Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
146 views
Document Manager Filename list not showing entire filename.

When uploading the file TELERIK_123_1235_updated.pdf (example file), the entire filename isn't listed in the filename list. The Link Text is correct, but the filename isn't. If I have similar named files (i.e. TELERIK_123_1235_updated, TELERIK_123_1236_updated), they will all show as the same filename under the Filename list in the Document Manager.

Jiro Feingold
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
4 answers
299 views
function ResetCombo(combo) {
    if (combo) {
        combo.clearItems();
        combo.set_text("");
    }
}
function LocationSelectedIndexChanged<%= ID %>(sender, eventArgs) {
    var locationCombo = $find("<%= rcbLocation.ClientID %>");
    var addressCombo = $find("<%= rcbAddress.ClientID %>");
    var contactCombo = $find("<%= rcbContact.ClientID %>");
    var contact2Combo = $find("<%= rcbContact2.ClientID %>");
    var value = locationCombo.get_value();
    ResetCombo(addressCombo);  // Items clear on on first index change
    ResetCombo(contactCombo);
    ResetCombo(contact2Combo);
   if (contactCombo) contactCombo.disable(); 
   if (contact2Combo) contact2Combo.disable(); 
    if (value == "")
    {
        if (addressCombo) addressCombo.disable(); 
    }
    else
    {
        if (addressCombo) {
        addressCombo.enable(); 
        addressCombo.requestItems("", false); // Fires only on first time index is changed
        }
    }
}

When this method is called, the text does empty, but the items do no clear.  So when the combox is opened, it will not request it's items from the server, which have changed.  When the drop down location index is changed, the first time it fires all events.  Changing it again calls the methods, but clear items does not work, and request items does not fire.

Note:  requestItems fires with "" because it is a custom implementation using context instead of the text of the combo box
Richard M
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
0 answers
76 views
Hi. Greetings.
My menu control is working correct on .aspx but as I added menu control on ascx page it is not showing color color correct.
I added image of my project here please can you advice why it is behaving like this if it is on ascx page.
thanks
khansa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
258 views
I have radscheduler control which has its server side appointment click event. In some situations I have to set whole radscheduler as read only mode. During read only mode when I click on any appintment page posts back and appointment click event is called. Appointment edit form is not opening as it is read only that is correct but it post back to server side . How to avoid it so that It cant go to execute server side appointment click event in read only mode of scheduler ? I have tried OnClientAppointmentClick event of radscheduler but there is not method to cancel server side click event from client side. What should I do ?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
5 answers
164 views
Hi, I am building a web part that will have Telerik controls within it.  I would like to have the web part contain a RadEditor.  So far I have managed to get the RadEditor to load via the web part on a web part page, but the whole RadEditor acts like it is disabled.  I can mouse over the buttons and rollover effect works, but I cannot type in the editor, nor does clicking any of the buttons appear to do anything.

Can someone assist me with this?

Thanks!
Vaughn Sunseri
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
2 answers
100 views
Hi, I'm having touble with the RadNumericTextBox control validation. I'm dynamically creating controls based on a RadComboBox option, after a couple of combo selected item changes the RadNumericTextBox javascript validation stops working. It happens to me only with IE8, it works fine on Firefox 3.6.

Here's an example:

        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server">
            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Value="0" Text="first" />
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Value="1" Text="second" />
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Value="2" Text="third" />
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadComboBox>
            <asp:Panel ID="PanelControls" runat="server">
            </asp:Panel>
        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

And on the code-behind:

    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        Dim selectedValue = CInt(RadComboBox1.SelectedValue)
        For i = 0 To selectedValue
            Dim dynControl = New RadNumericTextBox
            dynControl.ID = selectedValue & "_" & i
            PanelControls.Controls.Add(dynControl)
        Next
    End Sub

Any idea what am I doing wrong? My controls version is 2010.1.309.35.

Note: the same happens to me with the RadDatePicker control.
Santiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Sep 2010
1 answer
218 views
  • ASP.NET 4.0
  • Windows 7 x64
  • IE 8
  • ASP.NET AJAX RadListBox
  • preferred programming language C#

  • Hello,

    In my code I am attempting to keep the formatting between two RadListBoxes. To do this, I have a Javascript function that copies the innerHTML of the source item to the destination item. This function should be called once the item is transferred, however I have only observed it being called on the first transfer with only one item selected; any other time the function is not called. Why is this and how can I call the function consistently?

    Javascript functions:
    function CheckDuplicate(sender, e) {
        var source = e.get_sourceListBox();
        var dest = e.get_destinationListBox();
        var newItems = e.get_items();
        var oldItems = dest.get_items();
        if (oldItems.get_count() > 0)
            e.set_cancel(true);
        else
            return;
                 
        for (var i = 0; i < newItems.length; i++)
            for (var j = 0; j < oldItems.get_count(); j++) {
                if (newItems[i].get_value() == oldItems.getItem(j).get_value() ||
                        !newItems[i].get_isEnabled())
                    break;
                if (j == (oldItems.get_count() - 1))
                    sender.transferItem(newItems[i], source, dest);
             }
    }
     
    function Format(sender, e) {
        var dest = e.get_destinationListBox();
        var newItems = e.get_items();
        var oldItems = dest.get_items();
        for (var i = 0; i < newItems.length; i++)
            for (var j = 0; j < oldItems.get_count(); j++) {
                if (newItems[i].get_value() == oldItems.getItem(j).get_value())
                    oldItems.getItem(j).get_textElement().innerHTML =
                             newItems[i].get_textElement().innerHTML;
            }
    }

    ASPX
    <td>
    <telerik:RadListBox ID="RadListBoxGroup" runat="server" Height="200px"
          Width="300px" SelectionMode="Multiple" AllowDelete="True">
    </telerik:RadListBox>
    </td>
    <td class="frmLabel" style="vertical-align:text-top;">Employees:</td>
    <td>
    <telerik:RadListBox ID="RadListBoxEmployees" runat="server"
          DataValueField="UserName" Height="200px" Width="350px" AllowTransfer="true"
          onitemdatabound="RadListBoxEmployees_ItemDataBound"
          EnableDragAndDrop="true" TransferToID="RadListBoxGroup" 
          OnClientTransferring="CheckDuplicate" SelectionMode="Multiple"
          AllowTransferOnDoubleClick="True" TransferMode="Copy"
          OnClientTransferred="Format">
          <ButtonSettings Position="Left" />
          <ItemTemplate>
                <span id="name" runat="server" style="position:relative;float:left;">
                      <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "LastName") %>,
                      <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "FirstName") %>
                </span>
                <span id="position" runat="server"
                      style="position:relative;float:right;">
                      <%# extraHelp(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
                             "itemNo").ToString()) %>
                      [<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "itemDescAbbr") %>]
                </span>
           </ItemTemplate>
    </telerik:RadListBox>
    </td>

    Nick
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
     answered on 16 Sep 2010
    1 answer
    101 views

    Hi,

    I have a problem in my multirow radscheduler. I'm using version 2009.3.1314.1030.  When I navigate through time using the navigation arrows or scroll of the mouse, at some point the cell width increases or decreases in the rows below the first one. I attached a picture of its state after this change. Also here is the code of my scheduler;

    <TelerikScheduler:RadScheduler x:Name="Scheduler_WorkingHour"
                     ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Visible"
                     AppointmentEditing="Scheduler_WorkingHour_AppointmentEditing"
                     AppointmentAdding="Scheduler_WorkingHour_AppointmentAdding"
                     AppointmentEdited="Scheduler_WorkingHour_AppointmentEdited"
                     AppointmentDeleted="Scheduler_WorkingHour_AppointmentDeleted"
                     TelerikControls:StyleManager.Theme="{StaticResource MaintenanceThemeKey}"
                     AppointmentDeleting="Scheduler_WorkingHour_AppointmentDeleting"
                     EditAppointmentStyle="{StaticResource EditAppointmentStyle}"
                     RecurrenceChoiceDialogDefaultRecurrenceMode="Series"
                     ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled"
                     ViewMode="Timeline"
                     OpenModalDialogs="True"
                     ShowsConfirmationWindowOnDelete="False"
                     ShowsConfirmationWindowOnClose="False"
                     IsInlineEditingEnabled="False"
                     AppointmentAdded="Scheduler_WorkingHour_AppointmentAdded"
                     ActiveViewDefinitionChanged="Scheduler_WorkingHour_ActiveViewDefinitionChanged"
                     SchedulerPerformedGrouping="Scheduler_WorkingHour_SchedulerPerformedGrouping"
                     SelectedViewStartDateChanged="Scheduler_WorkingHour_SelectedViewStartDateChanged"
                     >
    </TelerikScheduler:RadScheduler>


    Is this a bug of the scheduler or am I missing something? Thank you.

    Nurullah
    Peter
    Telerik team
     answered on 16 Sep 2010
    2 answers
    82 views
    I downloaded the trial version and noticed there's no installer and no msi file. Clicking on ToolBoxInstaller.exe brings up a prompt and I have to figure out how the parameters work!

    Earlier versions used to have an installer that did everything. Now it's a bunch of folders and I have to figure things out. So now no start menu. No self installation into the toolbox. This really sucks.

    Why make it now more complicated and not user friendly!? I expect Telerik installers to get better, not worse!
    abdu bukres
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
     answered on 16 Sep 2010
    1 answer
    265 views
    Hello,
              I have RadAsyncUpload control in my aspx page. I got the following error WebResource.axd missing.

    Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScriptManager

    Then I added the following to my web.config file.

    <

     

    system.webServer>

     

    <

     

    handlers>

     

    <

     

    add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.1.309.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"

     

     

     

    name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource"/>

     

    </

     

    handlers>

     

    </

     

    system.webServer>

     

     

     

    I still get the same error after adding webresource.axd to webconfig. I restarted webserver multiple times but no use. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Bharani

    T. Tsonev
    Telerik team
     answered on 16 Sep 2010
    Narrow your results
    Selected tags
    Tags
    +? more
    Top users last month
    Jake
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    RBarnes
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Iron
    Rami
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Nathan
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Kumeri
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Top users last month
    Jake
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    RBarnes
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Iron
    Rami
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Nathan
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Kumeri
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?