Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
96 views
It seems that not all of the properties of a RadDock are saved in the DockState. This is causing an issue for me as I set the DockHandle property to None. However, on postback, it is reverting to TitleBar.

I even tried simply adding "dock.DockHandle = DockHandle.None" into the CreateRadDock() function of the Dynamic Docks example. Still nothing.

Am I missing something simple? Thanks for the help in advance.
Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
130 views
Hi,
I'm testing your Prometheus-Controls and run into a display problem of the RadCalendar inside a RadPane. If the width of the Calendar-Control is greater than the width of the RadPane, the Calendar-Control is above the RadSplitBar. I hope you can reproduce this.
Thanks for answering.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
143 views
Hello,

i am using two RadEditors for SharePoint in a WCM Cenario, the Version is 4.3.1.0.

In my Moss i have customized the CSSEditor.css File.
For example the style of <li> and <td>s.

But now i dont't want to have theese Customization on all RadEditors in my WebApllication.

Is it possible to have to different CSSEditor.css Files? And where can i set this property?

Thanks Marco



Can you help me?

Greetings Marco
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
3 answers
90 views
I'm using RadWindow 2.0 with the "Vista" skin.

When opening more than one window, the non-active windows have the bottom 20% of the window missing. Activating the window again restores the whole of the window.

My RadWindows are opened using the RadWindowManager:

<telerik:RadWindowManager  
            id="RadWindowManager1" 
            VisibleOnPageLoad="true" 
            DestroyOnClose="true" 
            ShowContentDuringLoad="false" 
            Skin="Vista" 
            Behavior = "Close,Maximize,Minimize,Move,Resize" 
            MinimizeZoneId="HorizontalMinimize" 
            OnClientShow = "OnClientShowRadWindow" 
            OnClientPageLoad = "OnClientPageLoadRadWindow" 
            OnClientDragStart = "OnClientDragStartRadWindow" 
            OnClientDragEnd = "OnClientDragEndRadWindow" 
            runat="server">  
            <Windows> 
                <telerik:RadWindow ID="ModalWindow" runat="server" Behavior="None"   
                    DestroyOnClose="false" Modal="true"   
                    VisibleOnPageLoad="false" /> 
            </Windows> 
        </telerik:RadWindowManager> 

Any thoughts ?

Bob.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
154 views
when i try to place the slider  "prometheus" in a web application using VS 2008 beta 2 i obtain the following errors
1-ASP.Net Ajax Client-Side framework failed to load

2-Sys is undefined
this error apears only in IE,when i use mozilla there was no error but the controle is not rendered ,i need your help please

Ibrahim Imam
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
117 views
Hi I am getting two issues with the editor control.
The major one is that the generated html for the editor doesn't validate as XHTML strict compliant.
To reproduce the problem just put an editor (Prometheus) control on a webform that has the XHTML Strict doctype. Run it, view the html source and paste the source to the w3c service at
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input
You should get at least 3 errors.
Removing all the standard toolbars still gets me the  same errors.
I also think this is not only for the strict doctype.

I have also a second problem setting the background color of the control to white as it shows the background image it finds in the body of the webform.
To bypass the problem I used some javascript and the OnClientLoad client side function as described in the doc with the backgroundImage attribute of the style property set to none.
 
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
361 views
Hi,

I have a question: are all Prometheus controls faster on both client side and server side than the RadControls for ASP.NET?
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
2 answers
320 views
I am getting some designer errors with a RadAjaxManager, LoadingPanel, or AjaxPanel.

The AjaxManager and Loading Panel error:

Failed to create designer 'System.Windows.Forms.Design.CompenentDocumentDesigner, System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0 etc

The AjaxPanel error:

Failed to create designer 'Telerik.Web.Design.RadAjaxPanelDesigner, Telerik.Web.Design, Version=1.0.0.0 etc.

Jason
Michael Kane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Sep 2007
1 answer
177 views
When using a RadAjaxManagerProxy how do you determine that you are in a callback/postback so that you don't run certain code blocks.

I have put a single radajaxmanager and loading panel on my master page and created a base page class that references these controls and have overridden the onload event to grab those references so they are available to my content pages.

My codebehind is then looking at the reference to the radajaxmanager and its isajaxrequest property to determine if it is indeed a postback/callback.

Is this the correct way or is there something easier?
Jason Maronge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2007
6 answers
222 views
Hi,

I have some performance issues with RAD Ajax and am after some advice of how I can get better performance out of my app by better using my RAD controls and RAD ajax... I currently have a RAD tab strip across the top of my page containing 6 tabs each tab containing many controls and sometimes a lot of data...

I'm after a way of only posting back partial data and doing partial updates to the page but still using the RAD tab strip and reducing the amount of data passed back and forth on each AJAX request..

Any help appreciated.
Jacques Woolston
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?