:Label><br />
 
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisplayResourceName" Text="Resource Name :" 
  Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayResourceVisibility")) %>'>
  <%# Eval("DisplayResourceName")%>
</asp:Label><br />
</AppointmentTemplate>
</telerik:RadScheduler>

Thanks,
Daniel.B
Janni
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
5 answers
477 views
I used RadAjaxLoadingPanel control.At first I run the project with a small window.The RadAjaxLoadingPanel's height and width are both 100%,and then I click the maximize the RadAjaxLoadingPanel's height and width are not 100% but a beginning size of the small window

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" UpdatePanelsRenderMode="Inline">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Panel">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>
<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel   ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Style="height: 100%;
        width: 100%;" Skin="" Transparency="30" >
        <div class="loading">
            <div style="width: 100%; height: 50%;">
            </div>
            <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/loading5.gif" AlternateText="loading" />
            <asp:Label runat="server" Text="<%$Resources:Languages,loading%>" Style="font-family: Calibri;" />
        </div>
    </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
    <fieldset style="width: 100%; height: 100%;">
        <asp:Panel ID="Panel" runat="server" Style="width: 100%; height: 100%;">
                <table style="height: 100%; width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                 </table>
        </asp:Panel>
    </fieldset>
I set the UpdatePanelsRenderMode="Inline"  and try set RadAjaxManager's height and width 100%
,but no use.Please help look at what went wrong.Thank you.
Diana
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
2 answers
405 views
Hi

In javascript how do I access custom attributes that I have added to a RadDatePicker in the code behind?

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    RadDatePicker1.ClientEvents.OnDateSelected = "LoadChildrenForDatePicker";
    RadDatePicker1.Attributes.Add("children", "someothercontrolid");
}


and the javascript:
function LoadChildrenForDatePicker(sender, e)
{
    if (e.get_oldDate() != e.get_newDate())
    {
        //doesn't work - throws error
        //var childs = sender.getAttribute("children");
        //doesn't work - returns null
        var childs = sender.get_element().getAttribute("children");
    }
}
Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
2 answers
242 views
Hi

I want to prevent a user closing the radwindow (which pops up by clicking on a row in a grid) without entering some data
I have tried onUnload and onBeforeUnload event but my telerik window runs those events after i close the window

Ex: If a click a row window pops up and then i close it and then If i try to open pop up by clicking on a different row then the onunload and onbeforeunload events are running

Do you have any idea how to prevent a user closing the window

by giving an alert or by disabling the close button on top (ofcourse we have customized close button on the page)

I have to allow user if he enters data or prevent him if doesn't enter
is there a way to do it for radwindow
anvesh amaravadi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?