Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
140 views
Is it a fact that Prometheus will offer controls which can update without having a postback on client-side. I read something of a TreeView-control which has similiar client-side api as on server side!

Does that mean, that I can make a databind with the new radTreeview??? What are the other controls comming up with Prometheus? Will there be a Grid???????

Steven***
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
1 answer
126 views
Hello,

I m using the tooltip to display a large picture of a thumbnail.

But I would like to avoid people to right click on it to download it.

Is there a way to close the tool tip on click? or at least right click?

Thanks a lot.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
2 answers
221 views
Hello Telerik team,

I have a project which uses the Dock controls from RadControls "Prometheus". The idea of the project looks a lot like Windows Live (or your own example, the Portal Page). Users can have multiple pages where they can place different Dockable objects, with usercontrols loaded in the ContentContainer (such as an agenda, a phonebook, etc).

When the user switches from CurrentPage (which will be set by a Linkbutton in an OnClick-event), I connect to our SQL Server database and get the serialized state of the docks of the clicked page. These DockState-objects seem to be ok, because the DockZoneId's are correct. The problem is, when the page is loaded, the Dockable objects aren't placed in the DockZone's from the (correct!) DockState objects, but they seem to 'copy' the places of the Dockable objects of the previous page's Docks.

This problem only occurres when the user makes an (AJAX) PostBack, otherwise, when he hits ctrl + f5, the Dockable objects are loaded in the correct way. Can you tell me how I can fix this problem?

This is the LoadDockLayout-event, where I set the properties of the Dockable objects. The CurrentDockStates property connects to the database in the get-function.

protected void RadDockLayoutOverAll_LoadDockLayout(object sender, DockLayoutEventArgs e)  
{  
    // CurrentDockStates is a List<DockState>, which contains the states of the Dockable objects for the CurrentPage. Those states are correct.  
    foreach (DockState state in CurrentDockStates)  
    {  
        if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(state.DockZoneID))  
        {  
            e.Positions[state.UniqueName] = state.DockZoneID;  
            e.Indices[state.UniqueName] = state.Index;  
        }  
    }  
} 

Thank you in advance,

Arne van Noorloos
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
1 answer
145 views
Firstly, I want to congratulate you guys on another very, very cool set of controls. I am excited about the final release of the Prometheus controls in September!

I had a simple request--rather than only allowing the tooltip to popup using the TargetControlID as the offset element, could a property be added to allow the developer to specify a different control as the offset element? For example, let's say I have a textbox with a linkbutton next to it. I don't want the tooltip to be activated based on any event in the textbox, I want the link, when clicked, to activate the tooltip and have it displayed relative to the textbox. I know this can be accomplished using client events (I am doing this now--works great!) but I feel like this might be a scenario others would find useful.

Feel free to chime in--maybe this isn't as useful a feature as I think :)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

- Larkin
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
4 answers
141 views
Hi all,

I'm trying to use Prometheus Dock control but I have two major problems.

1) When creating DockZone and DockObject in design mode, the <ContentTemplate> tags aren't created when dropping a control inside the DockObject.  It's not annoying that much cause I can create those tags manually.  But the problem appears when I edit the porperty of the DockObject in desing mode.  After comming back to the code view, the closing tag (</contenttemplate>) disappear but not the opening one.

Strange isn't it ?

2) I have two docking zones : A and B.  I've put them in a two cells table.
There are two dock objects in zone A and one in zone B.  When I open that page in a web browser, all seems to be good, except that de borders of the dock zone B are outside of the table.  But the real problem appears when I set window to full screen.  Then all the objects of the A zone disappear (IE 6 comportement).

Is there a trick to solve that ?

Many thanks in advance.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
1 answer
131 views
Hi. I am very much looking forward to Promethius.

We have invested significant time and resources into the RadGrid. We have wrapped it up and provided abstraction into the grid so that it can interact with our ORM at the very highest of levels.

Our clients and my developers are very happy people because we are all expereinced in the pain that grids can generate.

My concern is how backwarderly compatible will the Promethius grid be?  At this stage should we be budgetting on a significant re-write of our abstraction layer or possibly only a tweak or two here and there?

Regards
Dave A
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2007
1 answer
199 views
Hello,

I have a situation in which a RadTooltip is sitting in conjunction with an image that displays it in a usercontrol.  When the usercontrol (.ascx file) is added to a page more than once, the tool tip shows fine for the first instance of the control, but it fails to show at all for the other instances of said user control.  Any thoughts on why?

Thanks,
KC
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2007
5 answers
155 views
Hi!

I need the full functionality of RadEditor for ASP.NET in my MOSS 2007 project. Does it support MOSS, or am I limited to RadEditor for SharePoint?

Frank
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2007
1 answer
116 views
The image manager does not have a field for captions. How do users add captions underneath pictures.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2007
1 answer
143 views
isn't this control part of the full rad controls for asp.net suite? we can't find it.
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?