Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
201 views

I have no issues with the non-Prometheus items and these look fine as do the RadDockZone and RadDockLayout controls but they can't be dragged.  When hover over them the four arrow drag control comes up but clicking and dragging doesn't move them at all.  Here is my aspx which I tried running on the hotfix and then the 6/12/2007 hotfix:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" 
    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
 
        <asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">  
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
 
        <telerik:RadDockLayout ID="RadDockLayout1" runat="server">  
            <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server" Height="19px" Width="612px">  
            </telerik:RadDockZone> 
 
            <br /> 
            <br /> 
            <br /> 
            <br /> 
            <br /> 
 
            <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone2" runat="server" Height="63px" Width="619px" Orientation="Horizontal">  
                <telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock1" runat="server" Width="300px" DefaultCommands="None">  
                    vcxvz</telerik:RadDock> 
            </telerik:RadDockZone> 
        </telerik:RadDockLayout> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

Dave

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jun 2007
6 answers
302 views
I have the following problem on my 3 SharePoint 2007 applications (all in german):
"Use RadEditor to edit List Items" is OK.
But - after putting "Telerik RadEditor for MOSS" or "RadEditorWebPart" on a site - when trying to edit it, "An unexpected error has occurred".  
The trust level is medium.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for answering,
Andreas
Andreas Kaech
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jun 2007
0 answers
73 views
Hello,

I downloaded the this build and its making a mass with my dynamicly docks creation.
I return to build 2007_1_423 and its working ok.

thanks,
shimon shed
shimon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Jun 2007
6 answers
257 views
I have noticed that Changing the displayed text of a defaultcommand (CloseText,PinText etc) somehow prevents the docks from being dragged at run time. Resetting the changes one more enables dragging the docks.

Has this bug already been reported ? Is there a solution?

I have also noted that when modifying a docks properties in design view, sometimes that erases code in source view. I´ll explain myself... I have the following markup:

...
<telerik:RadDock ID="GoogleSrch" runat="server" Width="98%" >
    <ContentTemplate>
        <uc2:GooSrch ID="GooSrch1" runat="server" />
    </ContentTemplate>
</telerik:RadDock>
...

whenever I modify the RadDock properties in design view, it erases "</ContentTemplate>" and I have to add it manually.

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2007
3 answers
212 views
Hi,

We are using the "Docking" functionality to create a customisable "dashboard" for our users. We need to have the ability to render a graph inside a dockable object. We have this working fine now but we need to be able to determine the width of the dockable object so we can create a graph which fits the dockable object. Can we get the height and width of the dockable object via javascript?

Also, as an additional question, is it possible to change a dockable objects height using javascript i.e. when the user clicks a button on the page, we set a dockable objects height to be double it's current size?

Regards,

Mark
Mark Davison
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jun 2007
3 answers
163 views
Hi,

Is it possible to add a custom dialog and use this to insert values into the Rad Editor for MOSS?

Regards,

Dan Lewis
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2007
3 answers
242 views
I just completed my first install of the RadEditor 1.1 for my WSS v3 site.  Im able to access the editor "web part" without issue, however the following buttons arent working.  I've included the  IE error reported when it is clicked as well.

MOSS Link manager:
Line: 105
Char: 2
Error: 'AssetPickerConfig' is undefined

MOSS Template Manager:
Line: 203
Char: 9
Error: Object expected

Other than these two, it works great!  Anyone have any thoughts as to why these are having issues?

Thanks!




WeeniePooh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Jun 2007
4 answers
215 views
I'm having an issue on a page that has an Ajax Manager wiring up a large number of different controls. This just started happening recently, so I believe it has something to do with the current mix of controls being used. As it is currently only happening in my database driven app, I can't easily just hand over the page for testing so I'm trying to replicate in a test harness that has no DB backend.
I can isolate it to the Ajax Manager because if I remove all the AjaxSetting parameters, the page works find, although doing full post backs.
I just updated to the SP1 Promethus today in hopes it would solve it, but it did not.
So, while I work on creating a test app that replicates what I am seeing, I thought I would at least toss this out in case someone has seen something similar.
The Telerik controls in use on the page are: Prometheus (Q1-2007 SP1) RadAjaxManager, RadAjaxLoadingPanel, RadToolTip (several), RadControls  (Q1-2007 SP1) - RadInput, RadTabstrip, RadTreeView.

Now, with that background, on to the issue. What is happening is when I perform some action on the page, the AjaxManager does it's job and the action is handled via callbacks and it works fine. Then, I click on some other control to perform another action, and what I find is that instead of the event associated with that control firing and getting handled, a totally different event is fired (always the same one). If I remove the Ajax Manager, then this doesn't happen.

A more concrete example: I have an image button. When clicked, it hides a label field and exposes a text field with an accept and cancel button. If I update the information and click the accept button, then the information is updated successfully and the text field and buttons are hidden and the label is exposed again. That works fine. Now, I click on another similar setup but for a different field. This time however, instead of switching the controls around, I can see in the debugger, the SelectedIndexChanged event handler that is tied to a DropDownList I have on the page is fired. I did not change the selected index on that drop down and yet, whatever control I do click, does not fire the event associated with that control and instead fires that SelectedIndexChanged on the dropdown. It's always the same drop down (though I believe it is the first drop down on the page).

It seems like after the first successful action, the AjaxManager gets confused and has the event for the drop down tied to every other control on the page.

I know that was rather rambling and without a good example to go off of it will be hard to do much, but I thought I might not be the only one who has seen this behavior.

I'll attempt to get a test scenario together that replicates the behavior, but as the page is complicated with many controls, I'm not sure what is causing it so creating the test page has proven difficult so far. As soon as I do, I'll open a ticket with the example attached.
Geoff Van Brunt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jun 2007
1 answer
200 views
Hi All

I can not find any documentation/samples of the Prometheus Dock working well in a master page.

I can get the dock to work properly in a non master page but when the same code is put in the content page of a master page it bugs out.

When I click on the title bar the dock appears off the side of the page and sometimes it just disappears.

If I try to dynamically create them there seem to be even more issues.

Have they been tested and are they supposed to work well in Master pages?? If so, are there any samples or documentation that could help.

Thanks for your help

James
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2007
7 answers
255 views
I may be the only one who can't figure this out, but I have looked at the online demo read the help and I cannot make the tool tips work.  I have installed the microsoft ajax stuff, the prometheus stuff and the 2007 Q1 rad controls update.  If I have missed something there let me know.

Could someone please give me a simple idiots guide to making the tool tips work.  For now I just want a simple tool tip manager example.  I have started a new page and done the following:
1) drop on the scripmanager
2) drop on a toolTipManager
3) drop on a text box and set it's tool tip value to "tool tip 1"
4) changed the skin for the tooltipmanager to web20Orange.

I run the app and my tooltip is windows plan jane like always.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jun 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?