Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
714 views

Hello,

I am having a 403 Forbidden error, but only for regular members (contributors). For example, in a discussion board entry they can see the editor fine, but when they try to submit the post (message) they get a 403 Forbidden error.

When a site administrator does the same thing, the RTE control works fine.

If I add the regular member user to the group “Owners” then the user can use the control just fine.

Also, I am using FBA (forms based authentication). The user accounts are in an SQL Server database “aspnetdb”.  They are not windows or win domain accounts.

Please help.

js
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2007
1 answer
154 views
I don't seem to be able to add additional fonts to the RadEditor in Moss.  I've tried several options ...

The original file located at:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.1.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls\Editor

Has this tag:
<tool name="FontName" />

Telerik help "UsingTheToolsFile" states the tag should be this:
ms-help://telerik.radeditor.71.Net2/telerik.radeditor.71.Net2/UsintTheToolsFile.html
    <tool name="fontNames" >
       <font name="Arial" />
       <font name="Arial Narrow" />
       <font name="Arial Black" />
    </tool>

Telerik help "Fonts" states the tag should be this:
ms-help://telerik.radeditor.71.Net2/telerik.radeditor.71.Net2/Fonts.html

<fontNames>
   <item name="Arial" />
   <item name="Arial Narrow" />
   <item name="Arial Black" />
</fontNames>
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
1 answer
111 views
Hi, I posted this in the wrong thread so I will repost it here.

I have MOSS 2007 installed on a single server.  I deployed RadControls on all of my 7 subsites.  When using Firefox, and only on 2 of the 7 subsites, I get an "unknown error" when trying to add a new announcement or event.  Everything else works fine.  It only occurs on Firefox with 2 subsites.  I cannot distinguish what makes these subsites different from the others.

Any Ideas?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
5 answers
187 views
When adding a URL in the textfield (e.g. www.telerik.com), the site opens in the same frame. I would be much better, that the linked URL will open in a new window or tab.

Is it possible t configure the target="_blank" behaviour?



Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
1 answer
123 views
Hi,
I have a RadAjaxPanel with a Button inside it that has a OnClientClick property of :-
return confirm('Are you sure you want to remove these open-ended questions?');

This will popup a question. If the user answers OK then the server side event is not posted as expected.

I tried this with a standard UpdatePanel and it works as expected.

Is this a bug? Is there a way around it?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
3 answers
284 views
Hi,

I'm building a portal site for use by users with multiple access levels. Higher-level users are able to create docks that are then shared with lower-level users. Lower-level users may not edit or move these "fixed" docks. However, since lower-level users can create their own docks, they can effectively move those "fixed" docks down on the page by dragging their new docks above the "fixed" docks.

We would like to avoid having these "fixed" docks moved at all, but we don't want to make the whole zone forbidden to the lower-level user. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks.
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
1 answer
173 views
The following example involves the PanelBar from the previous generation RadControls.

First, on the ASPX...

<radA:RadAjaxManager ID="oldAjaxManager" runat="Server" UseEmbeddedScripts="true" EnableOutsideScripts="true"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
         
    </AjaxSettings> 
</radA:RadAjaxManager> 
 
<radP:RadPanelbar ID="panelbar" runat="server">          
    <ItemTemplate>           
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip" Visible="true" runat="Server">                  
            <asp:Panel ID="tooltipPanel" runat="Server"  BackColor="azure">                      
                <asp:Button ID="testButton" runat="server" Text="postback" />                
            </asp:Panel>             
        </telerik:RadToolTip>        
    </ItemTemplate>          
    <Items>              
        <radP:RadPanelItem Text="item1"  OnInit="panelItem_OnInit" Value="item1" runat="Server">             
        </radP:RadPanelItem>         
    </Items>     
</radP:RadPanelbar>  

Now server side..

protected void selectedLocationsPanelItem_OnInit(object sender, EventArgs args) 
{ 
    Telerik.WebControls.RadPanelItem item = sender as Telerik.WebControls.RadPanelItem; 
    Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip tooltip = item.FindControl("tooltip") as Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip; 
 
    if (tooltip != null) 
    { 
        tooltip.TargetControlID = item.UniqueID; 
        oldAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.Add(ToolTipAjaxSetting(tooltip)); 
    } 
} 
protected Telerik.WebControls.AjaxSetting ToolTipAjaxSetting(Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip tooltip) 
{ 
    Telerik.WebControls.AjaxSetting setting = new Telerik.WebControls.AjaxSetting(); 
    Button button = tooltip.FindControl("testButton") as Button; 
    Telerik.WebControls.RadPanelItem item = tooltip.Parent as Telerik.WebControls.RadPanelItem; 
 
    Telerik.WebControls.AjaxUpdatedControl updatedToolTip = new Telerik.WebControls.AjaxUpdatedControl(); 
    Telerik.WebControls.AjaxUpdatedControl updatedPanelbar = new Telerik.WebControls.AjaxUpdatedControl(); 
    Telerik.WebControls.AjaxUpdatedControl updatedItem = new Telerik.WebControls.AjaxUpdatedControl(); 
     
     
 
    updatedToolTip.ControlID = tooltip.UniqueID; 
    updatedPanelbar.ControlID = selectedLocationsPanelbar.UniqueID; 
    updatedItem.ControlID = item.UniqueID; 
 
 
    setting.AjaxControlID = button.UniqueID; 
 
    //Note these three Lines. 
    setting.UpdatedControls.Add(updatedToolTip); 
    setting.UpdatedControls.Add(updatedPanelbar); 
    setting.UpdatedControls.Add(updatedItem); 
 
    return setting; 
} 



Note the three lines that define which controls are updated.  Change those to play around with the configuration.  When it is uncommented in a scenario i will call it 'Active'


Scenario I:
updatedItem active, rest deactive.  On ajax update, the tooptip no longer is attached.

Scenario II
UpdatedItem, UpdatedTooltip active.  Same problem.

Scenario III
UpdatedPanelbar active, no matter what else is active, on second postback, there is a server error-- "Invalid JSON primitive ."




I have not attempted this with the other Ajax Controls, due to my documented experiences in Part 1 , as well as similar but undocumented experience outside of these posts, which suggests it simply won't work.



I suppose a final alternative might be placing these tooltips outside of the panelbar, but this is an ineloquent and unwanted situation.  I have tested it lightly, and it works.

Also of note is the that it's annoying but an acceptable limitation that one must update the entire panelbar, as opposed to just a single item...

I believe that covers everything.  I hope it is obvious why this is a different problem than Part I.

To summarize

Part I: Only Old Rad Manager works when attempting to reattach tooltips, and even then, it's something of a hack, as the tooltip (it seems?) should not need to be reattached to the object which has the same name it did originally.

Part II:  When placing a tooltip in a template of a Panelbar, and attaching that tooltip to the item in which it was generated, it receives the "invalid JSON primitive ." error





Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
1 answer
83 views
Hi all,

This is an interesting one, and it's one I've resolved by stopping using the Prometheus splitter and I've reverted back to the 2007.1 DLL instead, but thought I'd post here so the devs were at least aware of it.

Scenario
On one of our pages, I was using RadSplitter (Prometheus), RadWindow (2007.1) and RadGrid (2007.1).

All 3 were using the Telerik skin.

Problem
When only the RadSplitter and RadGrid were on the page, both skins worked fine - no problems at all, and the grid + splitter displayed perfectly in the Telerik skin.

The moment I added the RadWindow (not linked to either of the 2 controls, just a popup that was needed), the formatting on the RadGrid broke - it was as if the skin was no longer being applied and my core styles for my user interface were being applied.

Removing the definition for the RadWindow re-applied the skin to the Grid correctly.

I will add, this is *only* a problem in IE (I only tested in version 7).  In Firefox it displays perfectly no matter which version of the controls I use.

As soon as I rollback from the Prometheus version of the Splitter to the 2007.1 version, all is well in IE.


As I say, no real action required by the devs - just thought I'd feedback.

Should you need to contact me for code samples or anything, please feel free.

Cheers,
Terry
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
2 answers
173 views
The AjaxLoadingPanel is rendered as a Div tag. I wanted to have it as sticky and place it between a row of buttons. However the Div causes it to break the row. Is there a way to get it to render as a Span? Or is there another way to stop the break?
skysailor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2007
2 answers
130 views
Hi,  we mentioned this in another message thread, but will start another in case it was missed.
What happened to the old property

OnAjaxRequest="RadAjax_AjaxRequest" ???

Seems to be missing in new Prometheus AjaxManager.
Roy/Dave
Roy Gelerman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?