Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
131 views
Hi All,
    I am very new to this telerik control so can any body help me by letting me know that how can I able to use the rad Calender as a Outook Calender and show that as a custom web part in MOSS.

Thanks in advance,
Puru
Puru
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Jun 2007
2 answers
148 views
Hello,

I am using AJAX and creating my RadMenu Server side.  This is working great.  I now want to use the ToolTip control to add tool tips to the menu.  Can you give an example of how I can add tool tips to each menu item?

For some more background info...  I am pulling the information I need to create the tools from a database and then looping through each record and creating a tool. 

for each dr as datarow in dt.rows 
    dim newTool as new RadMenuItem 
    ' do the tool stuff here 
 
    'create the tool tip for this button 
    ' 
    ' how do I do this part?? 
next 


Thanks,
Shawn
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2007
1 answer
206 views
Hi,

Is there a way to trigger a client-side javascript after clicking a ajaxed button?  I tried the following, but it failed.

protected void btnShowPanel2_OnClick(object sender, EventArgs e)  
{  
     Panel1.Visible = false;
     Panel2.Visible = true;
     Response.Write("<script>validate_panel2();</script>");  
} 

Is there a work around for this?  The javascript is suppose to disable or enable certain radio buttons based on a set of data.  I can enable or disable them on the back-end, but then I can't seem to re-enable them on the client-side.

Thanks,
Johnson
Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2007
8 answers
316 views

Hello,

I want the Edit commnd that i add not to postback (i postback it at client side). but if i do CommandsAutoPostBack= false the close command dont postback even if i set its autopostback to true.

Dock.CommandsAutoPostBack =
true;

DockCommand DockCommand = new DockCommand();
DockCommand.AutoPostBack = false;
DockCommand.OnClientCommand = "OpenXAppProperties";
DockCommand.Name =
"Edit";

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Shimon Shed

shimon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2007
1 answer
180 views
Hi All

I have just installed the full RadControls for Sharepoint 2007 package (the deployment package worked like a charm!).

However the Generate Thumbnail Icon seems to be inactive for some reason, even though thumbnail generation is turned on in the Settings file. The site is a publishing site, and I am logged in as a Site Owner.

How can that be? do i have to turn of approval workflow for the Image Librarys in question?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2007
1 answer
184 views
In our application, the value of the min and max could both be zero meaning that the slider filter would not be used for that search, but we still want the slider to appear and show both 0 for a min and a max.  When that happens on a page, the slider throws a js error and does not display.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christian
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2007
1 answer
127 views
We're considering purchasing Rad ASP.NET + WinForms + Reporting. Since Prometheus is not GA yet, do we get Prometheus when it is released?
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2007
2 answers
217 views

I have the following code and trying to click on the linkbutton to ajaxfying the onclick event.  However, it doesn't ajaxfying but posting back the page.  (i need it to be ajafy not post back the page)
Any idea what's wrong?

<%@ Page Language="C#" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 
<%@ Register Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radI" Assembly="RadInput.NET2"%> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Configuration" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Collections" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Security" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls" %> 
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Reflection" %> 
 
<script runat="server">  
 
    protected void lnkbtnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        try  
        {  
            if (txtboxInputEmail.Text.Trim() != string.Empty && txtboxInputComments.Text.Trim() != string.Empty)  
            {  
                //ClientClassFactory.GetCustomerManager().AddEmailToEuronextIntegrationMailingList(txtboxInputEmail.Text.Trim(), txtboxInputComments.Text.Trim());  
 
                //string str = "CloseToolTip();";  
                //ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.Page, typeof(Page), "closeTooltip", str, true);  
            }  
        }  
        catch (Exception ex)  
        {  
            throw ex;  
        }  
    }  
 
</script> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        <asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/>   
                                    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">  
                                    <tr><td style="height: 60px"></td></tr>  
                                    <tr> 
                                        <td class="Head">  
                                            <a href="javascript:void();" style="text-decoration:underline;" id="hylnkInput" runat="server">input</a> 
                                            <telerik:RadToolTip ID="toolTipInputForm" runat="server" ManualClose="True" Position="BottomLeft" RelativeTo="Element" ShowEvent="OnClick" Skin="Web20" Sticky="True" TargetControlID="hylnkInput" > 
                                                <asp:UpdatePanel ID="panelUpdateForm" runat="server">  
                                                    <ContentTemplate> 
                                                        <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" border="0">  
                                                            <tr> 
                                                                <td colspan="2" align="left"><asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValidationSummary1" runat="server" ValidationGroup="inputFormGroup" DisplayMode="List" /></td>  
                                                             </tr> 
                                                            <tr> 
                                                                <td class="Normal" style="width:40px">Email:</td> 
                                                                <td> 
                                                                    <asp:RegularExpressionValidator id="inputEmailValidator" runat="server" Display="None" ErrorMessage="Please enter a valid email address" ValidationExpression="^[\w\.\-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9\-]+(\.[a-zA-Z0-9\-]{1,})*(\.[a-zA-Z]{2,3}){1,2}$" ControlToValidate="txtboxInputEmail" ValidationGroup="inputFormGroup"></asp:RegularExpressionValidator> 
                                                                    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="inputEmailRequiredValidator" Runat="server" Display="None" ControlToValidate="txtboxInputEmail" ErrorMessage="Please enter your email address" ValidationGroup="inputFormGroup" /> 
                                                                    <radI:radtextbox Width="200px" MaxLength="100" id="txtboxInputEmail" CssClass="textfield" runat="server" TextMode="SingleLine" EmptyMessage="Enter your email address"></radI:radtextbox> 
                                                                </td> 
                                                            </tr> 
                                                            <tr> 
                                                                <td colspan="2" class="Normal">  
                                                                    <asp:Label ID="lblComment" runat="server" Text="Comments:"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="commentRequiredValidator" Runat="server" Display="None" ControlToValidate="txtboxInputComments" ErrorMessage="Please enter comments" ValidationGroup="inputFormGroup" /><br /> 
                                                                    <asp:TextBox ID="txtboxInputComments" runat="server" Columns="70" Rows="10" TextMode="MultiLine" CssClass="Normal"></asp:TextBox></td>  
                                                            </tr> 
                                                            <tr> 
                                                                <td colspan="2" style="height: 18px">  
                                                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkbtnSubmit" runat="server" CssClass="bluebtn" OnClick="lnkbtnSubmit_Click" ValidationGroup="inputFormGroup">Submit</asp:LinkButton> 
                                                                </td> 
                                                            </tr> 
                                                        </table> 
                                                    </ContentTemplate> 
                                                </asp:UpdatePanel> 
                                            </telerik:RadToolTip> 
                                        </td> 
                                    </tr> 
                                    </table> 
 
        <script type="text/javascript">  
        var closeTooltipFlag = false;  
        function PreventHide()  
        {  
         closeTooltipFlag = true;  
        }  
          
        function OnClientBeforeHide(sender, args)  
        {  
         //cancel the hide of the RadToolTip  
         args.set_cancel(closeTooltipFlag);  
        }  
          
        function CloseToolTip()  
        {  
         //once a comment has been posted, close the RadToolTip  
         closeTooltipFlag = false;  
         var tooltip = $find("<%= toolTipInputForm.ClientID %>");           
         tooltip.hide();                    
        }  
                          
        </script> 
 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jun 2007
6 answers
307 views

Hello,

I'm wanting to do something a little different with dynamic rad dock creation. I currently have a place holder that I'm dynamically loading user controls into (which is within an Update Panel) and I'd like to wrap each of those user controls within a RadDock control. The end result is my users can reorder the user controls which would trigger the Dock's AutoPostback trigger for a position/index change.

So I don't care about the dock's "dock position state", as I keep track of the ordered list in my own format, and that's currently what your dynamic dock examples concentrates on.

In short, I'd like to have a dock layout with one dock zone, and dynamically add a dock control with a user control within it. I'll simply be looping through the list of user controls to add (within a List<t>) to determine the number of docks and user controls to add. Would you have a VB example of anything like that? An example that doesn't use the state property bag to reload the docks? An example essentially manually adding docks to a dockzone without use of a statebag.

In the meantime, I'll continue to play with your dynamic 'dock state examples' to see if can't rework them for my needs.

Thanks!
Chris

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jun 2007
1 answer
107 views
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to iterate all the dock in a dockzone using javascript on the client? I think I will somehow need to use get_docks but I cannot find an example of this.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Davison
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jun 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?