Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
133 views
Hi,

My client has told me that sometimes the charts in their application are not rendering in IE6.

How I've got the charts setup:

There's a RadGrid hooked up to an EntitySpaces DataSource for data retrieval. On the DataBound event on the RadGrid, I'm looping through each row and getting the required data to then place a ChartSeriesItem in each of my two charts. There are two RadComboBoxes (as drop downs), which fire a Rebind on the RadGrid on the SelectedIndexChanged event to update the data. This works fine for me 100% of the time, and my client says that about 75% of the time it works for him. However, he said that in IE6 (their standard browser), it's quite common for the charts to not show after selecting a new value from one of the drop downs. The screen space is still reserved for where the charts would be, resulting in a large blank space, but no data is rendered. All of these controls are housed within an ASP.NET UpdatePanel for partial postbacks. I have not yet been able to replicate this issue on my environment.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what might be happening?

Cheers
Kieran
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
2 answers
99 views
I would like to display a grid differently than the normal "rows" view.  I have attached a screen capture graphic that shows (basically) two large cells across and two rows down with each of the resulting 4 cells being a different record in the results data set.  This particular screen capture displays houses for sale, but the contents could, obviously, be anything (employees, clients, catalog products, etc.).

Questions:
(1) Can the grid display record sets in this manner complete with paging capabilities?
(2) If so, is there an example or sample that can demonstrate the basics of getting it to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Lynn
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
2 answers
160 views
Hello, today I upgraded my fully functioning FileExplorer to the new version, using the installer Telerik.Web.UI_2010_2_826_Dev.msi.  First there was a build error because there is no longer a PageSize property on the FileExplorer, no big deal I just removed it.  The bigger problem I'm noticing is that my MoveFile and MoveFile methods in my custom content provider no longer work.  The values passed in as path and newpath are incorrect, and do not contain the path separator.  I am using
'\\'
as my PathSeparator, and I'm wondering if that is causing problems.  I didn't see anything in the documentation about these changes with the upgrade.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and these problems still exist.  Did I use the wrong installer or am I doing something else wrong here?
Aaron C
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
2 answers
88 views
Hi,
  I'm trying to bind the data in my RadScheduler using the Data Source Property.  I'm following the instructions in the Help file and have hit a stone wall.  According to the help file, this way of binding allows you to "bind the scheduler directly to a DataTable or DataView (IListSource), or to various List objects (IEnumerable)".  In the demo it states "RadScheduler can also be bound to both generic and non-generic collections. This allows you to directly use your business objects as a data source."
  Here is my problem, the properties of my business objects reflect the fields of the records in the database. The properties in the Help file do not reflect the fields of the records in the database.  In the AppointmentInfo Class of the example, there is the following property:

public RecurrenceState RecurrenceState
{
    get { return recurState; }
    set { recurState = value; }

This is not a field in the example Database structure.

I cannot add fields to my business objects because they are derived directly from the database and are integrated into a framework (Mere Mortals.NET) managing many aspects of the data-to-database functions.  Therefore, I cannot create a generic collection of type <MyBusinessObject> and bind the scheduler to it.
Also, I do not understand how you would use the Data Property to bind the RadScheduler to a DataTable or DataSet.  Wouldn't you run into the same problem with the RecurrenceState property shown above?

At the moment, I have the RadScheduler bound to the Generic List and it is returning the appointments, however, I am trying to emulate the following code using my business objects and have no way of reconciling the RecurrenceState property passed in via the Appointment object (source) and my business object:

public void CopyInfo(Appointment source)
    {
        subject = source.Subject;
        start = source.Start;
        end = source.End;
 ------>recurState = source.RecurrenceState; <------------Here
        recurData = source.RecurrenceRule;
        if (source.RecurrenceParentID != null)
           recurParentID = source.RecurrenceParentID.ToString();
        Resource r = source.Resources.GetResourceByType("Room");
        if (r != null)
            room = (int) r.Key;

Any elucidation would be great.

Thanks for all your help,

Don

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
4 answers
243 views
I have two Calendar Controls on a page for Start and End Dates for a scheduling app.  In the page load I am setting the dates that are saved in the database as such:

radcalStartDate.SelectedDate = oSurvey.StartDate;

radcalEndDate.SelectedDate = oSurvey.EndDate;


The dates get selected fine, however, if the dates are in future months there is an issue.

for example the Start Date is June 15, the End Date is June 30...  the dates themselves are selected but when the page renders the calendar controls are still focused on the current month of May.  I have to go forward a month in order to see the selected dates.  How can I get the controls to focus on the month where the day is selected?

Espen Fosshaug
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
4 answers
172 views
Hi,

I have a RadTreeView that is populated with data using linq;
---
var sobjects = from so in context.Source
                           select new { so.ID, so.Name, so.Parent_ID, StatusID=so.Status_1.ID };

            SourceRadTreeView.DataSource = sobjects;
---
I then want to extract the StatusID value in the NodeDataBound event for each node.
e.Node.ToolTip = (e.Node.DataItem as DataRow)["StatusID"].ToString();
(as according to documentation)
But then I get;
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Solution?
/Erik Lidman
Erik Lidman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
2 answers
226 views
Hello,

Telerik ASP.NET AJAX v2009.01.0527.20

I have a RadGrid that displays differently based on IE's brower mode.  Looks fine in IE-8 but not in IE-8 Compatability Mode (which I believe renders the same as IE-7).  the first screenshot shows IE-8 looking good.  The second screenshot shows IE-9 Compatability Mode adding filler space to the end of the grid.

My grid is set to Height="100%" and Width="100%" and resides in a RadSplitter pane.  It resized to fill the browser's available space.  The grid has several GridBoundColumn and custom columns (based on GridTemplateColumm), and each column has a defined width (in pixels) in the HeaderStyle (i.e., <HeaderStyle Width="##px" />).

IE-8 seems to add additional spacing to each column as it renders the grid to the 100% width of the defined area.  IE-8 Compatability Mode seems to add all the additional space to after the last column.

Here is part of my grid definition:
<telerik:RadGrid runat="server"
    ID="RadGrid1"
    AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
    AllowPaging="True"
    AllowSorting="True"
    AutoGenerateColumns="False"
    Height="100%"
    OnDataBound="RadGrid1_DataBound"
    OnItemCommand="RadGrid1_ItemCommand"
    OnItemCreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated"
    OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound"
    OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource"
    OnPreRender="RadGrid1_PreRender"
    PageSize="20"
    ShowFooter="True"
    ShowStatusBar="True"
    Width="100%"
    >
  
    <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="false"
               ClipCellContentOnResize="true"
               EnableRealTimeResize="true" />
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />
    </ClientSettings>
  
    <MasterTableView AllowPaging="true" TableLayout="Fixed">
        <Columns>
...
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
  
    <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="true" Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
</telerik:RadGrid>

Is there a way to make IE-8 Compatability Mode look correct like IE-8 does?

Thanks,

Randall Price
Virginia Tech - Microsoft Implementation Group
Randall
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
12 answers
383 views
Is there a example available integrating the new FileExplorer with radGrid and a editItem template.

I'm using the demo example File Selector Dialog which im creating the textbox and select file button in my edititemtemplate.  im adding The JS for the button in the edititemtemplate that is calling the OpenFileExplorerDialog function which shows the file explorer then double clicking on the file is calling OnFileSelected with the file name back on my page with the radgrid

How can I take this file name and populate the text box in the edit item template?  I can populate a text box outside the grid but cant figure out how to find the textbox in the edititemtemplate and populate that from the OnFileSelected js function
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
3 answers
89 views

I just want one bar.. This one bar will contain 2 colors.. One color for 'Disbursed' and one color for 'Remaining'.. I have these 2 values as doubles... so if the values are 200/50 then one color of the bar will cover 25% and the other will cover 75%

What am I missing? As you see I have been poking in the dark (originally it was a datatable but since its just 2 numbers I got them... and now not sure what to do with them.

 

 

 

double dDisbursed = Convert.ToDouble(_grantService.GetFinacialDashboardTotal(234).Rows[0][2].ToString());

 

 

 

double dRemaining = Convert.ToDouble(_grantService.GetFinacialDashboardTotal(234).Rows[0][1].ToString());

 

 

 

// RadChartLOCCS.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "GrantID";

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

// RadChartLOCCS.Series[0].DataLabelsColumn = "AwardAmount";

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

// RadChartLOCCS.Series[0].DataXColumn = "AwardAmount";

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

// RadChartLOCCS.Series[0].DataXColumn2 = "LOCCSDisbursed";

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

//RadChartLOCCS.Series[0].DataYColumn = "AwardAmount";

 

 

 

 

 

RadChartLOCCS.DataBind();

 

 

 

<telerik:RadChart ID="RadChartLOCCS" runat="server" DefaultType="StackedBar100" SeriesOrientation="Horizontal">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<Series>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:ChartSeries Name="SeriesLOCCS" Type="StackedBar100">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:ChartSeries>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</Series>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ChartTitle>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<TextBlock Text="LOCCS Budget">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</TextBlock>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</ChartTitle>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:RadChart>

 

Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
4 answers
142 views
Is it possible to have a column span multiple columns only when in edit mode? Something like a property of the EditItemTemplate to tell the column to span multiple columns.
Joe Kalinowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?