This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues with Splitter and 2007.1 Controls

1 Answer 34 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Terry Brown
Top achievements
Rank 1
Terry Brown asked on 12 Jul 2007, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

This is an interesting one, and it's one I've resolved by stopping using the Prometheus splitter and I've reverted back to the 2007.1 DLL instead, but thought I'd post here so the devs were at least aware of it.

Scenario
On one of our pages, I was using RadSplitter (Prometheus), RadWindow (2007.1) and RadGrid (2007.1).

All 3 were using the Telerik skin.

Problem
When only the RadSplitter and RadGrid were on the page, both skins worked fine - no problems at all, and the grid + splitter displayed perfectly in the Telerik skin.

The moment I added the RadWindow (not linked to either of the 2 controls, just a popup that was needed), the formatting on the RadGrid broke - it was as if the skin was no longer being applied and my core styles for my user interface were being applied.

Removing the definition for the RadWindow re-applied the skin to the Grid correctly.

I will add, this is *only* a problem in IE (I only tested in version 7).  In Firefox it displays perfectly no matter which version of the controls I use.

As soon as I rollback from the Prometheus version of the Splitter to the 2007.1 version, all is well in IE.

As I say, no real action required by the devs - just thought I'd feedback.

Should you need to contact me for code samples or anything, please feel free.

Cheers,
Terry

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2007, 07:12 AM
Hello Terry,
Thank you for the concern.

I created a simple project to test your scenario but was unable to get the result you describe. It would be great if you could take the time to prepare and send us a simple project, demonstrating this issue.

All the best,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Terry Brown
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetie