Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
203 views
Hi
I have a Client-side binding like in the Telerik Samples to a WebService which returns something like

{"d":[
{"__type":"Customer",   "CustomerID":40,  "Name":"Paul"     ,"Phone":92163   ,"Child":{ "Name":"Ging"    ,"ChildID":100 }     },
{"__type":"Customer",   "CustomerID":41,  "Name":"Peter"    ,"Phone":91981   ,"Child":{ "Name":"Gong"   ,"ChildID":101 }     },
{"__type":"Customer",   "CustomerID":42,  "Name":"Phil"       ,"Phone":92139   ,"Child":{ "Name":"Ping"     ,"ChildID":102 }     },
{"__type":"Customer",   "CustomerID":43,  "Name":"Phong"   ,"Phone":92137   ,"Child":{ "Name":"Pong"    ,"ChildID":103 }     }
]}

Now I can bind the MasterTable like

radGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);
boundColumn.DataField = "CustomerID";
boundColumn.HeaderText = "CustomerID";

radGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);
boundColumn.DataField = "Name";
boundColumn.HeaderText = "Name";

radGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);
boundColumn.DataField = "Phone";
boundColumn.HeaderText = "Phone";

radGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);
boundColumn.DataField = "Child";
boundColumn.HeaderText = "Child";

But here is the problem, this shows

[object Object]

in the Child column.

But I want to bind the column to Child.Name

I tried

radGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);
boundColumn.DataField = "Child.Name";
boundColumn.HeaderText = "Child.Name";

That doesnt work.

How to do that ?

Cheers

Bernd
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
125 views
I have a page with a FormView which several RadComboBoxes. Everything works OK. If I insert a usercontrol in the formview, RadComboBox images are not show.

Using Firebug I noticed that some images point to: mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.1.415.40...
For example:
RadComboBox_Default .rcbArrowCellRight
url("mvwres://Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.1.415.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.ComboBox.rcbSprite.png")

I have remove the usercontrol and try again, everything comes back to normality (the mvwres:// urls are removed).

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
188 views
I'm using a RadGrid with GridEditCommandColumn, my datasource is a list of objects that can't be updated directly and I want to handle inserts\updates\deletes manually...my problem is when I click the GridEditCommandColumn.Update icon I get a postback but not other event fires.  How can I get updateCommand event to fire.  Also...

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.EditMode =

 

GridEditMode.InPlace;

 

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticDeletes =

 

false;

 

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticInserts =

 

false;

 

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticUpdates =

 

false;

Thanks

 

Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
150 views
Hi,
I need scroll content from a repeater, like this example: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/slider/examples/customscrollbar/defaultcs.aspx, but instead of static text in a div, bind from a datasource.
Below my code block.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

<div id="boxNews">
    <asp:ObjectDataSource runat="server" ID="odsNews" TypeName="Entities.News" SelectMethod="ListNews">
        <SelectParameters>
            <asp:Parameter Type="String" Name="pTitle" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
            <asp:Parameter Type="DateTime" Name="pDate" DefaultValue="" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" />
            <asp:Parameter Type="Int32" Name="pUnitID" DefaultValue="0" />
            <asp:Parameter Type="Int32" Name="pLimit" DefaultValue="1" />
        </SelectParameters>
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>
    <div id="textoNews" class="scroll">
        <asp:Repeater runat="server" ID="rptNews" DataSourceID="odsNews">
            <ItemTemplate>
                            <a href='Noticias/Noticias.aspx?idNoticia=<%#Eval("ID") %>'>
                                <%#string.Format("{0:dd}", Eval("Date"))%>.<%#string.Format("{0:MMM}", Eval("Date")).Substring(0, 3)%>.<%#string.Format("{0:yyyy}", Eval("Date"))%><br /><%#Eval("Title")%><br /><p id="itemNews">
                                    <span style="font-weight: normal">
                                        <%# Eval("Description").ToString().Length > 50 ? Eval("Description").ToString().Substring(0, 50) + "..." : Eval("Description").ToString()%></span></p>
                                        <br />
                        </a>
            </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:Repeater>
    </div>
</div>
<telerik:RadSlider ID="RadSlider1" runat="server" Height="222px" Length="22"
    Orientation="Vertical" Width="200px">
</telerik:RadSlider>
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
95 views
Is it possible to right-align text in a text box using RadInputManager with a NumericTextBoxSetting?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
99 views
Hi,
Standard users are experiencing malfunctioning of the RadEditor web part on our MOSS 2007 system ever since their laptops have been upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system.

The issues I am facing are:
1. font type cannot be changed to 'arial'.  The code doesn't get added.  I've been working around this by changing the font type to another type, which means the code gets written in (e.g. <font face = 'verdana') and then changing it in the html code view.
2. adding new table or image - in both cases the item always gets added to the top of the web part instead of where the coursor is located.  
3. font size cannot be changed to size '3' but other sizes are fine.  Same issue as with the font face.

Has anybody experienced similar issues?  Could it have anything to do with the desktop or IE settings?  I have IE v.8.0.7600.16385. 

Many thanks for any feedback.
jana
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
3 answers
117 views
Hi,
           i downloaded and installed fullfeatured radeditormoss.wsp 4.5.6.0. i am trying to use the radeditor in a custom aspx page, in the following way

<%@ Register TagPrefix="radE" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.5.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>
<%@ Register tagprefix="SharePoint1" namespace="Telerik.SharePoint" assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.5.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>

  <SharePoint1:MOSSRadEditor  id="rftDefaultValue" runat="server"   width="500px" Height="400px"  EnableContextMenus="False"></SharePoint1:MOSSRadEditor>


but the sharepoint designer shows the following error
Error Creating Control - rftDefaultValueCannot instantiate type 'MOSSRadEditor' because there is no public parameterless constructor.
How do i get this MOSSRadEditor control working on custom aspx page.
please help.
thank you all

Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
2 answers
289 views
Hi,
               I have used the DataTextFormatString="{0:(###) ###-####}" to format the phone number in the GridButtonColumn which is not working. Please find the solution to format the phone in the GridButtonColumn in the Grid.
Note: Im using the Classic RadGrid.

Thanks in advance....

Best Regards,
Asif
Asif
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
90 views
Does anyone have a feature or know where to find one to extend the SharePoint site with Telerik Q2 2010 controls?  I am basically looking to create custom aspx pages in SharePoint using Rad Ajax controls Q2 2010 but I am having trouble getting the Dll into the Gac and all references in the web.config correct.  This article produced the solution for Q1 2009 to include Ajax 3.5 for SharePoint 2007, but since SharePoint 2010 does not need Ajax 3.5 implemented this way, I think the code needs reworked.

SharePoint Feature to Extend SharePoint Site with AJAX 3.5 and Telerik Rad Controls
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-install-aspnet-ajax-35.html

So I'm looking for "SharePoint Feature to Extend SharePoint 2010 with Telerik Rad Controls"

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
188 views
Hi, is it possible to set the visibility property of the slider using javascript?

A server side property  Visible =false  (below), is working fine.

<
telerik:RadSlider ID="radSlPrice" runat="server" IsSelectionRangeEnabled="True" Width=170px TabStop=true 
                MaximumValue="1000000" SelectionEnd="1000000" Skin="Office2007" SlideStep="500"
Visible =false   OnClientValueChanging="OnClientValueChanging" OnClientValueChanged="OnClientValueChanged" OnClientSlideStart="OnClientSlideStart" OnClientSlideEnd="OnClientSlideEnd"   ShowDecreaseHandle=false ShowIncreaseHandle =false >
            </telerik:RadSlider>

I need to hide the slider for certain cases on my web page. Please advise.

thanks
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?