We have this scenario: complex pages (with 3 ContentPlaceHolders):
- Big menu (over 300 items in several RadTreeViews),
- Over 30 simple controls (RadTextBoxes, RadComboBox, RadDatePickers, etc.
- A RadGrid with edit in complex PopupForm (over 15 simple controls and one RadGrid).
- ButtonBar with 10 ImageButtons
Well, with :
- new RadControls 2009.3.1208.35 (older version it's OK)
- only in IE8 (IE7, Firefox, Chrome it's OK)
- RadTextBox Multiline and ReadOnly="false" (if you set to SingleLine or ReadOnly="true" it's OK).
In this scenario, when you focus at RadTextBox Multiline the processor up to 50% and 1, 2, 3 or 4 second later textbox catch the focus. Therefore the page usability it's very poor.
This issue it's very rare. If you:
- use older version (for example 2009.3.1103)
- set my big menu to visible="false" or,
- use IE7, Firefox or Chrome or,
- set TextMode="SingleLine" or
- set ReadOnly="true"
- try with any other control: RadComboBox, RadDatePicker, RadTextBox SingleLine, ...
this behaviour disappears.
Thanks a lot.