Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
182 views
I'm having a problem with the RadSplitter, and I managed to reproduce it in a very simple example.

Here's the example:

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="100%" Orientation="Horizontal">

<telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="">

Top Pane</telerik:RadPane>

<telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" runat="server">

<div style="position:absolute;">

Content that is too long and requires scrolling.

</div>

</telerik:RadPane>

</telerik:RadSplitter>


The scrolling for that RadPane2 will not work because it contains a div with absolute positioning.  The same thing happens if the div has its position set to relative instead of absolute.  Because both relative and absolutely positioned divs exhibit the problem, I'm having a hard time laying out the content of my RadPane.

Any ideas on how to get around this?
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2007
1 answer
122 views
Hi,
This isn't strictly a RadControls problem but I'm hoping that someone here has some experience that would help.
I'm using a RadAjaxManager to do a callback. The callback fails with the PageRequestManagerParserErrorException error. But it only fails if a user has logged in with formsAuthentication first. The same page before logging in works. Then after logging in it doesn't work. Any ideas on how to work around this?
skysailor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jul 2007
4 answers
201 views
As silverlight becomes closer to being a reality will it become replace your ASP.Net and Prometheus controls for web dev?  What does the telerik crystal ball say the future is....?

Keep up the great work,
Al
MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2007
6 answers
147 views
Hi,
I have a database table with a list of questions. The questions need to be ordered by the user and the text can be edited. I'd like to allow the user to re-order the questions using drag and drop.

I am thinking that the dock control could be used to do this. I would need to generate the dock objects dynamically from the database with a text box in each. I want the user to be able to edit the text and rearrange the questions without any postbacks (or callbacks). Then when they click a Save button I want to get the text and new order and save it to my database.

Any suggestions on whether this can be done with this control would be greatly appreciated. Or whether another control would be more suitable. Any practical suggestions on code sequence or properties/APIs would be great.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2007
10 answers
535 views
Hi,
If I integrate ToolTip with RadGrid (on some elements in TemplateColumn) I get some errors. 
Specifically, the paging in grid stop working.
Error: Object doesn't  support this property or method. 

Regards,
Vakho
Dyt Iscus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2007
2 answers
73 views
I have a frameset page. One of the frames contains an aspx page where a splitter control resides. I get an error message when the mouse hovers over the splitter bar: "Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer. Parameter name: x Actual valueswas NaN."

When browsing the aspx page outside of a frameset all is ok.

Any ideas? 
thepilsbury
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2007
1 answer
140 views
Hi,
        I have three RadZones in my RadDockLayout. i want to create a raddock object and place the object into the three zones sequentially one by one as it is created. I am creating the objects in the Page_Init() event.

    I am able to add the raddock object to the zone, only the first object which ever it is added is being displayed, but the rest are not being displayed. 

    one more problem is that the RadDock object which i created is not loading when i move the object to another zone, it is just refreshing the page.

Please advice on this.

Regards,
Raja
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2007
2 answers
225 views
hi Every1,
                 how to create dynamic RadDock without any event of Raddock layout and Raddockzone,i used only RadDockZone and RadDockLayout in .ascx page while creating new raddock in .asccx.vb file.please give an example which uses values from Database not session
nil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2007
1 answer
157 views
I am having a bit of a problem using ToolTips on Docks, I can get it to show the Tooltips when I hover over the docks, but it will to show past the boundaries of the Docking

Is there an option that I have mised to adjust the layering or something?
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2007
3 answers
709 views
Hi Guys ?

I've beern really looking forward to the scheduler as I have 2 applications waiting for this kind of functionality but now it's here I have no idea how to use it :) All I need to do is get some data from a database and show them on a static calendar, there is no need for inserts or updates at this point.

First I tried just putting an empty scheduler on the page but got the following error...

DataKeyField, DataSubjectField, DataStartField and DataEndField are required for databinding


So I assume it's not possible to leave it empty, but how do you bind data to it  ? I prefer not to use datasource controls. I'd like to put something in the page_load like this...

MyScheduler.Datasource = MyDataTable
MyScheduler.Databind()

Is it possible to just bind a datatable to a Scheduler this way ?

Next Question - Would it be possible to publish an example of a database table or some XML showing the format that the appointments should be kept in, for those of us that don't understand the iCal format, and still don't get it after trying numerous websites about it ;)

Thanks, Jon


T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?