Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
110 views
If I bought a license for all RadControls for ASP.NET, do I have to buy a separate license for RadEditor for SharePoint 2007?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
3 answers
205 views
Hi,

I have a RadWidow placed in a WebUserControl. By clicking a LinkButton it will be displayed. But only as a "flash". It disappears after a second or two automatically. I've no idea how to get it on page. Do you have ... ?
adi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
1 answer
212 views

Nice demo. Thanks for building in the time zones. But It was lacking information on recurrence patterns for appointments, etc. Can we get some more information? A person to cantact?

Thanks
Peter Spevacek
CTO, InterLangua

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
6 answers
215 views
I'm considering upgrading to prometheus and using the scheduler so I have been testing it out.

Problem: I have cascading drop downs in the InlineInsertTemplate so I can't two-way bind the second of the two drop downs without getting errors on the first drop downs post back. What I need to do is get a handle on the second drop down during the Inserting events so I can grab the selected value for the insert method. FindControl on the scheduler does not work and I don't know where to look for this object.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
0 answers
644 views
When upgrading existing telerik RadControls applications (which include RadChart) to RadControls "Prometheus" you might get the following error:

Error 1 The type 'Telerik.Charting.<SomeType> exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Charting\...\Telerik.Charting.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\...\RadChart.Net2.DLL'

The reason for this error is because RadChart (3.x and later) and RadControls "Prometheus" Chart use shared code. The shared code is in the form of Telerik.Charting.dll assembly which is ILMerged in the RadChart.Net2.dll for backwards compatibility reasons and is shipped separately for RadControls "Prometheus".

The error will manifest itself whenever you attempt to reference BOTH RadChart.Net2.dll and Telerik.Charting.dll. There are two ways to resolve the issue:

1) If you are migrating your projects to use RadControls "Prometheus" you may initially want to remove the reference to the Telerik.Charting.dll from your Web.config file. In this case you will be using the old ASP.NET Chart and will not need the Telerik.Charting.dll that comes with the Prometheus suite. The Telerik.Charting.dll is NOT required for the operation of the "Prometheus" controls other than Chart.

2) If you are already using RadChart "Prometheus" then you will need to remove reference to RadChart.Net2.dll and continue using Telerik.Charting.dll

Please have in mind that RadChart "Prometheus" and RadChart 4.x have 99% identical functionality. It is up to your personal preference to decide which one you would like to use. The most significant difference is the assembly name and the fact that RadChart "Prometheus" uses an HttpHandler to display images and RadChart 4.x still uses RadControls\Image.aspx for backwards compatibility reasons.

We hope this will clear things up for those of you trying to upgrade.

The telerik team
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 02 Oct 2007
1 answer
398 views
Hi,

I am having a problem with using RadTooltips within an iframe. Basically if the page is wider than the frame so you scroll across, and open a tooltip, the tooltip is still being positioned at the left of the page, i.e. off the screen. It is fine scrolling down, just not left to right.

This simple example demonstrates it:

Main containing page

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
 
<h1>Diary</h1> 
<iframe style="width:600px; height:300px;" src="tooltips.aspx"></iframe> 
 
</body> 
</html> 


Iframe page

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Tooltips.aspx.vb" Inherits="TestPages_Diary_Tooltips" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
 
    <asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="MyScriptManager"></asp:ScriptManager> 
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="server" ID="MyAjaxManager"></telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
 
    <table style="width:2000px;"> 
    <tr> 
        <td width="1850"><div id="div1" style="width:100px; height:100px; float:left; background-color:Red;" title="Div 1">Div 1</div></td> 
        <td width="150"><div id="div2" style="width:100px; height:100px; float:left; background-color:Blue;" title="Div 2">Div 2</div></td> 
    </tr> 
    </table> 
 
    <table style="width:2000px; margin-top:300px;"> 
    <tr> 
        <td width="1850"><div id="div3" style="width:100px; height:100px; float:left; background-color:Green;" title="Div 1">Div 1</div></td> 
        <td width="150"><div id="div4" style="width:100px; height:100px; float:left; background-color:Purple;" title="Div 2">Div 2</div></td> 
    </tr> 
    </table> 
 
    <telerik:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ID="Tooltip" Width="300" Height="150" Skin="Web20" 
        Animation="Slide" Position="BottomRight" Sticky="true" Text="Loading..." ShowEvent="OnMouseOver"> 
        <TargetControls> 
            <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="div1" IsClientID="true" /> 
            <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="div2" IsClientID="true" /> 
            <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="div3" IsClientID="true" /> 
            <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="div4" IsClientID="true" /> 
        </TargetControls> 
    </telerik:RadToolTipManager> 
 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

If you scroll across you will find that the blue and purple divs show their tooltips way back next to the green and red ones.

Is there a solution to this, such as handling the show event and moving it manually, or will it be fixed in a future release?

Thanks

Ryan
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
1 answer
201 views
I followed the telerik whitepaper for adding RadManu to Wss, i had no problem deploying Radmenu to WSS site, after that i tried incorporating the RadMenu control in WSS publishing site as in the whitepaper.pdf, i am getting error in the site after following all the steps. I am evaluating the Radcontrols in order to use them in our application we are building, if anyone have solution or work around please help.
Thanks,
vdg 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
6 answers
327 views
Is there an upgrade path from Editor 7.1 to Editor Promethus? If so, how much?
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
0 answers
158 views
Hi Guys

I was getting
 The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>) error when I add radajaxpanel to a page.

Telerik suggested in these
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-hgchd.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-ththe.aspx
threads to use radcodeblock.

But I don't want to use radcodeblock, so I just wrapped the radajaxpanel with asp panel. It worked.

But the problem is that I have text='<%=txtExpiryDate.ClientID%>' inside that update panel. I can't radcodeblock fo this, so how can I get around with this problem?


Cheers
Shane
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Oct 2007
8 answers
306 views
Hi,

Does RadDock Prometheus support nested dock controls?  I'm trying to build a form creator out of nested RadDock controls, but when I try to move one of the nested controls, an empty zone appears below it and I can't dock it back into its nested position.  I am able to get nested controls with the current RadDock.  This is my current setup:

RadZone
  RadDock
    RadZone
      RadDock
      RadDock
      ...

Also, are you able to announce a tentative release date for RadDock Prometheus resize functionality?

Thanks!
Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?