Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
196 views
I wonder if there is a way to hide the track bar of the slider? That means, the line on which slider thumb moves. Is that possible? Also, how to change the thumb of the slider (the one which drags to change value)?

   Infact, as telerik is NOT providing any slider with two thumbs, so I decide to do a tweak. That is, put two sliders on top of each other and make the tracking lines invisible. and maybe, if needed, change the thumb to that it looks something like this

^-------------------v

    and I hope using this way, I will be able to display a slider which looks like two thumbs slider.

     Please let me know if there is a way to hide the track back of the slider AND also how to change the thumb of the slider (currently, I dont see anything, maybe, I am missing it).
 
     BTW, any better idea to replicate two thumbs slider will be welcomed.

      Thanks,
      Sameers
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
3 answers
329 views
I have 5 scenarios.  UpdatePanel, AjaxManager_P, AjaxPanel_P, AjaxPanel_Old, AjaxManager_Old.  Browser used in these examples if FF 2.0.0.4.  Cache cleared on each refresh.

Each scenario is one in which there is an anchor, a tooltip, and an item which causes postback.  In the cases of the panels, all three are contained in the panel.  In the case of the Managers, the updated controls are the ToolTips, the initiators are the postback buttons.


UpdatePanel:
First Ajax-Postback works.  Second Ajax-Postback returns an alert: "Invalid JSON Primitive ."

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="testUpdatePanel" runat="Server"> 
    <ContentTemplate> 
        <asp:Button ID="postbackButton1" runat="server" /> 
        <asp:Label ID="tooltipAnchor1" runat="server">ToolTip Anchor 1, Update Panel</asp:Label> 
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip1" runat="server" TargetControlID="tooltipAnchor1">This is a tooltip</telerik:RadToolTip> 
    </ContentTemplate> 
</asp:UpdatePanel> 


Prometheus Panel
On update, the toolTip no longer attached to element.  On second update, receive JSON alert as before.

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="prometheusAjaxPanel" runat="Server"> 
    <asp:Button ID="postbackButton1" runat="server" /> 
    <asp:Label ID="tooltipAnchor1" runat="server">ToolTip Anchor 1, Update Panel</asp:Label> 
    <telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip1" runat="server" TargetControlID="tooltipAnchor1">This is a tooltip</telerik:RadToolTip> 
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 


AjaxPanel (old)
First ajax-postback works, tooltip still attached.  Onthe second update, a Server Error occurs displaying the same text that the alert displayed earlier.

<radA:RadAjaxPanel ID="oldAjaxPanel" runat="Server" EnableOutsideScripts="true" UseEmbeddedScripts="true"> 
    <asp:Button ID="postbackButton1" runat="server" /> 
    <asp:Label ID="tooltipAnchor1" runat="server">ToolTip Anchor 1, Update Panel</asp:Label> 
    <telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip1" runat="server" TargetControlID="tooltipAnchor1">This is a tooltip</telerik:RadToolTip> 
</radA:RadAjaxPanel> 


Prometheus AjaxManager
First Postback works, Tooltip Opens, Second postback causes "Invalid JSON primitive ."


<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ajaxManager"  runat="server"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="postbackButton1"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tooltip1" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
  
  
<asp:Button ID="postbackButton1" runat="server" /> 
<asp:Label ID="tooltipAnchor1" runat="server">ToolTip Anchor 1, Update Panel</asp:Label> 
<telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip1" runat="server" TargetControlID="tooltipAnchor1">This is a tooltip</telerik:RadToolTip> 
 
    


Finally, Old Ajax Manager.

Old Ajax Manager.. works.

<radA:RadAjaxManager ID="oldAjaxManager" runat="Server" UseEmbeddedScripts="true" EnableOutsideScripts="true"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="postbackButton1"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tooltip1" /> 
                <radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tooltipAnchor1" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </radA:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</radA:RadAjaxManager> 
  
  
<asp:Button ID="postbackButton1" runat="server" /> 
<asp:Label ID="tooltipAnchor1" runat="server">ToolTip Anchor 1, Update Panel</asp:Label> 
<telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip1" runat="server" TargetControlID="tooltipAnchor1">This is a tooltip</telerik:RadToolTip> 
 


In the next obvious scenario, if one puts a postback type control inside the tooltip (eg: a button), then the tooltip returns, empty. 

<radA:RadAjaxManager ID="oldAjaxManager" runat="Server" UseEmbeddedScripts="true" EnableOutsideScripts="true"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="button2"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tooltip1" /> 
                <radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="tooltipAnchor1" /> 
                <radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="button2" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </radA:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</radA:RadAjaxManager> 
  
  
<asp:Button ID="postbackButton1" runat="server" /> 
<asp:Label ID="tooltipAnchor1" runat="server">ToolTip Anchor 1, Update Panel</asp:Label> 
<telerik:RadToolTip ID="tooltip1" runat="server" TargetControlID="tooltipAnchor1"><asp:Button ID="button2" runat="server" /></telerik:RadToolTip> 
 
      




This is a great deal of complication that isn't very fun to deal with at all.  That the tool tip only works properly with the old ajax manager, or perhaps it works propertly with the new pieces in a way that isn't immediately obvious. 

I don't really want to use the tooltip manager.  There's no reason to-- my fields are static.  The only reason I am updating the tooltip at all is because otherwise, it won't reattach to the label. 

In my second post, I will discuss why, despite this working finally as described, when placing the ToolTips in templates, the toolTip stops working even with the old ajax manager.

Ideally, I want to use the Prometheus Ajax, and more than that, AjaxManager.




Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
2 answers
121 views
Is there a step-by-step tutorial which explains the best way to replace the MS MOSS control?

The way we have it seems really a cumbersome implementation and I'm not sure it's the best way.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
1 answer
164 views
I want to increase the maximum size of the image i can upload in the image manager.

I added the following line to the configfile.xml
<property name="MaxImageSize">1048576</property>
but i still can only upload images with a maximum of 200Kb.
Even after a iisreset.

What i am missing.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
5 answers
216 views
Hi,
How can we change the path that the ImageManager and FlashManager default to?  I am within a site and can only see site level folders (e.g. Documents).  I would like to be able to see folders at the site collection level.

Regards,
Grant.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
1 answer
192 views
One of the things I'd like to do is have a Tool Tip pop out and appear as a window extension to a tool on the sliding pane... When this happens, it appears off the pane, as well it should.  When I move to the item, it proceeds to cause the sliding pane to collapse, as I no longer am hovering over the pane.

Although I have ideas for how to handle this in a backwards sort of way, what I'd like to do instead is..


Set the Sliding Pane background to transparent, and give the items on the pane a background color so it appears that it's smaller than it actually is.  Then, when a tooltip pops out, it pops out OVER the transparent, much larger pane..

The visual problem with this is that the title bar then looks longer than the 'element' added-- as long as the transparent background.  There is currently no way to modify the title bar's size, that I've found, despite playing around with css via firebug.

I'd like to have the ability to not only resize the titlebar, but also, to remove it entirely.  Thanks,
F
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2007
4 answers
88 views
is there any way to create an UI for web similar to RadDock control for WinForms using "prometheus" controls or RadConttrols for ASP.NET ?
santanu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Jul 2007
2 answers
116 views
I have a DockZone with dynamically loaded Docks in them. Each dock has a textbox in it. If the user types into the textbox and a postback occurs then the text in the textbox is returned in view state.

But I'm now using a RadWindow to edit the data in the textbox using a modal window with a RadEditor control in it. The html text gets returned from the window and set in the textbox in the dock. The value displays fine in the textbox. But when a postback occurs the textbox data is not returned to the host in viewstate.

The OnClientClose event has javascript to set the textbox value :-
function RetrieveArg(radWindow)
  {
  var oValue = radWindow.Argument;
  var oText = document.getElementById(EditTextBox)
  oText.value = oValue;
 }

Any ideas on how I can force the viewstate to be updated with the text value?
skysailor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
2 answers
211 views
I'm using the scheduler and want color coding.  I'm using the datasource property in webpart so I did not think I could use ResourceTypes.  So instead the webpart allows the user to set a field, a value for that field, and cssclass to use if that value is found while in AppointmentCreated.

The CSS class is changed in the page, but apparently is overridden by subsequent divs.  I also tried changing background color and border using e.Appointment but likewise that does not work. 

I was thinking I might be able to use Resources instead of ResourceTypes?  Is there an example for this?

Thanks,

T

void scheduler_AppointmentCreated(object sender, SchedulerEventArgs e)
        {
           
            string status = dt.Rows[DataRowCount][this._ResourceField].ToString();
            string Title = dt.Rows[DataRowCount]["Title"].ToString();
            if (ResourceCSSById.ContainsKey(status))
            {
                string cssclass = this.ResourceCSSById[status];
                e.Appointment.CssClass = cssclass;
            }
            else
            {
                e.Appointment.CssClass = _ResourceDefaultCSSClasses;
            }
        }

CSS:

.Approved
{
    border-bottom-style:dashed !important;
    border-bottom-color:navy;   
}
.Rejected
{
    border-bottom-style:solid !important;
    background-color:Maroon;
    border-bottom-color:Gray;   
}
.Pending
{
    border-bottom-style:dashed !important;
    background-color:Lime;
    border-bottom-color:Fuchsia;   
}
Tronn Carson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
2 answers
137 views
I have a simple splitter with  two vertical panes, each of which is diveded by a plitter into two horizonal panes. I have height and width set to 100% on the outermost splitter. The two vertical pnaes specify 30% and 70% width.  All was working fine until I decided to move it to a Rad Window.  In firefox 1.5.0.6  the left pane does not show at all, the right pane extends to 100% of the Rad Window size. I have played with various scenarios and the only one that will show both panes in their relative widths is if I replace % in the outer splitter by a specific pixel width which of course is not good enough since the splitter will not resize with the RadWindow.

In IE7 the two panes show but formatting is totally  off - upper panes have height totally different than specified, dividing lines disappeared, the skin does not seem to take effect at all.
code is below
Any ideas?
Thanks, Arie

<telerik:RadSplitter id="cmgrSplitter1" runat="server" height="100%" width="100%" skin="ThickBrick">
<telerik:RadPane id="cmgrCollectionPane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Width="30%">
 <telerik:RadSplitter id="cmgrSplitter2" runat="server" height="750"  Orientation="Horizontal"  skin="ThickBrick">
   <telerik:RadPane id="cmgrTitilePane1" runat="server" height="75" scrolling="none">
  Some Text  
 </telerik:RadPane>
 <telerik:RadSplitBar id="cmgrSplitbar3" runat="server"> </telerik:RadSplitBar>
  <telerik:RadPane id="cmgrImageDisplayPane1" runat="server"  >
   <div style ="padding:5px">
   <radM:RadMenu id="RadMenu3" runat="server" Skin="CssBrick">
                  <items>   some standard menu items  </Items>
             </radM:RadMenu>       
   </div>
  </telerik:RadPane> 
   </telerik:RadSplitter>               
 </telerik:RadPane>    
 <telerik:RadPane ID="cmgrImagePreviewPane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None">
    <telerik:RadSplitter id="cmgrPreviwSplitter1" runat="server" height="750"  Orientation="Horizontal"  skin="ThickBrick">
   <telerik:RadPane id="cmgrPreviewTitle1" runat="server" height="75" scrolling="none">        
           Some text   
        </telerik:RadPane>
  <telerik:RadSplitBar id="cmgrPreviewSplitBar1" runat="server"> </telerik:RadSplitBar>
  <telerik:RadPane id="cmgrDisplayPane" runat="server" scrolling="y">
         <div style ="padding:5px">
       <radM:RadMenu id="RadMenu2" runat="server" Skin="CssBrick">
                <Items>  some standard items </Items>
                  </radM:RadMenu>
       </div> <!-- content end -->
         </telerik:RadPane> 
  </telerik:RadSplitter>               
 </telerik:RadPane>
</telerik:RadSplitter>


Arie Segev
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?