Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
125 views
Hi,

When using the Flash Manager in the full featured r.a.d.editor for MOSS, it seems that its not possible to navigate to other SharePoint webs than the current web when browsing for the flash file to insert.

Is there a way to navigate to other webs, like the parent web or sub webs, using the Flash Manager?

Thanks,

Oyvind
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2007
1 answer
174 views

Is there a date/time picker control

At the moment i have to call 2 controls date picker and time picker

I work in support management,  so entering/picking a date/time such as
"12-jun-2007 12:45" is common
Chris Gillies
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2007
3 answers
171 views
The AjaxManager doesn't seem to play nicely with all of the Ajax Toolkit widgets/extenders. Specifically it doesn't like the CascadingDropDown Extender very much. If you put a couple of drop downs on a page and chain them up with a couple of CascadingDropDown extenders, all appears to work well until you wire up some controls with the AjaxManager. If a control has a target of a panel containing your cascading drop downs, then the panel silently refreshes but the drop downs loose their data.
I suspect it is some conflicts in the scripting. I can open a ticket with an example if you'd like, but you can likely reproduce pretty easily by putting a panel, then two dropdowns wired with cascasingdropdown extenders, a textbox, and a button. Using an ajax manager, wire the button so that it has a target of your panel. Make it do something trivial like update the text in the text box. When you click it, you should see the data disappear from your drop downs.

Is there anyway to make this work? I like using the cascading drop downs for selecting country/state, but I also want to be able to use the AjaxManager.
Alex Peachey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2007
1 answer
123 views
Hi,

I am unable to use the telerik editor to upload documents and link to them in a similar manner to the shareport html editor..is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks
Maha
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2007
4 answers
212 views

I'm working with a RadDocZone and I'd like to use an expression to set the width of the zone programmatically.

I know this code won’t work but thought if I showed it to you it would be easier to understand what I’m trying to accomplish.

RadDockZone rzone1 = new RadDockZone();

rzone1.ID = "zone1";

rzone1.Width = expression(document.body.clientWidth-438);

The issue is that I get a compile error because "expression" and "document" are not valid.  The expression statement works fine when I use it in a CSS file.

However, for other reasons, I have to set the width programmatically; I can't use a CSS file.  So using the expression statement in a CSS file isn't an option.

Is there any way I can set the Width property for a RadDocZone in my server code so that it will be sized dynamically on the client?

Thanks in advance for any help!

czone
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2007
2 answers
231 views
 Help, I have a user control (ProductList.ascx) made up of datalist and two hyperlinks (displaying "Previous page" and "Next page" respectively).  FYI, these hyperlinks are set dynamically.

The datalist is initially populated by 10 rows (each row has two cells each cell displays a product image and its corresponding description and "Add To Cart" button)

  This is what I want to accomplish:
   1. When "Next" or "Previous" link is pressed, the datalist should  be 
   refreshed with the next (or previous) 10 records without the flicker.

   2. Display the same set of records when the "Add To Cart" button is
       pressed without the flicker.

   3. How can I make the "Add Button" imbedded in the datalist to trigger 
       Ajax request.

  This is what I what I have done:
     1. I added the Script Manager to the master page.
     2. I added the RadAjaxManagerProxy to the user control
         (ProductList.ascx)
     3. I did not do anything in the container (ProductCatalog.aspx) 
         where the user control ProductList.ascx is being used.

   This is the way I set up the RadAjaxmanagerProxy:
    1. Controls that will initiate ajax request: "Previous" link, "Next" Link.
    2. Controls that need to be updated by Ajax: dataList and the labels 
         that display the number of records.
  
   Any input is appreciated.

   Shark
    
 
tigershark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
2 answers
115 views
Hi..

I have a tooltip with Vista skin. Inside it I have RadCalendar with non-default skin (WebBlue,Web20 or etc) and control is not render properly (background is missing and other graphics). With default skin everything is ok.

I have also problem with small table inside this tooltip, on screen there are several white borders around it but i have table border set to 0 everywhere.

Best regards.
possible
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
1 answer
148 views
Hi,

I have problems to make rad editor for moss working properly with server farm. I've done these steps :
  1. the farm has one server by now, and I set up the server to act as front web server
  2. I installed the solution (radcontrols.wsp) following telerik directives and it seems to work properly
  3. I removed the web frontend role of the server (that causes sharepoint to remove iis sharepoint apps, excluding the central admin)
  4. I added again to the web frontend role the server.
  5. The feature is no more recognized with this error in the log file :
06/04/2007 09:27:09.72     w3wp.exe (0x0884)                           0x11D4    Windows SharePoint Services       General                           75fe    High        Failed to determine definition for Feature with ID '747755cd-d060-4663-961c-9b0cc43724e9'.  Skipping this feature for element querying consideration.     

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
1 answer
149 views
Quick question: Do the RadControls for MOSS work with macintosh based browsers? And if so, do they cover functionality not covered by the standard moss controls for this platform?

We are investigating the possibility of implementing MOSS for a customer, but need to support mac for administration. So far, we have been largely unsuccesfull in finding references to this specific problem, so hope you can help :)
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
1 answer
200 views
While reading through the help file for the new 'Prometheus' RadDock in the 'Dynamically Created Docks' article we noticed in step 2 it mentioned storing the state to a DB ('Now we need a storage where the state of the RadDock controls will be persisted across the page visits. Normally you will use a database for that purpose, but for simplicity we will use the Session. Telerik RadDock contains a special class, named DockState which was designed to be used for storing the state information about the RadDock controls - we will create a list of such objects to persist the state information.').  This is great news, and we would really like to be able to be able to store the state in a db, but we can't find any documentation or examples on how to accomplish this.

Is there anyone who can point us in the right direction, either by linking us to the location of the documentation or even some examples of their own?

Thanks in advance for your help,
~Clayton
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jun 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?