Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
166 views
I just downloaded SP2 and the help didn't register.

I need an appropriate cmd to register this, please.
Nikolay Dobrev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2007
9 answers
282 views
I was using the new Ajax Manager in Prometheus and everything was working great.  Then I added a new contentplaceholder for my master page and the ajaxifed pages stopped working. 

I know the issue is the multiple contentplaceholder but my question is why do the old ajax controls work but the new ones don't?

Is there going to be a fix to handle multiple contentplaceholders?

Is there a way to use the new Prometheus controls with multiple contentplacehoders without coding the ajax settings progmatically?

What is the benefit of using the Prometheus controls if you can't use master pages in .net 2005?

Thanks,

Michael
MGrassman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jun 2007
5 answers
278 views
Hi
I am creating the whole page dynamic, with Zones , RadDocks all dynamic.
I want to set the Skin property for RadDocks.
How to set the Skin Property for dynamically created RadDocks.
Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2007
1 answer
166 views
Hi,

We're using RAD Editor Lite for MOSS 2007. Our Event Log shows a number of the following errors;

  • Error: Failure in loading assembly: RadEditor, Version=6.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=852c9eb6525c1b53
  • Error: Failure in loading assembly: RadWebParts, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed

  • Error: Failure in loading assembly: RadSpell, Version=2.9.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b5dad7bf2bf594c2

  • We have all the necessary files in place in our installation folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.0.0.0__1f131a624888eeed) and have deployed the .wsp file sucessfully to our sharepoint site. I can see RadEditor.Net2 (version 7.0.2.0 - 852c9eb652c1b53) in the GAC as well as RadEditorSharepoint (version 4.0.0.0 - 1f131a624888eeed).

    We don't think there is any degradation of the site because of these Errors, and the RadControls continue to function properly. However, the errors are filling up the event log quite rapidly and are becoming a nuisance so we're hoping for a quick fix to resolve.

    Can anyone please let me know if they have see these errors before and if so how to fix?

    Thanks,
    Ian.

    Lini
    Telerik team
     answered on 28 Jun 2007
    3 answers
    176 views
    Hi,

    I've read in the post (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-thhag.aspx) that sharepoint will filter rich text fields automatically, thus even if RadEditor for MOSS output is xhtml compliant, the result saved by sharepoint will not be.

    I'll like to ask if anybody has any solution in overcoming this problem and make the content xhtml compliant when sharepoint displays it.


    Thanks & Regards
    starke
    Sam Langdon
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
     answered on 27 Jun 2007
    1 answer
    189 views
    Hi Telerik,

    I have installed the full trail version on our MOSS environment. I have done some R & D for it and just wondering if you can address some issues/queries I need answering:

    1. The RadEditor for MOSS chm is not that detailed in terms of configuration. Do we refer to Telerik RadEditor 7.1 chm for that?
    2. That said, is the RadEditor for MOSS an exact carbon copy of the Telerik RadEditor in terms of configuration and functionality but reengineerd to work in a MOSS environment?
    3. When I click on the MOSSLinkManager it opens the native MOSS HyperLink dialog, whereas the demo on your site opens the standard telerik dialog. Is this normal?
    4. When I am accessing the Image Manager or Document Manager from a sub site, there is no point and click UI for accessing the Site Collection Images and Documents folder on the root site level. Is this a limitation or have I somehow missed it?

    I appreciate your assistance.

    Cheers,

    Nathan

    Georgi Tunev
    Telerik team
     answered on 27 Jun 2007
    1 answer
    136 views
    Hello

    I am facing 2 problems in using radMenu and other rad controls

    1) In Internet Explorer i am able to open new page from Menuitem click. but in firefox the same thing is not working.

    Attached Sample :- http://www.mesware.com.au/Sample_Application.rar
     
        In my attached sa
    mple there are 5 docking objects, which contains RadMenu inside it. From Strategic Plan, Department, BusinessPlan Panel, you can open new page from "CREATE" menuItem. and in Detail Panel, you can open new page from "BUDGET" menuItem. this all works fine in Internet Explorer. but doesn't works in Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 both.
        In all panel, there is also a menuitem named "Search". in this i am opening the page in different way. so this works fine in both.

    2) Sometime after closing the page (opened from MenuItem "Create") i am getting javascript error like "Document.getelementById....... Is null or not an object". then after that error will also occur on treeview item click.

    I also attached the database of sql server 2000 for this application
    So please look at this issue.
    Peter
    Telerik team
     answered on 26 Jun 2007
    6 answers
    266 views
    Hello,

    I convert your example "PortalSiteCS" into a UserControl with some changes for our site.

    In the event OnSaveDockLayout i do:
    foreach (DockState State in DockLayout.GetRegisteredDocksState())

    but the State.DockZoneID returns always an empty string.
    I used hotfix 2007_1_621_trial_hotfix, 2007_1_619_trial_hotfix, 2007_1_615_trial_hotfix,
    2007_1_612_trial_hotfix.

    The only hotfix that works is 2007_1_423_trial_hotfix, but in this hotfix the postback of the commands don't work as i mentioned yesterday. Also when i open a radwindow on a dockcomman it will open once then the second time it will freeze on loading the page.

    Can you check it please?

    We need it ASAP because we need to show the site to investors.

    Thanks,
    Shimon Shed
    shimon
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
     answered on 26 Jun 2007
    2 answers
    256 views
    I'm pretty sure this is possible, but for the life of me, I can't find information for it.

    I'm creating a portal page using Prometheus Dock and Prometheus Ajax Manager.  There are user controls in some of the docks that are slow to load, making the overall page load time longer than I would like it to be.  I would like the page to load without waiting for the content from the user control to display in the dock.  Ultimately, it would be nice for the page to load with a loading panel visible in the dock, while the content from the user control is generated and ultimately displayed.

    I guess I'm looking for a way to have the user control load empty in the normal page processing, then once the page has loaded in the browser, trigger an ajax call to update the content of the user control.

    Thanks for any assistance.
    LeBear
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
     answered on 25 Jun 2007
    2 answers
    220 views

    I have multiple sliders on a page, when I set the AutoPostBack = true and then set the  OnValueChanged="sldDistance_onValueChanged" on the control, it will post back fine, but any code that I have in my sldDistance_onValueChanged() method will never get called.   It does not matter whether i put the slider control in an update panel or by itself, the server side code never gets reached.  Any client side events get called fine.  Any thoughts?

    I can't even seem to manually hook up to the event:

    sldDistance.ValueChanged += new EventHandler(sldDistance_ValueChanged);

    that also does not seem to work in my code to subscribe to the event.

    Christian McCarrick
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
     answered on 25 Jun 2007
    Narrow your results
    Selected tags
    Tags
    +? more
    Top users last month
    Jake
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    RBarnes
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Iron
    Rami
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Nathan
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Kumeri
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Top users last month
    Jake
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    RBarnes
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Iron
    Rami
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Nathan
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Kumeri
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Veteran
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?