Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
172 views
Figure this one out!!!

I have some radDock controls inside of a div with position:fixed.  Additionally I have sufficient page content outside of this fixed div in order to get a scroll bar.  Here is where things get a little weird.  Shrink the browser window so that you have a scroll bar on the very right side, then scroll down a little bit.  Finally try grabbing one of the radDock objects.  It will think you are grabbing the radDock object from a location that the control isn't located.  I have only observed this behavior when the radDock is embedded inside of a control that has it's position fixed.  I would like for the div and it's content to be able to remain fixed while page scrolling, however when I select a RadDock object i would like for it to behave normally.  I've appended an example that should illustrate the phenomenon that I am observing.  I'm not that great with Javascript but my guess is that this can be fixed with some javascript.  It should be just a matter of updating the radDock control to now where the object really is on the page rather than where it thinks it should be.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Ztest.aspx.cs" Inherits="Ztest" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>
        <div style="position: fixed;">
            <telA:RadDockLayout ID="RadDockLayout1" runat="server">
                <telA:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100px">
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock1" runat="server" Width="100px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock2" runat="server" Width="100px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock3" runat="server" Width="100px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock4" runat="server" Width="100px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock5" runat="server" Width="100px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock6" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock7" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock8" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock9" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock10" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock11" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock12" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock13" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock14" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                    <telA:RadDock ID="RadDock15" runat="server" Width="300px">
                    </telA:RadDock>
                </telA:RadDockZone>
            </telA:RadDockLayout>
        </div>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
        <p>
            Hello</p>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
RodneyJT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Jul 2007
1 answer
127 views
Hi,

I am using the full version of RADEditor in MOSS and want to perform the spellcheck before user submits the form to the sharepoint (on the client side, thru Javascript). Is it possible to enable the spellcheck thru Javascript. If so, can you pls provide me with the sample.

FYI: I have seen few samples provided for ASP.Net Spell check to perform spellcheck at the client side, where you are taking the RADEditor control id and performing spell check. But in the SharePoint list, I am not able to get the ID of the RADEditor.

Regards,
Phani
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2007
1 answer
99 views
Hi, in my application I use the old radsplitter with a custom skin, in one pane I have a dynamically loaded panelbar. For each panel bar item I got a dynamically loaded menu. All work good with the old radsplitter.

With the prometheus one a got several problems:
1- In my skin file I change the prefix to Telerix:radsplitter and. I got a fist error telling me that my CRC skin are not found in the embended skin. I put the EnableEmbendedSkin to false. I stop receiving the error but my layout are horrible. If i right click-property on the dock image I see the he try to load it with webenmended? (or somthing like that).

2- if I collapse and expand again a panelbar item the menuitem are rendered over other menu. To solve this I use this code, but this not work anymore. Meaby this problem are not linked with the new RadSplitter but more to the SP2 version of RadControl ?

function ResizePanelBar()
{
  var panelbar =document.getElementById("ctl00_RadPanelbarMain");
  panelbar.RadResize();
}


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jul 2007
6 answers
263 views
Hi,
        I am using the RadDock Prometheus controls to move the RadDock objects to get the objects in the zone re-allign automatically in a RadDockLayout control. Now my requirement is that, can i hide the Rad Dock layout using Client side javascript function.

Please advice on this.

Regards,
Raja
Raja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2007
9 answers
254 views
Do you have any idea why when I put a RadToolTipManager inside DNN and set it with ShowEvent="Onclick", on user clicks, it fires a post back to the page and lost the tooltip?  Please help.

Here is my code
<script runat="server">  
 
    protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)  
    {  
        base.OnLoad(e);  
 
        this.RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(hylnkProd.ClientID, true);  
    }  
 
 
    protected void RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate(object sender, ToolTipUpdateEventArgs e)  
    {  
        e.UpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(pnlUpdate);  
        pnlUpdate.Visible = true;  
    }  
</script> 
 
 
    <asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager" runat="server"/>  
        <telerik:radtooltipmanager id="RadToolTipManager1"   
                runat="server"   
                Position="BottomRight"   
                ShowEvent="OnClick" 
                ManualClose="true"   
                Sticky="true" 
                width="500px"   
                height="100px" 
                Skin="Web20" 
                OnAjaxUpdate="RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate">  
        </telerik:radtooltipmanager> 
        <TABLE id="tblProd" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" border="0" runat="server" width="700">  
            <TR> 
                <TD class="Normal">  
                    <HR width="100%" SIZE="1">  
                </TD> 
            </TR> 
            <tr> 
                <td class="Normal" style="width: 161px">  
                    <asp:hyperlink id="hylnkProd" runat="server" navigateurl="#" style="text-decoration:none;" Text="Test"></asp:hyperlink> 
                </td> 
            </tr> 
        </TABLE> 
        <asp:Panel ID="pnlUpdate" runat="server" Visible="false">  
            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="10" border="0" class="Normal">  
                <tr> 
                    <td colspan="2">  
                        <asp:Label ID="lblProductTitle" runat="server" Text="This is a test"></asp:Label> 
                    </td> 
                </tr> 
            </table> 
        </asp:Panel> 
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2007
1 answer
101 views
Hi, with Prometheus RadAjax the RadAjaxManager himself do not appear anymore in the propertybilder. We Cannot add control to update in case of RadAjaxManager.AjaxRequest are called from client side. We need to put manually the entry in the aspx side page.

I retest with the old AjaxManager and the AjaxManager are present in the Property Builder.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2007
2 answers
465 views
HI,
 I am following LoadonDemand example given in Online demo for RADToolTip. but am facing same problem. when the page loads for first time Tooltip is working smoothley but when the page postback happens am not able to get tooltip.

I am using latest hot fix for this RADControl. i.e 6/26/2007 release.

Here am sending sample code, please have a look on this sample.
This is my Default.aspx page


<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="Skins/CustomSkin/ToolTip.CustomSkin.css" type="text/css" />

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<radG:RadGrid ID="RGSample" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="15" EnableAJAX="false" AutoGenerateColumns="false"

runat="server" Height="50%" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" OnItemDataBound="RGSample_ItemDataBound"

Skin="Grey" SkinsPath="RadControls/Grid/Skins" CssClass="RadGrid" CellPadding="2"

CellSpacing="2" OnDataBinding="RGSample_DataBinding" OnSortCommand="RGSample_SortCommand" OnDataBound="RGSample_DataBound1" >

<PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" />

<MasterTableView AllowCustomPaging="False" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"

GridLines="both" HorizontalAlign="NotSet" PageSize="10" CellPadding="2" CellSpacing="2"

Width="100%" BorderColor="black">

<Columns>

<radG:GridHyperLinkColumn DataTextField="CustomerID" HeaderText="CustomerID" SortExpression="CustomerID"

UniqueName="CustomerID">

</radG:GridHyperLinkColumn>

<radG:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="ContactName" SortExpression="ContactName" UniqueName="ContactName">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Label ID="lblContactName" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("ContactName") %>'></asp:Label>

</ItemTemplate>

</radG:GridTemplateColumn>

<radG:GridBoundColumn DataField="CompanyName" HeaderText="CompanyName" SortExpression="CompanyName"

UniqueName="CompanyName">

</radG:GridBoundColumn>

<radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="Click">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:ImageButton ID="imgBtn" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/24find.gif" CommandName="Find" />

</ItemTemplate>

</radG:GridTemplateColumn>

</Columns>

</MasterTableView>

<ClientSettings>

<Scrolling AllowScroll="true" SaveScrollPosition="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" />

</ClientSettings>

</radG:RadGrid>

<asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" runat="server" DataFile="~/App_Data/Nwind.mdb"

SelectCommand="SELECT top 10 [CustomerID], [CompanyName], [ContactName] FROM [Customers]">

</asp:AccessDataSource>

</div>

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RTMCustomer" runat="server" RelativeTo="Mouse" Position="MiddleRight"

BorderStyle="None" Width="250px" Height="300px" Animation="None" Sticky="true"

ManualClose="true" Skin="CustomSkin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" OnAjaxUpdate="RTMCustomer_OnAjaxUpdate"

ShowCallout="true" EnableViewState="false">

</telerik:RadToolTipManager>

</form>

</body>

</html>



Here is my .CS file



using System;

using System.Data;

using System.Configuration;

using System.Web;

using System.Web.Security;

using System.Web.UI;

using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;

using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

using System.Collections.Generic;

public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected Dictionary<string, string> controlcollection = new Dictionary<string, string>();

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

}

protected void RGSample_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.WebControls.GridItemEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Item.ItemType == Telerik.WebControls.GridItemType.Item || e.Item.ItemType == Telerik.WebControls.GridItemType.AlternatingItem)

{

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label lblContactName = (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label)e.Item.FindControl("lblContactName");

if (lblContactName != null)

{

DataRowView currentRow = (DataRowView)e.Item.DataItem;

if (!controlcollection.ContainsKey(lblContactName.ClientID))

controlcollection.Add(lblContactName.ClientID, currentRow.Row["CustomerID"].ToString());

}

//if (!Page.IsPostBack)

//{

// lblContactName.ID = currentRow.Row["CustomerID"].ToString();

//}

if (this.RTMCustomer != null)

this.RTMCustomer.TargetControls.Add(lblContactName.ClientID, true);

}

}

protected void RTMCustomer_OnAjaxUpdate(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.ToolTipUpdateEventArgs e)

{

Dictionary<string, string> controls = (Dictionary <string, string>)Session["controlcollection"];

int index = e.TargetControlID.LastIndexOf("_");

//string elementID = e.TargetControlID.Substring(index + 1);

string elementID = controls[e.TargetControlID];

this.UpdateToolTip(elementID, e.UpdatePanel);

}

private void UpdateToolTip(string elementID, UpdatePanel panel)

{

try

{

Control ctrlPopup = Page.LoadControl("Popup.ascx");

panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(ctrlPopup);

PopUp popUp = (PopUp)ctrlPopup;

popUp.CustomerID = elementID;

}

catch (Exception)

{

}

}

protected void RGSample_DataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

RTMCustomer.TargetControls.Clear();

}

protected void RGSample_SortCommand(object source, Telerik.WebControls.GridSortCommandEventArgs e)

{

RTMCustomer.TargetControls.Clear();

}

protected void RGSample_DataBound1(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Session.Add("controlcollection", controlcollection);

}

}


Looking forward for your support

Thanks
PRASANNA

EH Ravidranath
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jul 2007
2 answers
142 views
I'm trying out Lite RadEditor for MOSS on my WSS3 site to edit lists. Followed the instructions in help and everything went super-smoothly and it was up and running in minutes (kudos telerik!)

My only problem is that when I click Edit on a list item, for example a wiki page, the content area is really small in both IE and Firefox. If I'm trying to edit a large wiki page this is a significant problem.

Wondering if it is possible to make the window larger, or better yet have it expand to fill available space. Can I edit the CSS to do this?

Thanks,
Mike J.
mtjohnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2007
2 answers
138 views
I have a segment of code that dynamically generates some Image controls along with RadToolTips to accompany them.

When this code is run as part of an Ajax update, none of the tool tips work.

Does the tool tip code require some page load initialization that is not running on an Ajax callback?

I can see through Fiddler that the controls are in fact being generated. It's as if the JavaScript that wires up the mouseover event to make the tooltip show is not executing.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2007
2 answers
102 views
I using a radwindow as a popup.  When the popup is displayed, the raddock displays through the content of the radwindow.

Any solution?
Scott Gibson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?