Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
291 views
Hi,
Just curious if there is currently anyway to control the expand/collapse speed of RadPanes inside of a RadSplitter? If not, is this a feature that will be added in the future?
Thanks,
Dan
fglrxandyou
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
4 answers
176 views
Just switched an existing application over to the new Prometheus version of radAJAX.  When using radAjaxManager - things behave well, but radAjaxPanel is yielding inconsistent results.  It seems to never trigger the loading panel and often, when updating, it seems like all css based background images need to reload (this results in the design of the page flickering or cycling as the result returns.)

Are any of these known issues?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
2 answers
223 views
Hi,

I am trying to turn on all the features available in the MOSS RadEditor (Full version), where can I find the full list of available tools.

(http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/editor/UsintTheToolsFile.html) but  specifically for MOSS?

Thanks!

Regards,
Hong Yip
Chan Hong Yip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
3 answers
129 views
When I try to print dock's zone id I get the following js error
Error: sender.get_parent() has no properties.
When I print the dock id everything goes fine.

function OnClientDragStart(sender, eventArgs) {
alert("You started dragging from Zone with ID " + sender.get_parent().get_id() + ".");
}
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
2 answers
143 views
I have a page layout using a table with 4 docking zones and a width of 100%. There is one row across the top that spans 3 columns and contains one zone, then there are 3 columns on the second row, each containing a zone. Whenever this code is executed with a minHeight value set, it shows up as a completely flat table with no height outside of the radDockZone borders. Any ideas as to why this is occurring?

            <telerik:raddocklayout runat="server" id="RadDockLayout1" onsavedocklayout="DockLayout_SaveDockLayout" onloaddocklayout="DockLayout_LoadDockLayout">  
            <table id="WebPartLayoutTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">  
                <tr> 
                    <td colspan="3">  
                        <telerik:RadDockZone ID="Zone1" runat="server" MinHeight="250px" Width="100%" /> 
                    </td> 
                </tr> 
                <tr> 
                    <td> 
                        <telerik:RadDockZone ID="Zone2" runat="server" MinHeight="250px" Width="100%" /> 
                    </td> 
                    <td> 
                        <telerik:RadDockZone ID="Zone3" runat="server" MinHeight="250px" Width="100%" /> 
                    </td> 
                    <td> 
                        <telerik:RadDockZone ID="Zone4" runat="server" MinHeight="250px" Width="100%" /> 
                    </td> 
                </tr> 
            </table> 
            <div style="display:none">  
                Hidden UpdatePanel, which is used to receive the new dock controls.   
                We will move them with script to the desired initial dock zone.  
                <asp:updatepanel runat="server" id="UpdatePanel1">  
                    <triggers> 
                        <asp:asyncpostbacktrigger controlid="ButtonAddDock" eventname="Click" /> 
                    </triggers> 
                </asp:updatepanel> 
            </div> 
       </telerik:raddocklayout> 
stevenbright
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
9 answers
189 views
I thought I posted this in Prometheus but relized I didn't so I am posting it here as well

how do you capture it from custom commands? I have tried your demo and still can't ficure it out.  on your demo you call function CustomCommand(radDock, args).  I have tried raddoc.getid() didn't work.  I have tried raddock.id, and doesn't work.  please help

thank you
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
5 answers
187 views
Hi,
I have set the MinHeight of my RadDockZone to 200px. There are initially no Docks in the zone (the docks are created dynamically). When the page is shown the DockZone is just a horizontal line. Shouldn't the MinHeight stop this? The DockZone is within a Table on my page.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2007
1 answer
138 views
In the table wizard under the Cell Properties tab there is a Cell CSS dropdown with a set of predefined styles. I need this dropdown to only show my css styles, but I can't find where to populate this dropdown list. Any help is much appreciated!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2007
2 answers
149 views
Hi,

This button is showing on our toolbar, however, it does not function when pressed (we are using MOSS and the other MOSS buttons work fine).

Particularly we are trying to Insert Reusable Content, ala MOSS's standard HTML Editor functionality.  However, we have been unable to find any documentation is this area.

Many thanks in advance,
Grant Holdom.
Grant
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2007
8 answers
460 views
UPDATE:
-----------------------
After playing with this for the better part of the day, I've gotten to the point to where I have gotten rid of the hidden updatepanel (see original msg below) for my dynamically added docks and simply wrapped everything, including my normal asp.net command buttons in one updatepanel.

The problem that has stopped me dead in the road - to the point where I might have to just stop using this control all together - is that when I drag and drop the dock it works perfectly fine for a couple of times. Then suddenly I get this viewstate error message on a drop and it then does it for every drag and drop:

"Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request."

Please if anyone has a solution for this it would help me immensely as I don't know what else to do at this point.

Chris


EDIT: Original Message Below:
-----------------------------------------
Hello,

I split my questions over two threads (and also updated my last old thread) since the topics are suffiently different and it might make it easier for others to search and find a topic of it's not all jammed into one post. 

My question has to do with Dynamically loaded docks, which use the hidden update panel, and how command buttons in a separate updatepanel can interact with the Docks control since it can't be wrapped in an updatepanel itself (using the hidden updatepanel method that you guys are promoting for more efficent AJAX interactions).

What I'm specfically doing is dynamically loading a bunch of docks with user controls within them for a given 'page'. At the top of the page is a couple of buttons that do things like load the 'next page'. This originally (before adding the dock control) occured without postbacks using updatepanels. The original main placeholder that I dynamically loaded user controls in was wrapped in a UpdatePanel with triggers for those command buttons in the other update panels.

So now that I am using the docks control as my 'pseudo panel' to load user controls and I CAN'T wrap that in an UpdatePanel if I want to use the hidden updatepanel 'method', how can I get my buttons to trigger the DOCK panel to reload on page_init? As it is, they can't be "seen" since the control itself is not wrapped in the updatepanel. And it doesn't seem adding triggers to the hidden updatepanel does the trick either.

Thanks,
Chris
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?