Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
13 answers
526 views
Hello,

it seems that the TooltipManager control does not save the dynamically added ToolTipTargetControls in its viewstate, correct?

Instead after a postback it works like the default behaviour without assigned TargetControls (all elements with an assigned 'title' property on the page are affected)

Is this behaviour intended?
The problem is critical when the TargetControls are assigned during DataBound events on list items. It does not make sense to reassign them (rebind) on every postback.

Any ideas or workkaround?

Kind reagrds.
Rainer




Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2007
2 answers
121 views
Hello,

I'm evaluating the Lite RadEditor for MOSS. I want to use it in FireFox.

After deployment and modifying the Trust level in web.config the RadEditor is not displayed. I don't get any error or exception, the editor just doesn't show. In IE the default SharePoint editor is correctly displayed.

What am I missing?

// Henrik
Henrik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jun 2007
4 answers
237 views
Hi,
We're especially interested in using rad for editing the wiki content in MOSS. How can we setup MOSS/rad-editor to do this?

Or can you give us information about editing the wiki content through a webpart?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2007
3 answers
193 views
Hi,
I am just trying to use the new promtheus build(2007.1.615.0). I found the property of Raddocklayout.RegisteredDocks always returns me a empty collection.
My code is as following.
Any wrong(bug?) with it?
Default2.aspx
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default2.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default2" %> 
<%@ Register tagprefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <div> 
            <asp:Label ID="lblError" runat="server" ForeColor="red" /> 
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
            </asp:ScriptManager> 
            <telerik:raddocklayout id="rdl" runat="server" /> 
            <asp:Panel ID="pnlLeft" runat="server" BackColor="yellow" Width="160px"></asp:Panel> 
        </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 
default2.aspx.cs
using System;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using Telerik.Web.UI;  
using Orientation=Telerik.Web.UI.Orientation;  
 
public partial class Default2 : Page  
{  
    protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        RadDockZone z1 = new RadDockZone();  
        z1.ID ="zone1";  
        z1.Width = Unit.Pixel(150);  
        z1.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Solid;  
        z1.Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal;  
          
        RadDockZone z2 = new RadDockZone();  
        z2.ID = "zone2";  
        z2.Width = Unit.Pixel(150);  
        z2.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Solid;  
        z2.Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal;  
          
        pnlLeft.Controls.Add(z1);   
        pnlLeft.Controls.Add(z2);  
    }  
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        lblError.Text = rdl.RegisteredDocks.Count.ToString();  
         
    }  
}  
 
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2007
4 answers
167 views

Hello,

I'm having an issue that's related to my Dynamically loaded userctrls within a dock, but it was different enough to warrant a new thread.

It would greatly simplify things if there were a server event that would fire for the specific dock control that was moved that would have an e.NewIndex and e.OldIndex parameter values. This gives you a much finer degree of control when creating your own state bag for the dock control.

Here's the issue with NOT having that event available. For the example, I have a table like so:

tblPageContent
- PageNumber
- ObjectID (note: object id can only exist on one page, so its a unique value within this table)
- ObjectOrder

Say I have 8 docks dynamically loaded and I move one up 4 places in the layout. When I move a dock up, the following happens;
- 1. OnInit is triggered and the dynamic docks are 'refreshed'
- 2. 'Refreshing' and save process include:
    >Adding docks in Init (wired-up to DockPositionedChanged)
    >DockLoadLayout being triggered
    >DockPositionChanged event firing for each affected dock
        >> In this event a page scoped StringBuilder variable is built
              and loaded with each ObjectID(Dock ID) and Index affected
              in this event
    >DockSaveLayout is triggered
        >> If the Page level scoped StringBuilder variable is NOT nothing
              (which is only filled in the DockPositionChanged event), then
              the deliminated string of objectID's and it's new indexes
              are updated in the database table.

Notes about the above:
1. The above forces me to pass in a deliminated string of ALL affected objects wrapped in the docks AND their new indexes. So since there's no easy way of handling arrays for both SQL Server and Oracle, that means passing in a string like so to be parsed by the Stored Procedure:
"|objectid,index|objectid,index|" OR "|72,2||73,3||74,1|".
 
2. I then have a messy Oracle update statement where the objectid is parsed out of the string in the where clause and the index value is parsed out (the messy part) in the SET statement:


update tblPageContent set

object_order = SUBSTR(PageObjects_in,INSTR(PageObjects_in,'|'||TRIM(objectid)||',')+LENGTH(TRIM(objectid))+2,(INSTR(PageObjects_in,'|',INSTR(PageObjects_in,'|'||TRIM(objectid)||',')+1))-(INSTR(PageObjects_in,'|'||TRIM(objectid)||',')+LENGTH(TRIM(objectid))+2))

where INSTR(PageObjects_in,'|'||TRIM(objectid)||',') > 0;

NOTE: The SQL Server version uses CharIndexes in place of INSTR, etc.

That would be all fine and well assuming I didn't then need to write some code to handle the specific object that was moved. I have no real way of identifying the dock/object that was moved?? I only have a RANGE of affected docks/objects.

A problem that could crop up with the above object order update method is if the string get's longer than 4000 characters, I can no longer pass this into Oracle as it exceeds the Varchar2 limit (SQL Servers is 8000). This could occur if I had a long list or even a medium list with very high objectID's that would quickly eat up that 4000 character limit if I were to move an item from the bottom towards the top (as everything in between has to be updated via the DockPositionChanged method).

If I had actually done as a previous thread suggested (in the "Dynamic Dock UserCtrl Wrappers" thread) and forgone the DockPositionChanged method (to build my stringbuilder list of objects to update) and just used the SaveDockLayout method, then I would've had to build a deliminated string for EVERY single dock in that list and needlessly updated those object orders in the database (which also puts needlessly more row locks in the database table while updating).

So it's nice to have this DockPositionChanged event around, but in addition to it, could something like a 'DockPositionChanging' event be added with a parameter that has e.OldIndex and e.NewIndex. Then I can identify the specific object/dock that needs to be adjusted in the database. I can also simplify my update statements and have only 4 integer stored proc parameters (pagenumber, objectid, oldindex, newindex). It's not too hard to then write a SQL statement that would increment or decrement by 1 the 'objectorder' field for any objects 'below' or 'above' the current object.

In short - does a dock server event already exist that let's me identify the specific dock that was moved/is moving and if not, could an event be added? Again, my specific issue is that I can't identify the specific dock id (equal to objectID in my example) that was moved.

Thanks,
Chris
    

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jun 2007
2 answers
154 views
Hi,

Is it possible to get a dock command position in JS on the client? When the user clicks one of the "command" buttons, I need to display a div just under the dock command button - I am dynamically creating a menu of options and I need to position this.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Davison
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jun 2007
1 answer
130 views
I am starting a new project and was interested in using the RadDock "Prometheus" in the project.  I understand that with the "Go Live" license I can use this version in a production environment.  Is there a list of browser compatibility out for the Prometheus controls?  After reading through the forums I am not sure that the RadDock product is stable enough for a production web app.  Any one have an opinion on the stability of the product?  Thanks for the help.

Greg
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2007
1 answer
194 views
Hello,

I convert your example "PortalSiteCS" into a UserControl with some changes for our site.

In the event OnSaveDockLayout i do:
foreach (DockState State in DockLayout.GetRegisteredDocksState())

but the State.DockZoneID returns always an empty string.
I used hotfix 2007_1_619_trial_hotfix, 2007_1_615_trial_hotfix,
2007_1_612_trial_hotfix.

The only hotfix that works is 2007_1_423_trial_hotfix, but in this hotfix the postback of the commands don't work as i mentioned yesterday. Also when i open a radwindow on a dockcomman it will open once then the second time it will freeze on loading the page.

Can you check it please?

We need it ASAP because we need to show the site to investors.

Thanks,
Shimon Shed
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2007
3 answers
126 views
Hi,
I am trying to put RadDockLayout inside RadPanelBar.I got very strange behavior. I am wondering whether RadDock control is compatible with RadPanelBar.I am using lastest version of both Rad Prometheums and RadPanelBar.
My code is as following:
Webform1.aspx
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="AJAXEnabledWebApplication1.WebForm1" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadPanelbar.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radP" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <div> 
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
            </asp:ScriptManager> 
            <asp:Label ID="lblError" runat="server" ForeColor="red" /> 
            <telerik:RadDockLayout ID="rdl1" runat="server">  
            </telerik:RadDockLayout> 
            <telerik:RadDockLayout ID="rdl2" runat="Server" /> 
            <radP:RadPanelbar ID="rpb" runat="server">  
            </radP:RadPanelbar> 
        </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 
WebForm1.aspx.cs
using System;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using Telerik.Web.UI;  
using Orientation=Telerik.Web.UI.Orientation;  
using Telerik.WebControls;  
namespace AJAXEnabledWebApplication1  
{  
    public partial class WebForm1 : Page  
    {  
        protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
            RadDockZone z1 = new RadDockZone();  
            z1.ID = "zone1";  
            z1.Width = Unit.Pixel(150);  
            z1.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Solid;  
            z1.Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal;  
            z1.FitDocks = true;  
              
 
            RadDock dock1 = new RadDock();  
            dock1.DockHandle = DockHandle.Grip;  
            dock1.ID = "RadDock1";  
            dock1.Text = "Dock1";  
            dock1.Width = Unit.Pixel(150);  
            z1.Controls.Add(dock1);  
              
 
            RadDockZone z2 = new RadDockZone();  
            z2.ID = "zone2";  
            z2.Width = Unit.Pixel(150);  
            z2.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Solid;  
            z2.Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal;  
            z1.FitDocks = true;  
 
            RadDock dock2 = new RadDock();  
            dock2.DockHandle = DockHandle.Grip;  
            dock2.ID = "RadDock2";  
            dock2.Text = "Dock2";  
            dock2.Width = Unit.Pixel(150);  
            z2.Controls.Add(dock2);  
 
            rdl1.Controls.Add(z1);  
            rdl2.Controls.Add(z2);  
              
 
            RadPanelItem header1=new RadPanelItem("Bar1");  
            RadPanelItem content1=new RadPanelItem();  
            header1.Expanded = true;  
            content1.Controls.Add(rdl1);  
            header1.Items.Add(content1);  
            rpb.Items.Add(header1);  
 
            RadPanelItem header2=new RadPanelItem("Bar2");  
            header2.Expanded = true;  
            RadPanelItem content2=new RadPanelItem();  
            content2.Controls.Add(rdl2);  
            header2.Items.Add(content2);  
            rpb.Items.Add(header2);  
   
        }  
 
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
        }  
    }  
}  
 
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2007
2 answers
168 views
here is the issue I am having.
I have an ajaxmanager on my page.  On the page I add a file manager based on the sample given.  The things I changed was I removed the node editing from the content menus, and add some of my own.  Also I placed the manager inside a asp:panel and made it invisble on page load. I load it from a button on the page that I use radajaxmanager to manage the event so it remains ajax enabled.  I also added to hidden user controls that are invisble and made visible from the content menus using the manager. Everything is working fine till I add the color picker to one of the usercontrols.  It doesn't work.  I also added a tooltip to it and it also does not work.  I read that there is an issues using the old manager with the tooltip and figured the same issue exists with the color picker.  At that point I replaced the old manager with the one from prometheus.  the color picker works, the tooltip still doesn't, but wosre then that the content menus are no longer working ajax enabled.  On the 1st click I get a full postback.  After that it is working ajax enabled. Any suggestions on that?  Also note on the tooltip.  In the control I have a radajaxpanel with the control that activates the tooltip.  I thought that the issue might be I need to use the prometheus panel, but it didn't make a difference.

Thank you very much
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?