Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
162 views
I'm not sure if it is just me, but I get intermittent 'Object required' javascript errors in various scenarios using AjaxManager and AjaxPanel (seperately) in master/content page implementations. I don't know if it is the Telerik control or just instability in the asp.net ajax UpdatePanel control but it has me a bit concerned. How close are you guys to releasing a build that addresses the master/content page problems that have been reported?

Thanks,
Larkin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2007
2 answers
388 views
Hello,
I'm trying to refresh RadTreeView using AjaxRequestWithTarget() call from javascript, however it does not refresh the tree. The javascript:
function RefreshTreeView() 
{ 
    var ajaxManager = <%= AjaxManager.ClientID %>;     
    ajaxManager.AjaxRequestWithTarget('<%= TreeView.UniqueID %>', ''); 
} 

The RefreshTreeView() function is being called from a ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript inside an ajax hidden updatepanel. This happens when I close a RadDock object. I copied this script from the RadDock MyPortal example, except that I added the RefreshTreeView(). The intention is to remove a node from the tree when a dock object is closed.
The script is as follow:
                ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript( 
                UpdatePanel, 
                this.GetType(), 
                "RemoveDock", 
                string.Format(@"function _removeDock() 
                    {{
                    Sys.Application.remove_load(_removeDock);
                    RefreshTreeView();
                    $find('{0}').undock();
                    $get('{1}').appendChild($get('{0}'));
                    $find('{0}').doPostBack('DockPositionChanged');
                    }};
                    Sys.Application.add_load(_removeDock);", 
                    ((RadDock)sender).ClientID, UpdatePanel.ClientID), 
                true); 
 

Please help, anyone?

Thanks
-H
HHalim
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
1 answer
91 views
We have found no way how to add a custom sytle when using the Numbered List and Bullet List Buttons on the Rad Editor Toolbar e.g.

<ul class = "customstyle">
</ul>

Is there a way to configure the two tools this way or is there any other possibility to achieve this?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
1 answer
102 views
Hi

Is there a way I could alter the CSS's of the Webgreen skin to I can use it other controls such as a table , or div.

Thank you
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
1 answer
160 views
Hello,

I'm dynamically loading RadDocks into one RadDockZone and currently I collapse all the docks by rebuilding the dock list on the server with .collapsed = true. How could I use an asp.net button to trigger all my docks to collapse using ClientScript instead of server-side code with my dynamic docks?

Thanks,
Chris
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
1 answer
190 views
Could anyone clarify the following for me:

Skins / scripts are embedded (admittedly giving an easier deployment) in the assembly.  Is this the way it is going to be in the final release?

Then how will I be able to extend any embedded skins, when not having the files (Reflector?!).
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
1 answer
170 views
I have a ColorPicker Control in a datalist which the datalist is in an asp.net panel. Works great, but if I start my application with the Visible property to false on my asp.net panel and then set it to true with a button event the ColorPicker Control renders incorrectly. The only work around I have is to place another ColorPicker on my application and have the Visible property on the ColorPicker set to true. This causes my other ColorPicker to render correctly when my asp.net panel's visible property is set to true.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
4 answers
1.0K+ views
This is probably a beginner's question, but very important for me:
Is the effect of Ajax request on the session timeout  the same as a post back?
My problem is that I have a significant client side interaction + Ajax that may take longer than the session time out before the next postback occurs. If the timeout occurs the user will lose the changes that are sent back to server via ajax request.
If I need a postback to reset the session timer what would be the best approach; I thought of putting a hidden control whose only function is to generate periodical postbacks. What will be the code for that (not the code  for the timer, but the code to have only that control post back)?

Thanks much for the help,
-- Arie
Arie Segev
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jul 2007
14 answers
369 views
Hi,

I'm trying to add a radeditor to a custom webpart but I can't seem to add a reference to the appropriate radeditor dll's in the GAC. Am I missing something? Are there other files I should be referencing in order to using the editor in my own controls or webparts?

Regards,

Roel
Eson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
1 answer
140 views
Hello,

I want to develop my own WebParts to integrate them into MOSS 2007. So, I don't use the MOSS RadEditor. I want to specify ImagesPath to point to the personal images of each user, that is his personal site.
But apparently, that does not work.

Do you have a solution?
Is it possible to put : ~/personal/prenom_nom/Shared%20Pictures/ to the ImagesPath of radEditor ?

Thank you in advance,
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?