Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
311 views

Hello,

I’m creating docks dynamically and store them in a database. It’s based on your example “PortalSiteCS”.

Every dock has 4 DockCommand, every dock loads his UserControl. The user can create the same dock on the page as many times as he wish. Every dock gets an uniqe id.

I get an error “Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.”. This error don’t raises every time. Also sometimes I get an error that says that the id of two docks is the same but if I debug it I see a different id. This error raises when I move the dock from one zone to another zone (left and right).

Is it an error in Prometheus docks?

We can’t lunch our site for bate testing with this bug.

Thanks,

Shimon Shed

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
3 answers
217 views
I want to create dynamically a RadToolTipManager and set the AjaxUpdate event to my handler.  On which event of the lifecycle can I do that and why? 
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
5 answers
335 views
Hi I'm using the RadToolTipManager with a radgrid. As soon as any ajax request goes through none of the tooltips seem to appear. I got it to work using the radtooltip however my tooltips are loading user controls that have their own queries. The load time for radgrid then becomes too long. Is it possible to have Enableajax set to true, EnableAJAXScrollPaging and have the RadToolTipManager to work for an Icon on each row of my datagrid?

protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Item.ItemType == GridItemType.AlternatingItem || e.Item.ItemType == GridItemType.Item)
            {
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image image = (System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image)e.Item.FindControl("smallImage");
                GridDataItem dataItem = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
                image.ID = dataItem["TestId"].Text;
                this.RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(image.ClientID, true);

  protected void OnAjaxUpdate(object sender, ToolTipUpdateEventArgs args)
        {
            int index = args.TargetControlID.LastIndexOf("_");
            string elementId = args.TargetControlID.Substring(index + 1);

            decimal testId;

            if (decimal.TryParse(elementId, out testId))
            {
                this.UpdateToolTip(testId, args.UpdatePanel);
            }
        }

        private void UpdateToolTip(decimal testId, UpdatePanel panel)
        {
            Control control = Page.LoadControl("~/Controls/Preview/testPreview.ascx");
            panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(control);
            Mycontrol testtPreview = (Mycontrol)control;
            ((Mycontrol)control).testId = testId;
        }
Thanks.

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
151 views
As far as we found out, the current functionality of the format block cannot handle nested blocks. We have to get the following HTML:
            <div class="subsection">
                <h4>Lorem.</h4>
                <p>Companies that ..</p>
                <p class="next">Lorem ipsum....</p>
            </div>
            <div class="subsection next">
                <h4>Lorem ipsum dolor...</h4>
                <p>Duis nec mauris...</p>
            </div>
So we defined the following Paragraphs in the file toolsfile.xml:
  <paragraphs>
    <paragraph name="&lt;div class=&quot;subsection&quot;>Subsection&lt;/div>" value="&lt;div class=&quot;subsection&quot;>" />
    <paragraph name="&lt;div class=&quot;subsection next&quot;>Subsection-next&lt;/div>" value="&lt;div class=&quot;subsection next&quot;>" />
    <paragraph name="&lt;p>Normal&lt;/p>" value="&lt;p" />
    <paragraph name="&lt;h4>Sub Heading&lt;/h4>" value="&lt;h4>" />
  </paragraphs>

We enter a header line, and assign the format "Sub Heading" to this line. Then we enter two text sentences and assign the format "Normal" to them.
At last we want to select the header and the two sentences and assign the format "Subsection" to this block. The inner formats should not be removed, opposed to what RadEditor does now.

Is there a way to achieve this,  or is there any other RadEditor functionality to be used for this ??

Thank you for support.

Hugo


Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
4 answers
154 views
Hi!

Is it possible to change the default size of the r.a.d.editor in List Items?

The current size of width: 500px and height: 240px is a little bit to small to work comfortable with for example a wiki-page.

Regards,
Fredrik
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
100 views
I am currently building a calendar with drag & drop capabilities and shows tooltips load on demand when you hover over an event but I have come across a problem...

With tooltips, how can I obtain a label value from inside a Dock that is inside a DockZone by passing DockZone.ClientID?  I would do this using the Dock.ClientID, but the tooltips will not show outside of the DoneZone
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
94 views
I am currently building a calendar with drag & drop capabilities and shows tooltips load on demand when you hover over an event but I have come across a problem...

With tooltips, how can I obtain a label value from inside a Dock that is inside a DockZone by passing DockZone.ClientID?  I would do this using the Dock.ClientID, but the tooltips will not show outside of the DoneZone
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
3 answers
108 views
I'm having an issue while pasting text from word. When copy paste the following text in MOSS RADEditor for lists

Text 1

Text 2

Text 3

I am getting extra break in RADEditor.

Text 1


Text 2


Text 3

when I copied the word in this forum's Editor, it works fine. But is not working properly in MOSS RADEditor for lists. Can you please tell how to resolve this issue? Is there any latest updates available to resolve this issue.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
143 views
When I edit a page in a subsite and open the image browser in the RadEditor it displays the contents of the current subsite. I found no way to go up the hierarchy (there is no button to go up one level) - except entering an URL in the URL field. How can I go up the site hierarchy, if I want to select an image e.g. from an image library contained in a parent site.

Is this feature available in the Full Version of RadEditor?

Regards,
Hugo Mayer
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
1 answer
279 views
I realize Telerik doesn't have any real obligation to support integration of Prometheus with other controls... Nevertheless, I hope that the people here could, at the very least, point me in the right direction.

When placing an Obout SlideMenu inside of a Prometheus splitter, the following error is received
"Sys.InvalidOperationException: Component 'ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone' was not found."

The bottom of the page Source can be seen here, important line in bold.
<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!-- 
Sys.Application.initialize(); 
// --> 
</script> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/WebResource.axd?d=Rwcj_e_oC51iOBYh5MayVggtEnmeLfDRSNuJo6MdksaVrQcOvlTrHPUesRdJLOMXq_vmG2D71BdnK7UY7N_ma5uRITJLgmLNvwzBUET2eQk1&t=633171735402723143"></script><script type="text/javascript">try {var oboutSMbreakMenu = new SlideMenu("breakMenu", null, 10, false, "SMParent", "SMParentOver", "SMParentSelected", "SMChild", "SMChildOver", "SMChildSelected", "SMMenu", "SMChildrenBox", null, null, null, null, null, null, "SMImageParent", "SMImageChild", 100, 0, null, false);} catch(e) {}function f_breakMenu() {var i, j, o, oc, ob;o = document.getElementById("breakMenu");for(i = 0; i < o.childNodes.length; i++) {ooc = o.childNodes[i];if(oc.id.substring(0, 2) != "__") {oc.onmouseover = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 1, true);};oc.onmouseout = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 0, true);};if(oc.onclick) {oboutSMbreakMenu.addFunction(oc.onclick, oc.id);oc.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.id); oboutSMbreakMenu.getFunction(this.id)();};oc.firstChild.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.parentElement.id); oboutSMbreakMenu.getFunction(this.parentElement.id)();};}else {oc.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.id);};oc.firstChild.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.parentElement.id);};}} else for(j = 0; j < oc.childNodes.length; j++) {ob = oc.childNodes[j];ob.onmouseover = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 4, true);};ob.onmouseout = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 3, true);};if(ob.onclick) {oboutSMbreakMenu.addFunction(ob.onclick, ob.id);ob.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.saveHidden(this.id); oboutSMbreakMenu.getFunction(this.id)();};}else ob.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.saveHidden(this.id);};}}oboutSMbreakMenu.buildMenu();}f_breakMenu();</script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!-- 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadSlidingPane, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingPane_ClientState","Title":"sliding pane","_index":0}, null, {"parent":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone","parentPane":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane","splitter":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter"}, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingPane")); 
}); 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadSlidingZone, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone_ClientState","_height":"100%","_width":"22px"}, null, {"parent":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane","splitter":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter"}, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone")); 
}); 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadPane, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane_ClientState","Scrolling":4,"_collapsedDirection":1,"_expandedSize":0,"_height":"400px","_index":0,"_indexInPanes":0,"_originalHeight":400,"_originalWidth":0,"_scrollLeft":0,"_scrollTop":0,"_width":""}, null, {"parent":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter","splitter":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter"}, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane")); 
}); 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadSplitter, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter_ClientState","_borderSize":1,"_panesBorderSize":1}, null, null, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter")); 
}); 
// --> 
 
</script> 

 


When placed outside the control, it renders as follows

<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!-- 
Sys.Application.initialize(); 
// --> 
</script> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!-- 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadSlidingPane, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingPane_ClientState","Title":"sliding pane","_index":0}, null, {"parent":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone","parentPane":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane","splitter":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter"}, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingPane")); 
}); 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadSlidingZone, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone_ClientState","_height":"100%","_width":"22px"}, null, {"parent":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane","splitter":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter"}, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSlidingZone")); 
}); 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadPane, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane_ClientState","Scrolling":4,"_collapsedDirection":1,"_expandedSize":0,"_height":"400px","_index":0,"_indexInPanes":0,"_originalHeight":400,"_originalWidth":0,"_scrollLeft":0,"_scrollTop":0,"_width":""}, null, {"parent":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter","splitter":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter"}, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testPane")); 
}); 
Sys.Application.add_init(function() { 
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadSplitter, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter_ClientState","_borderSize":1,"_panesBorderSize":1}, null, null, $get("ctl00_pageContentPlaceHolder_testSplitter")); 
}); 
// --> 
 
</script> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/WebResource.axd?d=Rwcj_e_oC51iOBYh5MayVggtEnmeLfDRSNuJo6MdksaVrQcOvlTrHPUesRdJLOMXq_vmG2D71BdnK7UY7N_ma5uRITJLgmLNvwzBUET2eQk1&t=633171735402723143"></script><script type="text/javascript">try {var oboutSMbreakMenu = new SlideMenu("breakMenu", null, 10, false, "SMParent", "SMParentOver", "SMParentSelected", "SMChild", "SMChildOver", "SMChildSelected", "SMMenu", "SMChildrenBox", null, null, null, null, null, null, "SMImageParent", "SMImageChild", 100, 0, null, false);} catch(e) {}function f_breakMenu() {var i, j, o, oc, ob;o = document.getElementById("breakMenu");for(i = 0; i < o.childNodes.length; i++) {ooc = o.childNodes[i];if(oc.id.substring(0, 2) != "__") {oc.onmouseover = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 1, true);};oc.onmouseout = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 0, true);};if(oc.onclick) {oboutSMbreakMenu.addFunction(oc.onclick, oc.id);oc.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.id); oboutSMbreakMenu.getFunction(this.id)();};oc.firstChild.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.parentElement.id); oboutSMbreakMenu.getFunction(this.parentElement.id)();};}else {oc.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.id);};oc.firstChild.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.parentClick(this.parentElement.id);};}} else for(j = 0; j < oc.childNodes.length; j++) {ob = oc.childNodes[j];ob.onmouseover = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 4, true);};ob.onmouseout = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.mouseOverOutSelected(this.id, 3, true);};if(ob.onclick) {oboutSMbreakMenu.addFunction(ob.onclick, ob.id);ob.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.saveHidden(this.id); oboutSMbreakMenu.getFunction(this.id)();};}else ob.onclick = function() {oboutSMbreakMenu.saveHidden(this.id);};}}oboutSMbreakMenu.buildMenu();}f_breakMenu();</script> 
 


In that case, there is no error.

Is there some way I can fix this?  I believe it has something to do with script manager... I believe perhaps the obout control is attempting to add that script as an end/onload script, but the telerik one sort of.. prevents it from actually running at the page's end, and puts it beforehand, inbetween the Sys call and the telerik calls?

Thoughts?


fglrxandyou
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?