Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
272 views

I'm looking for a way to modify the alt rsp. tooltip text for ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl and ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl. I want to have different text on several pages e.g. in one page simple "collapse", in an other page "more information" and so on.

I did similar with the filter menu in Page_Load

Dim Menu As GridFilterMenu = RadGrid1.FilterMenu

            Dim item As RadMenuItem

 

            For Each item In Menu.Items

                item.BackColor = Color.LightGreen

                'change the text for the StartsWith menu item

                If item.Text = "NoFilter" Then

                    item.Text = "kein Filter"

                End If

And so on.

But I didn't find a similar solution for the ExpandImage and CollapseImage in the ExpandColumn.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Thanks

Heinz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
137 views
OnRequestStart="RequestStart"

With regular RadUpload I had to set_enableAjax(false) for RadAjax or else code behind Uploads.Count will be 0 on Postback.

I switched to AsynchUpload and noticed when I comment out the above it is still working fine.  
They are probably two different mechanism so I think it's safe to not needing set_enableAjax(false) anymore.  

Can someone confirm?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
8 answers
820 views

How is it possible to use a custom CSS-File for the RadEditor Content if the RadEditor ist instantiated in a CS Class File and not as a aspx-Control?

We defined a RadControl Object and tried to add our CSS-File by "radEditor.CssFiles.Add(new EditorCssFile(cssUrl));" But it doesn't work tough. It seems that the Method "CssFiles.Add(EditorCssFile file)" doesn't work in the same way as adding a external CSS File trough a aspx Property.

 

this is the sourcecode:

 

 

public class ITeamTextEditor : RadEditor {

 

        public ITeamTextEditor(Page page, String text) {

            ...

            this.EditModes = Telerik.Web.UI.EditModes.Design ^ Telerik.Web.UI.EditModes.Html;

            this.Content = text;

            ...

////doesn't work??////

            String cssUrl = "/EditorContentArea.css";

            *****this.CssFiles.Add(new EditorCssFile(cssUrl));*****

            ...

        }

 

The CSS-File doesn't show up in the Head-Tag of the I-Frame of the RadEditor Content. We tried out your example with a RadEditor in a aspx file and it worked. But if you use the RadEditor inside C#-code, it doesn't.

Best Regards
Rinaldo

Tom Fallwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
136 views
Hello, I have a scheduler and a 3 radgrids on my page, they are usually tucked away and scheduler is the only thing expanded. I want to be able to pass data to my radgrid or other telerik controls when a menu item "Select" is chosen from appointmentcontextmenu. I can hook into that event just fine, and take what I need from appointment and apply to the other controls, but they don't update... Since only the scheduler is getting refreshed.

Do i need to enable/disable something in this case where I want the entire page to be reloaded? I can pass arguments through the url, but that's messy and I don't like to refresh page just to pass an ID around.

Thanks,
Viktor.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
6 answers
122 views
When in Internet Explorer 8, clicking the New Paragraph button causes the browser to prompt the user:

Do you want to allow this webpage to access your Clipboard?
If you allow this, the webpage can access the Clipboard and read information that you've cut or copied recently.

Is there any way this can be avoided?
bdukes
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
2 answers
89 views
I want to have a regular button outside the radgrid, when click it, the grid opens a new row with update, delete command button on the row -- functional exactly the same as when setting grid CommanditemDisplay=top,  but it's not a add new button inside the grid, a button outside the grid.

How can i do that?

Thanks!!!



JJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
6 answers
796 views
Hi,
 Here is my req.

When radgrid loads ona page it should not display filter option. When cilck the link button on commanditemtemplate it should display the filter option and when i click hide button it should hide the filter option. Can anyone help me how to do this?

Thanks
Babu
Raj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
5 answers
176 views
Hi,

We have a RadComboBox with search capability.  Here is the declaration:

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlCustomerSearch" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" Width="200px"
                                Height="150px" EnableLoadOnDemand="True" Skin="AsiSkin"  EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"
                                EnableVirtualScrolling="true" AllowCustomText="false"  MarkFirstMatch="true"
                                OnItemsRequested="ddlCustomerSearch_ItemsRequested"           OnClientSelectedIndexChanged="ToggleHiddenElements" OnClientLoad="CheckSelectedCustomer"
                                OnSelectedIndexChanged="CustomerSearch_OnSelectedIndexChanged" EmptyMessage="Enter or Select Customer">
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>

As you see, this dropdown has empty message property setup.  The issue is, when users remove previous selection from dropdown, empty message appears, but SelectedIndexChanged event does not fire (actually I do not think that in this case dropdown does any postback).  As a result, we do not know that user changed selection...

As a result
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
83 views
If I have a dragable node on a RadTree is it possible to check the x/y location of where the node is dropped in respect to a panel?

So if I have a panel containing tree A, plus some other controls, I just want to know if the node I have dragged from tree B is over the panel containing tree A possibly changing the background colour of the panel to show that the node is over an area that it can be released?

I have tried using the following code to test the possibility out, but the domEvent.offsetX seems to keep changing what it is measuring from as I move it around.

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
  
    function findPosX(obj) {
        var curleft = 0;
        if (obj.offsetParent)
            while (1) {
                curleft += obj.offsetLeft;
                if (!obj.offsetParent)
                    break;
                obj = obj.offsetParent;
            }
        else if (obj.x)
            curleft += obj.x;
        return curleft;
    }
  
    function findPosY(obj) {
        var curtop = 0;
        if (obj.offsetParent)
            while (1) {
                curtop += obj.offsetTop;
                if (!obj.offsetParent)
                    break;
                obj = obj.offsetParent;
            }
        else if (obj.y)
            curtop += obj.y;
        return curtop;
    }
  
    function ClientNodeDragging(sender, eventArgs) {
        var domEvent = eventArgs.get_domEvent();
        var node = eventArgs.get_node();
        var MyPanel;
        if (document.getElementById('<%= leftPanel.FindControl("pnlPositionSelector").ClientID %>') != null) {
            MyPanel = document.getElementById('<%= leftPanel.FindControl("pnlPositionSelector").ClientID %>');
            node.set_text("Dragging X:" + domEvent.offsetX + " Y:" + domEvent.offsetY + " target XPos=" + findPosX(MyPanel) + " target YPos=" + findPosY(MyPanel));
        }
        else {
            node.set_text("Dragging X:" + domEvent.offsetX + " Y:" + domEvent.offsetY);
        }
        //MyPanel.style.height = NewHeight + "px";
        //MyPanel.style.width = NewWidth + "px";
  
  
  
    }
</script>
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

I am working on radgrid  control, having page navigation buttons like <<Prev 1,2,3 ... Next>>
what i want is that, if it is 1st page (or default page), then <<prev button should be disabled or change the background color of button.
if the page is last then Next>> button should be disabled.
naimish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?