If you don't need resizing and animations, RadDock "Prometheus" is much better than the "regular" RadDock. Almost all of the pending bugs have been fixed, if a new critical bug is found, we usually provide a fix the same day. The reason for the more frequent builds lately is because we are cleaning out our bug tracking database.
In other words, I could say that "Prometheus" RadDock is not less stable than the "regular" RadDock.
Regarding the browser compatibility of RadDock:
Firefox 1.x and 2.x - Fully Supported
IE7 - Fully Supported:
- one pending bug, related to Pin/Unpin - will be fixed in the upcoming update, next tuesday
IE6 - Partially Supported:
- has no overlay over windowed elements (dropdowns) - TODO, low priority
- several pending bugs (no one complained about them, currently with low priority)
Netscape - Currently Not Supported
- the browser crashes, we have an idea why this happens, most probably will be fixed for the upcoming update
Opera - Fully Supported
- one pending bug, related to Drag/Drop, will be fixed in the upcoming update
Safari - Fully Supported
There are few pending improvements, such as changing the mouse cursor over the titlebar for docks with disabled drag/drop, which will be implemented for the update.
Valeri Hristov (Senior Developer, MCSD)
the Telerik team