Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
227 views
I trying to clone an RadComboBox using $Telerik.cloneControle but I always get an error  if someone could paste the working code example, I'll be very grateful.
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
69 views
Hi
  I have following set up:
I am dynamically loading a user control which has radgrid in it...i also have a button above radgrid, which when clicked opens a radwindow, upon closing that radwindow, i am rebinding the radgrid which is working fine and the grid results are updated. But now the basic filters (filters on top of columns) don't work anymore. They work fine on initial page load, but now they throw error "Error: 'null' is null or not an object". I have a client side function on close of the popup which triggers ajaxrequest click of a hidden button and hidden button click's server click event does the rebind. So i guess the data is getting rebinded okay, just the filters are not working. My guess is this is happening because of dynamically loading control, but i checked the server ID and the Client side ID of the grid and they stay the same and i also have enableviewstate to true. what else can i try???

thanks in advance
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
181 views
I received word from one of our customers yesterday that our RadUpload was 'timing out.'  She is the only person having troubles uploading (that we know of).  At first, I thought it was because she was trying to upload a large file.  Then she tried it with a less than 1 MB jpeg.  Attached is a screenshot she sent me.

Does anyone know of a reason it seems to hang?

Thanks,
Kyle
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
6 answers
145 views

I got a Dundas map in my page and trying to update with RadAjaxManager. Whenever there is a postback all the controls are
loading but the map. The map is simply disappearing. This is working with normal AJAX update panel.
Please let me know how to link Dundas map with RadAjaxManager.

Thanks in advance,
Srikanth.

 

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
5 answers
346 views
I am wondering what is the easiest way to set an appointment readonly?
Some of the appointments for example, supervisor's assignment to employee, once set in the scheduler, one cannot delete and update them.  How could I achieve it?  I hope there is  a readonly property for Appointment class. 

Thanks

BTW, no one has answers to my other questions:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/scheduler-performance-concerns.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/user-based-recources.aspx
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
90 views
Hi.  I am wondering if it is possible to place appointments in a scrollable panel within the MonthView day cells/TimeSlots  and remove the "more" link.  We would like to display all of the appointments for each day in the monthview, but show a vertical scrollbar if there are more than 8 appointments for the day, so the user can view all appointments without having a "more" link.

Thanks,
Nate
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
113 views
Hi

How can I stop the "editing a recurring appointment" (see attached) screen from appearing.

Thanks

David
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
109 views
i have created a chart with 6 series with gray skin with the wizard
the renderd colors are form buttom to top:
* blue
* green
* light gray
* gray
* dark gray
* orange
When i look to the series i can't find blue and green. There are no gradients for this colors too.
I want to change the order of the colors via code. See code at the end. Wenn i make this changes in order i get the following colors:
* gray
* orange
*gray
*gray
*gray    (this should be blue)
*gray    (this should be green)
When i look tho the code, i do not wonder, because the defination is realy gray. But when i don't change the orde green and blue is renderd.
Can you give me the defination of this green and blue (gradient) color please.

thanks
thomas

 

<telerik:RadChart ID="rctElectricityMix" runat="server"

 

 

DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceChart" DefaultType="StackedBar"

 

 

Skin="Gray" Width="245px" Height="390px">

 

 

<Series>

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="SolidFuels" Type="StackedBar">

 

 

<Appearance>

 

 

<FillStyle MainColor="164, 164, 164">

 

 

</FillStyle>

 

 

<LabelAppearance Visible="False">

 

 

</LabelAppearance>

 

 

<TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="90, 90, 90">

 

 

</TextAppearance>

 

 

</Appearance>

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="Oil" Type="StackedBar">

 

 

<Appearance>

 

 

<FillStyle MainColor="108, 108, 108">

 

 

</FillStyle>

 

 

<LabelAppearance Visible="False">

 

 

</LabelAppearance>

 

 

<TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="90, 90, 90">

 

 

</TextAppearance>

 

 

</Appearance>

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="Gas" Type="StackedBar">

 

 

<Appearance>

 

 

<FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient" MainColor="79, 79, 79">

 

 

<FillSettings>

 

 

<ComplexGradient>

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="234, 234, 234" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="222, 222, 222" Position="0.5" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="197, 197, 197" Position="1" />

 

 

</ComplexGradient>

 

 

</FillSettings>

 

 

</FillStyle>

 

 

<LabelAppearance Visible="False">

 

 

</LabelAppearance>

 

 

<TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="90, 90, 90">

 

 

</TextAppearance>

 

 

<Border Color="200, 200, 200" />

 

 

</Appearance>

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="Nuclear" Type="StackedBar">

 

 

<Appearance>

 

 

<FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient">

 

 

<FillSettings>

 

 

<ComplexGradient>

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="191, 191, 191" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="165, 165, 165" Position="0.5" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="Gray" Position="1" />

 

 

</ComplexGradient>

 

 

</FillSettings>

 

 

</FillStyle>

 

 

<LabelAppearance Visible="False">

 

 

</LabelAppearance>

 

 

<TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="90, 90, 90">

 

 

</TextAppearance>

 

 

<Border Color="200, 200, 200" />

 

 

</Appearance>

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="Renewables" Type="StackedBar">

 

 

<Appearance>

 

 

<FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient">

 

 

<FillSettings>

 

 

<ComplexGradient>

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="150, 150, 150" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="117, 117, 117" Position="0.5" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="92, 92, 92" Position="1" />

 

 

</ComplexGradient>

 

 

</FillSettings>

 

 

</FillStyle>

 

 

<LabelAppearance Visible="False">

 

 

</LabelAppearance>

 

 

<TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="90, 90, 90">

 

 

</TextAppearance>

 

 

<Border Color="200, 200, 200" />

 

 

</Appearance>

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="Other" Type="StackedBar">

 

 

<Appearance>

 

 

<FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient">

 

 

<FillSettings>

 

 

<ComplexGradient>

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="245, 100, 50" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="248, 133, 92" Position="0.5" />

 

 

<telerik:GradientElement Color="252, 151, 116" Position="1" />

 

 

</ComplexGradient>

 

 

</FillSettings>

 

 

</FillStyle>

 

 

<LabelAppearance Visible="False">

 

 

</LabelAppearance>

 

 

<TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="90, 90, 90">

 

 

</TextAppearance>

 

 

<Border Color="200, 200, 200" />

 

 

</Appearance>

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

</Series>

 

 

for (int i = 0; i < 6; i++)

 

{

 

if (chart.Series[i] != null)

 

{

 

//chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add();

 

 

 

 

 

switch (i)

 

{

 

case 2: // solid fuels

 

 

 

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = System.Drawing.

Color.FromArgb(164, 164, 164);

 

 

break;

 

 

case 3: // oil

 

 

 

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = System.Drawing.

Color.FromArgb(108, 108, 108);

 

 

break;

 

 

case 4: // gas

 

 

 

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

FillType.ComplexGradient;

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.MainColor = System.Drawing.

Color.FromArgb(79, 79, 79);

 

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(234, 234, 234), 0.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(222, 222, 222), 0.5f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(197, 197, 197), 1.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

 

break;

 

 

case 5: // nuclear

 

 

 

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

FillType.ComplexGradient;

 

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(191, 191, 191), 0.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(165, 165, 165), 0.5f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromName("Gray"), 1.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

 

 

break;

 

 

case 0: // renewables

 

 

 

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

FillType.ComplexGradient;

 

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(150, 150, 150), 0.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(117, 117, 117), 0.5f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(92, 92, 92), 1.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

 

 

break;

 

 

case 1: // other

 

 

 

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

FillType.ComplexGradient;

 

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(237, 130, 3), 0.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(239, 149, 43), 0.5f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

gradient =

new GradientElement(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(241, 172, 91), 1.0f);

 

chart.Series[i].Appearance.FillStyle.FillSettings.ComplexGradient.Add(gradient);

chart.Series[i].Appearance.Border.Color = System.Drawing.

Color.FromArgb(192, 123, 41);

 

 

break;

 

}

}

}

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
201 views
Hello,
I'm using the latest RadSpell and the ControlsToCheck property.  All works fine except when I try to manually change the word in the rad spell "Not in Dictionary" text box.  The steps to produce are as follows: 1) I click Spell check, 2) I click in the "Not in Dictionary" rad text box to fix the word. 3) I fix the word manually and click change. I then get a java script error:

htmlfile: Unexpected call to method or property access.  It breaks on the following line of script code: 
if( c&&!e.get_editMod()) (var d=function() 
(e.get_textContainer().scrollTop=c.offsetTop; c.focus();


Setting the focus (c.focus();)  is where it breaks.  Running in release mode this wiil erase any text in the rad spell check text box.  In debug I get the above error.  Any insight would help.
Thanks,
Pete

P.S. I should mention that I'm not checking RadText Box controls here. Only asp text boxes. thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
142 views
Hello!

In ItemDataBound event I have:
Dim header As GridHeaderItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridHeaderItem)
       ' to set the height of the Grid Header
       header.Height = Unit.Pixel(20)
 
       ' to add an Image in the Grid Header
       Dim img As New ImageButton()
       img.ID = "imgCit"
       img.ImageUrl = "~/images/cit.png"
       header("cit_count").Controls.Add(img)
   End If

How can I now enable sorting?


Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?