This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HyperLink Manager

1 Answer 136 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nathan Cho
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nathan Cho asked on 25 Jun 2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Telerik,

I have installed the full trail version on our MOSS environment. I have done some R & D for it and just wondering if you can address some issues/queries I need answering:

1. The RadEditor for MOSS chm is not that detailed in terms of configuration. Do we refer to Telerik RadEditor 7.1 chm for that?
  2. That said, is the RadEditor for MOSS an exact carbon copy of the Telerik RadEditor in terms of configuration and functionality but reengineerd to work in a MOSS environment?
  3. When I click on the MOSSLinkManager it opens the native MOSS HyperLink dialog, whereas the demo on your site opens the standard telerik dialog. Is this normal?
  4. When I am accessing the Image Manager or Document Manager from a sub site, there is no point and click UI for accessing the Site Collection Images and Documents folder on the root site level. Is this a limitation or have I somehow missed it?

I appreciate your assistance.

Cheers,

Nathan

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2007, 01:05 PM
Hello Nathan,

Up to your questions:
  1. The MOSS version of RadEditor can be controlled via the ConfigFile.xml and ToolsFile.xml and yes - you can use the chm for RadEditor for ASP.NET for any documentation related to these settings.
  2. It is not a full carbon copy as the files in MOSS are stored in libraries and we are using the MOSS mechanism for setting the paths.
  3. To enable the standard hyperlink manager, you will need to edit your ToolsFile.xml and replace MOSSLinkManager tool with LinkManager.
  4. Yes, this behavior is by design. Access to images and other files is configured by MOSS depending on the current site. That is why when you are in a subsite, you will not have the same libraries available.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Nathan Cho
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev